Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EyeXO Image Quality

Hi Guys,

The picture quality of the ball at impact seems very poor when compared to what others posted on Youtube. I've tried different methods to fix it including re-calibration but it seems none of it work.

I'm gonna contact their support but figure it would benefit others to start a thread here just in case anyone else has the same issue in the future.

I've also posted two pictures here of what mine looks like and what it supposes to look like.
    Last edited by Jshao2013; 01-12-2021, 11:40 PM.

Pretty sweet! That sure beats putting a sticker on the face of my club.

Comment

Yours does look a little blurry, curious what they say to you.

I asked the same question a few weeks ago and they said that the dimples were visible and ok. Mine is a bit washed out as well although dimples are clearer. I noticed that if I adjust the focus in the calibration tool down from the default 4 value it does not save the setting for me. I thought bringing this down to 2 or 3 would make the image clearer like the one you posted from youtube. Mine seems too bight or overexposed.

Curious if you adjust your focus setting in the calibration tool, then confirm and close out and go back in does it save your setting?

Comment

• Jshao2013
        Jshao2013 commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't heard anything from them yet but will keep this thread updated as I go. In terms of the "focus" button in the calibration software, my understanding is it is not a function that you can use to change the focus but rather just something to show a closer view. To be honest, I don't think there is a way to make the picture less blurry from a software point of view - it's likely a hardware issue. In terms of the brightness button, same issue with you - it just won't save my brightness level.

Also I noted the the two holes on my case don't centre with the two cameras. If one camera is well within the hole, the other will get to close to the edge that the camera is essentially "squeezed" by the case. How's your case like? Do they align perfectly? Thanks!

Mine are aligned pretty well.

Comment

• Jshao2013
        Jshao2013 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Will talk to them to see if this is a quality issue. If so hopefully they get it changed for me.

Thanks for the tip on the focus in the calibration. I wonder how some people are getting a less washed out image like the one you have pictured (which I believe is Jay from GSV). I have seen that same video and thought his impact image was pretty clear . Just darker and not over exposed.

Comment

I saw a thread on Facebook discussing how it is possible to take the cover (plexi glass I presume?) off the unit and manually focus the camera. I find the image on mine a bit fuzzy too and have considered looking into this further but I'm not having any issues with misreads so I'm leery of possibly causing issues.

I'm wondering if the cameras are set to be focused at a specific distance/height? Mine is pretty close to 10 feet from the unit to the hitting area.

Comment

• Jshao2013
          Jshao2013 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine is having a bit of issue with reading as the backspin is consistently higher by 500-1000. With a blurry image like the one I posted, it's very likely it's the cause. In terms of the mounting, I actually tried mounted it at 9ft and 10ft...unless it's set to be focused somewhere in between, it didn't help with my experiments.
          Last edited by Jshao2013; 01-12-2021, 11:45 PM.

• myrison
          myrison commented
          Editing a comment
          There have been other threads recently confirming that Support has asked others to disassemble it and manually adjust focus for units that were off focus. It’s worth asking them if you think this is your issue.

Originally posted by Jshao2013 View Post
        Hi Guys,

The picture quality of the ball at impact seems very poor when compared to what others posted on Youtube. I've tried different methods to fix it including re-calibration but it seems none of it work.

I'm gonna contact their support but figure it would benefit others to start a thread here just in case anyone else has the same issue in the future.

I've also posted two pictures here of what mine looks like and what it supposes to look like.
        I actually was wondering this as well. I've been getting some inconsistent reading (high swing and ball speeds) and focus I thought might help it. Seeing the detailed picture you shared makes me think it could be an issue potentially with cameras reading in a slightly unfocused environment.

Comment

Update: was on a call with support. When calibrating use the side cam window to see how the picture looks and decide whether it is too blurry or not. Mine was fine. The side cam is what reads the dimples.

They also may have issues with white stripes and two ball putters on clubs. I'm going to try out some black painters tape over the top of my sim for experiment later this week. I am not a pro golfer so data will likely be unreliable anyway lol

Comment

The two cameras can be manually focused. I have taken the cover off mine and the lenses have a lock screw. The issue is that the lenses have been glued and taped to their adjustment at the factory. I’m not sure what it takes to get the glue off. This is my second Eyexo and the cameras are not as clear as my first unit. I have had someone from Seoul log in and have a look, but was unable to do anything. He said he would be back to me.

Comment

• Jshao2013
              Jshao2013 commented
              Editing a comment
              yeah i wanted to take the cover off initially but decided not to when i saw what the camera's position was like relative to the holes on the cover. In short, the centre of my camera is like half inch away from the centre of the hole and the camera got badly squeezed by the inside edge of the hole. That really made me wonder whether i could even put the cover back again if i took if off....

Why did you have to get a second unit? My newish eye xo gets some weird spin readings and the 888 222 spin numbers sometimes. I'm thinking it has to be the cameras. Haven't talked to tech support yet. It seems to affect more the woods than irons. Not sure what to do at this point.

Comment

• pwade3
              pwade3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ball was skyed and hit the glass. Put a crack in it. Still worked fine, but Uneekor sent me a new one, free of charge.

Updates - Just talked to their support and have the system checked. Apparently they decided the unit was a defect and shipped me a replacement. If the following applies to you, I'd highly recommend you to contact their support:

1. Ball logos and dimples not clearly visible in the "Focus View" of the calibration software; while
            2. the unit is mounted at proper hight 9-10ft
            3. there is proper lighting

I guess I was just unlucky to receive a hardware with quality issue - might due to the fact it's a long travel all the way from LA to Toronto and the unit got damaged on the way.

Also, I know there are ways to manually adjust the focus of the camera but I've confirmed with them that opening the case will risk you losing the warranty so always contact them first before doing anything.

Overall I'm very happy with their support team and I just hope the 2nd unit works well.
            Last edited by Jshao2013; 01-14-2021, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• JKCapeCod
              JKCapeCod commented
              Editing a comment
              John, Just received our EYE XO and are experiencing the same issue. Called support and they said a bit hesitantly after logging in to Team Viewer that the blurry images were within the tolerance. The images are worse than our QED. Can you send along a few pictures of the replacement images?

Can someone log into their eyexotool.exe and see how clear the images are on their screen for the 2 cameras. If you double click the image it will go full screen so you can see it better. My image on the right in that screen shows the ball and dimples mostly as long as the ball is newish. But the number on the ball is unreadable and out of focus and the logo is soft. The left side image is completely blurry. When I watch qed videos the software overlays blue dots on the ball as it rotated and detects spin inside the uneekor software. On my unit sometimes I see no dots or at most 2 as it detects the ball rotating. Is that others experience?

Thanks, John
            ​​​​​

Comment

• Jshao2013
              Jshao2013 commented
              Editing a comment
              Your device is totally fine based on the picture you posted. Based on my conversation with Uneekor, as long as the dimples are visible, there shouldn't be any issue with reading. In fact, I believe their rule of thumb for their troubleshooting is whether they can see the dimples in the "focus" view. So I guess even if you create a ticket with them to remote into your computer and check, it's very likely they will draw the same conclusion.

In terms of the ball logo and number, that's not an issue at all because the machine doesn't read the logo/number.

For the left side camera, that's for tracking the club movement only with a 12mm camera (vs 25mm camera on the right) so it's not designed to let you see the ball clearly.

For the "dots problem", you just watched the wrong video loll. QED is a model that requires special ball (with dots on them) that's why you see them in the closed view. EyeXo could do regular ball and that's where the extra three grands went.

Bottomline, think you're totally fine - enjoy the game!
              Last edited by Jshao2013; 01-15-2021, 03:19 AM.

Originally posted by jdmst71 View Post
            Can someone log into their eyexotool.exe and see how clear the images are on their screen for the 2 cameras. If you double click the image it will go full screen so you can see it better. My image on the right in that screen shows the ball and dimples mostly as long as the ball is newish. But the number on the ball is unreadable and out of focus and the logo is soft. The left side image is completely blurry. When I watch qed videos the software overlays blue dots on the ball as it rotated and detects spin inside the uneekor software. On my unit sometimes I see no dots or at most 2 as it detects the ball rotating. Is that others experience?

Thanks, John
            ​​​​​
            The image on the right is what reads the dimples. Yours looks fine.

Comment

Latest Updates -- Today I received my replacement unit from Uneekor and installed it. They were very considerate and understood it was a hassel to re-do the bracket and wiring. That's why I'd kept all my settings and only sent them back the hardware only.

In terms of the picture quality, it's very clear and cripsy. Can see both logo and dimples. All the weird reading/no read were totally gone.

Overall, very satisfied with their customer support.

Comment

• pwade3
                pwade3 commented
                Editing a comment
                Can you post some pics of cameras now. Would like to see how they look.

• Jshao2013
                Jshao2013 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi the picture now has the same quality as the 2nd picture in my main post - logo and dimples clearly visible.

Just got my unit eyexo set up. Very blurry image. So is there. Nothing Else to try software wise ? Am I going to have to get a new unit ?

Comment

Working...
              X