QED overhead camera keeps crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QED overhead camera keeps crashing

The overhead camera on my QED/Ignite keeps crashing. It will work for a few dozen swings then it either freezes or goes gray. I have to quit/re-start Ignite to get it working again (sometimes multiple times). Are there any troubleshooting tips to follow here? I've tried various light levels from romantic restaurant to blinding light of the sun (using a painters light hung overhead).
    Last edited by GarageDasein; 11-15-2020, 05:05 AM.

I had to replace my cat 5 cable from the camera to the computer and that took care of the problem for me.

Comment

Originally posted by John2660 View Post
      I had to replace my cat 5 cable from the camera to the computer and that took care of the problem for me.
      I'll give that a try, Assuming the metal connector supplied with the QED Ethernet cable is not necessary.

Comment

• John2660
        John2660 commented
        Editing a comment
        No it is not

Originally posted by John2660 View Post
      Issue resolved!

I replaced the included Ethernet cable with a 15' Amazon basics Ethernet cable and in the 48-Hours since doing that I have had zero dropouts of the overhead camera.
      Many thanks John2660, all is right in my world for now or it would be if I could score a RTX 3070.....

Comment

Has this solution continued to work for everybody? I got a new Ethernet cable, 15'. And the one side infrared went out again like it had been before, first day. I get no misreads, and it still shows my impact replay. So i'm not sure if i should even be concerned, but would just feel better getting this thing to work on both sides. Any ideas? Or just don't worry about it? Thanks

Comment

I have this same issue. Never had it in older patches so I really think it's software related. I've been waiting until the new patch that is in beta comes out hoping it fixes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet10_19 View Post
            Has this solution continued to work for everybody? I got a new Ethernet cable, 15'. And the one side infrared went out again like it had been before, first day. I get no misreads, and it still shows my impact replay. So i'm not sure if i should even be concerned, but would just feel better getting this thing to work on both sides. Any ideas? Or just don't worry about it? Thanks
            I've never noticed 1/2 the infrared's going out but if I did I'd be contacting Uneekor support post haste.

Comment

Oh i definitely have. They are always great about it. On the phone, while removing in to check everything. Never any misreads is what baffles him the most. I'm pretty much just monitoring the situation, updating every so often. He mentioned if it ever start mis reading to give him a ring and they'd work on a replacement unit.

Comment

Working...
              X