Adding Swing Cameras to Eye XO View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Swing Cameras to Eye XO View

I have Eye XO with View. I am planning on installing two third party swing cameras. I'm hoping you all can help me with a few questions:

How do you actually view the replay of your swing?
    On which View screen does it appear and can you see both videos or only one at a time?
    Is replay automatic?
    Can you easily view in full speed and slo mo?

Thank you!

There is a 'Swing' tab in View. Both videos can be viewed at the same time and the videos will replay automatically a few seconds after the shot is hit. There is an option to replay at normal speed, half speed or quarter speed.

I've gotta say... it works quite well! I don't have the Swing Optix cameras (bought a couple of 60 FPS cameras from Amazon) so they don't give perfectly clear images of the club positions but in terms of seeing body positions they provide everything needed.

Comment

Originally posted by mjf View Post
      There is a 'Swing' tab in View. Both videos can be viewed at the same time and the videos will replay automatically a few seconds after the shot is hit. There is an option to replay at normal speed, half speed or quarter speed.

I've gotta say... it works quite well! I don't have the Swing Optix cameras (bought a couple of 60 FPS cameras from Amazon) so they don't give perfectly clear images of the club positions but in terms of seeing body positions they provide everything needed.
      Great - thank you!

I'm going the Amazon route, too. Were they relatively easy to get working with View?

Comment

Originally posted by Foreman33 View Post

Great - thank you!

I'm going the Amazon route, too. Were they relatively easy to get working with View?
        Initially, I tried using a couple of different OLD webcams. We're talking 5-10 years old. I figured I'd just plug them in and they'd just show up in the list of available cameras in View. They were discovered by Windows and I could use them to have video chats but they did not appear on the list in View. I gather that maybe View requires a certain vintage of webcam with USB 3.0 or something?

If it's helpful, this is what I bought: https://www.amazon.ca/Logitubo-Micro...ef_=ast_sto_dp

Once the web cam is connected and discovered by Windows, it's just a matter of selecting it in the settings under the 'Swing' tab in View. Fairly self explanatory... although I still think it would be nice if Uneekor would provide some sort of documentation instead of having crowd sourcing as their first line of support.

Comment

• Foreman33
          Foreman33 commented
          Editing a comment
          thank you!

I bought a Logitech brio webcam that is able to get 90 FPS but View will not let me set it up as anything other than 30 FPS. Has anyone else run into this issue and found a solution?

Comment

• Bozz78
          Bozz78 commented
          Editing a comment
          I bought the Brio also. We’re you able to get the 90fps figured out?

I don't have a Brio, but I've read the Uneekor locks3rd party cameras down to lower FPS.

Comment

It could be they do this with some cameras. I’ve only tried the third party cameras from Spinel which seem to get around this somehow as they show options for 120 FPS when choosing them in Ignite.

Comment

Did anyone ever get the Logitech brio to see the 90 fps, I bought 2 spinel cameras , the work good but would like something a bit better , more clearer and in color.

Comment

I don't have a Uneekor but might in the future and wonder if a GoPro would work with it.

Comment

• preludesam
                preludesam commented
                Editing a comment
                I wondered about this as well. Looking over the Kinovea forums there seem to be a difference between cameras that are designed to write to flash memory vs cameras that direct stream. I think this has been the limiting factor for using GoPros for live viewing.

Originally posted by rjheard View Post
              I don't have a Uneekor but might in the future and wonder if a GoPro would work with it.
              I believe it might be possible to get live video from a GoPro using HDMI video capture card.

Comment

Originally posted by mjf View Post

I do have Swing Optix and I'm not very impressed with how Uneekor implements this. In my case, the two cameras are almost never synced together. I think it gets tripped up by any sort of pre shot waggle or something. It's still nice to have but it would be nice if they would sync up. I'm current with all updates as well.

Comment

Is it hit and miss what camera will work? I’d like to purchase a usb3 camera from Ximea. I used to have one running on Swingview Pro software and it was fantastic. I’d have it running anywhere between 400fps and 1000fps depending on light. I’d love to get the Ximea working on View or Ignite.

Comment

• preludesam
                    preludesam commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My cameras won't connect and I knew it was going to be a long shot. It actually bricked the View software and I had to wipe the SDK/Driver for cameras from the system. I got so frustrated I just started over with a fresh install of Windows. If you want to use a high-speed camera outside of the Kaeytons I think you are limited to their offering.

I’m 2 days into owning the Uneekor, it has great possibilities but I’m seeing some frustrating limitations. Their cameras are not great for the price. Maybe it’s the amount of light people are using in the YouTube videos, but the shaft blur seems excessive compared to many other usb3 cameras like the Ximea or Blackfly which come in a few hundred dollars cheaper.

Comment

• preludesam
                    preludesam commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh, it's definitely the amount of light or lack thereof in videos. Blurring or shaft blur has nothing to do with the FPS of the camera and everything to do with exposure time (shutter speed). If you have good lighting something like +60K lumens the cameras will be clear, still, and to perfection. The cameras they offer are not the problem. Locking you into View to use them is the issue. Not being able to pull outside sources into View for comparison is the problem. No information on the features, tutorials, or a user guide says something about the program itself.

What the cameras would look like if the videos had the proper lighting:

I have recently upgraded my cameras from 2 low cost ELP 720P 120fps cameras to 2 IDS 3060 USB 3 high speed cameras. ( See sample ELP camera video here to co...

Can anybody tried this camera with Uneekor QED?

The Blackfly® S leverages the industry’s most advanced sensors in an ice-cube form factor. It is packed powerful features which enable you to easily produce the exact images you need and accelerate your application development. This includes both automatic and precise manual control over image capture and on-camera pre-processing. The Blackfly S is available in GigE, USB3, cased, and board-level versions. The Blackfly S currently has a lead time of four weeks or less. Get the cameras you need – when you need them.

Comment

• COgolfengineer
                    COgolfengineer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    preludesam To get the IDS camera to work with Kinovea, was it plug n play or did you need to install a driver or anything else for it to work with Kinovea? I have a Flir high fps machine camera, so I'm curious to try it out.

schwame This is my understanding of how Uneekor detects the cameras that are not the Swing Optix. I think for any non-webcam or plug n play type camera, I think you'll need some software or driver for it such that Windows sees it as a webcam and then I think Uneekor will recognize it.

• preludesam
                    preludesam commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Kinovea does not support Flir and/or Blackfly cameras. I think your options are Swing Catalyst, custom VLC setup, or maybe OBS? I would run through the user manual on Flir’s Spinnaker driver/software and maybe run a google search for video capture using Flir?

So to answer your first question. Yes IDS’s software suite provides a Windows driver. Same idea as Flir’s Spinnaker software. Kinovea has plugins on the download page for the supported brands. You use the correct plugins and gain the ability to change the cameras settings within Kinovea ie FPS, Exposure, Gain, Resolution etc.
                    Last edited by preludesam; 11-07-2021, 03:31 AM.

• COgolfengineer
                    COgolfengineer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    preludesam Got it, thanks!

Hi guys, I've been making purchases for my simulator build and already bought the Uneekor eye xo and I also thought I could use FLIR Blayfly USB3 cameras for swing capture in the uneekor view software. Have I made a mistake purchasing these cameras? Should I return and go with swing optix? thanks for any and all help!

Comment

• preludesam
                    preludesam commented
                    Editing a comment
                    View will not allow you to use outside sourced machine vision cameras. If you are dead set on using View software for swing playback and want the quality a machine vision camera provides then Swing Optix will be your only option.

To my knowledge Swing Catalyst supports Flir cameras but Kinovea does not. Most of us here are not really impressed with using swing playback in View. I would figure out what program (OBS, Swing Catalyst, Kinovea, View) fits your needs and budget and then purchase the appropriate camera to pair with your choice.
                Working...
                X