UNEEKOR EYE XO - FIRST LOOK! Unboxing & First Shots with VIEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNEEKOR EYE XO - FIRST LOOK! Unboxing & First Shots with VIEW

Let me know what you think and please subscribe. Many more videos to come! It was a long night! First EYE XO installed to date so we did it with no instructions etc.

awesome, look forward to many more test runs and comparisons.

Comment

would be nice if you can get your hands on a gc2 and hmt or a quad so accuracy can be verified. QED will be sufficient to verify ball data, but HMT/ Club would be needed for club data.

Comment

• a98cr125
        a98cr125 commented
        Editing a comment
        I will probably leave that in depth data reviews for the numbers guys but having the actual video and picture of the ball hitting the club it’s pretty easy to verify data just by looking at it at least the general idea which is nice

Foresight is in trouble .... the Uneekor is way cheaper offering what appears to be more intuitive data with the club face views .

The open software platform....e6, TGC etc is the nail in the coffin .

my 2 cents

Comment

• bubbtubbs
        bubbtubbs commented
        Editing a comment
        Couldn't agree more.

Can you change side spin to spin axis?

Comment

a98cr125 I know this is first run on new system. I noticed on the shots you pulled slightly that ball impact on screen is left of where ball ended up on simulated flight. Simulated flight had ball starting out right of target and slight drawing across target line. Impact on screen showed ball starting left of target and hitting in the mountain top background. The ball never gets to that screen impact line when ball lands. When you look at clusters and overhead ball path the two pulled shots look like push draws, not pulls with a draw. I am new to sim world and maybe over analyzing but like to know your thoughts about this idea.

Comment

• SkeetShooter
          SkeetShooter commented
          Editing a comment
          Having watched a good deal of Jay's videos and seeing how his ball flight is, I would say the results he demonstrated were exactly the same flight characteristics on MEVO+, Uneekor, and HD Golf. Bare in mind that the impact/target line is something that you can configure based on your space. I'm almost never hitting on my target line with my Skytrak, but my ball flight is identical (With some exceptions) to what is presented on screen, regardless of start line.

• a98cr125
          a98cr125 commented
          Editing a comment
          SkeetShooter is correct. The results are correct we just did some more testing with a PGA guy last night and he was hitting whatever flight he wanted.

SkeetShooter a98cr125 Now I am confused. See if this makes sense. I guess I would expect unit to be centered to screen. So main target line is center screen. I know we can aim left and right of centered target line to get to our target. So anything that starts out left of center whether you aim there or pull the shot left of center then the simulator should pick that up and simulate a ball starting left and then depending on spin fade or draw. It just appeared Jays shots started left of center and had draw spin whether he aimed there or it was a pull but simulator had shot start right of center with a draw. I saw Jays video a few weeks ago with QED and ball path simulated was on point with screen impact whether he hit right or left of center. Great videos and thanks for responses.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormburner View Post
          SkeetShooter a98cr125 Now I am confused. See if this makes sense. I guess I would expect unit to be centered to screen. So main target line is center screen. I know we can aim left and right of centered target line to get to our target. So anything that starts out left of center whether you aim there or pull the shot left of center then the simulator should pick that up and simulate a ball starting left and then depending on spin fade or draw. It just appeared Jays shots started left of center and had draw spin whether he aimed there or it was a pull but simulator had shot start right of center with a draw. I saw Jays video a few weeks ago with QED and ball path simulated was on point with screen impact whether he hit right or left of center. Great videos and thanks for responses.

The camera is not centered exactly behind the ball. It's impossible to judge whether they are pulls/pushes from the video angle.

Comment

I just took a look at the video quickly again... I don't see the ball hitting left of center impact... Its hard to tell since its a much smaller video of his actual swing vs the simulated flight... It looks like its hitting center of the screen.

Comment

I went back as well, lol. I could zoom in on my computer a little and can see the impact a little better but you are right it is hard to see. Camera angle may be playing tricks with me. I am being extra observant because I want to pull the trigger on buying one of these. I have Mevo + now and I hate having to set it up each time I use it and depending on alignment of unit I can tell sometimes readings are better than other times. Some days I am lost on some of the shots its simulates. I want something that can hang and not worry about alignment after it is configured. If I want to aim right or left of center the unit needs to do a good job of reading that. I notice with my Mevo + if I set ball left and right a few inches of mevo+ target line I get exaggerated pull or push readings depending on which side I set up of target line.

Comment

One thing to consider is that the cameras are calibrated using a checkerboard pattern. I think that is what defines a "straight" shot. Any error in this calibration effects how accurately a "straight" shot hits the center of the screen. I think you could tinker with calibration to get the impact on the screen more accurately centered if that's important to you. Certainly would be worth asking before switching brands.

Comment

a98cr125 now that you have had system a week or so what do you think? How are numbers compared to QED? Any bugs or issues on the new unit? Looking forward to some new content.

Comment

• a98cr125
                    a98cr125 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Working on some updates with UNEEKOR so really can't speak yet have not used it enough. Took a few days to enjoy weather with the family but will get the latest updates hopefully soon and pump out some content for you guys.

my biggest 2 concerns are: 1: hitting a shot so high that it hits the unit and 2: do the infrared red lights bother when hitting as they can be pretty bright? Let us know what your thoughts are on those two things...thanks for the reviews!

Comment

• Jtangm04
                    Jtangm04 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My main worry is I've have friends hit under the ball with their driver. The ball skies so quickly it misses my front ceiling netting while that front netting is able to catch well hit flop shots. I'd be so worried letting my inexperienced golfer friends hit with an elevated tee.

• gojoholo
                    gojoholo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Jtangm04 Then I suggest you don't let your inexperienced friends use an elevated tee in your simulator! At least not without a $10000 deposit :-)

• Ericft
                    Ericft commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have kids playing as well which is anothe concern regarding those shots...all it would take is one hit and its lost. Same reason I sold my GC2 and went to Uneekor. Too high a risk of it getting hit

Yeah I hate to say it but I just don’t let anyone experienced in my simulator at all lol. I mean if it’s that bad they could fly anywhere at that stage 😆. Now The most interesting part is the cameras are recessed and looks like it’s made out of a really durable face so if a ball dead hit it one time or maybe even a few I’m not so certain it would even hurt the unit at all.

Comment

I would hope that, like the QED, the EyeXO is built to commercial standards and capable of handling hackers flinging balls in its general direction and taking a few hits. Balls hit off the top of the driver head aren't hit with extreme velocity, though they can put a dent in drywall, as my garage ceiling can attest from some friends.

Comment

Working...
                    X