Question for UNEEKOR about balls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for UNEEKOR about balls?

So, I have been experimenting with both vinyl dots and the Taylor Made TP5 pix. I have found that the TP5 pix work great. They are soft, get great distance, and you actually get spin on shots. Distance is fine on the driver, just get a different shot shape than expected or even than it feel like it should be. I have found that the vinyl dots work well off the tee, then use the TP5 pix in.

But, there is now a premium golf ball with a uniform pattern all over the ball, the TP5 pix. Why would uneekor not tweak the software to read this READILY AVAILABLE BALL?!?

So the TP5 pix works or doesn’t work? In your first paragraph you said it works great but in the 2nd paragraph you mentioned about QED tweaking the software. Or am I misreading something?

Comment

• Plumz
      Plumz commented
      Editing a comment
      Well it seems it works. All my irons go, what I know to be, the right distances and with the accuracy I would expect outside. I am just not convinced with the accuracy when it comes specifically to the driver.

I am not trying to get numbers to see the differences a shaft or lie angle makes, I'm just looking to stay loose over the winter and play sim golf.

I guess, ultimately, my suggestion is to make the TP5 pix work better...

Plumz Several threads have covered this I believe but they are pretty old so would need to dig deep to find them. From what I remember it does not read the pic correctly. It will give you reads with spin and speed but it’s not correct. Actually I am curious to know if it now gives the estimated spin since they updated the software since this was discussed prior to those updates? Plumz, is your spin reading showing in italics? If so that means it’s estimated.

Comment

• Plumz
      Plumz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the help. I did see some of the old ball threads and they had some mixed reviews so I decided to try for myself. Initially, I was pumped because it seemed to work very well. I am still getting what I feel to be accurate reading (ball flight and distances) as I would expect with everything but the driver.

I didn't realize that italisized numbers meant estimated spin. Are you referring to the numbers in TGC, or IGNITE? I will check it out and continue to look for the best solution for me.

Thanks again.

• JackedUpSwing
      JackedUpSwing commented
      Editing a comment
      Plumz the italicized numbers will be in ignite and mean the QED wasn’t able to read spin so it calculated based on path and face and launch angles.

• Jgain
      Jgain commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried TP5 pix after reading this, and have played 10 rounds on TGC19. I open ingnite on a second monitor to observe that software's results. The reading are not in italics for me. I've had one crazy drive result, but that occasionally happens with a bridgestone too. So far I'm very happy using the Taylormades.

I haven't tried a Unicorn yet, but I like the TP5 pix better than the bridgestones.

I’ve been using the urethane unicorns. They are a nice ball. Gets good spin numbers

Comment

I have thought the same thing....there is a top quality ball that you can just go into a shop and buy which has a pattern on it...I think Uneekor should take advantage and calibrate to the pattern somehow. I’m in the UK so limited options for balls.... I never even got the Bridgestone balls with my unit 6 months ago! Started to look at the German ball option tho.
      btw love the forum thanks to all on here for your helpful posts

Comment

I've had good results with QED using the Chrome Soft Truvis (Blue on White).

Comment

• Plumz
          Plumz commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. I will check these out.

• richerod
          richerod commented
          Editing a comment
          I can also use black on yellow Truvis however I find the blue on white more consistent

Urethane unicorns are the best option IMO, no stickers, good spin, good feel and last plenty long.

Comment

• Brent628
          Brent628 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. I have a league in my garage with 17 people playing weekly. We are on week 4 and maybe have used 3 balls.

• Plumz
          Plumz commented
          Editing a comment
          I have ordered these as well but the shipping times are pretty long. Hope I get them before the ranges open.

Has anyone tried the AboutGolf balls? They have a 2 and 3 piece ball where the pattern is baked into the ball which then doesn't make marks on the screen.

Comment

Working...
      X