Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTERTOUR - The Genesis Open playing 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Green) - 6836y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-genesis-open
See more
See less

Uneekor QED AND TGC2019 Roll out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uneekor QED AND TGC2019 Roll out

Hey everyone. Long time viewer, first time poster. Basically I'm just curious if there is some kind of setting in TGC2019 or uneekor for my irons to react on the green as they do in real life. When I play on a real golf course and I hit an iron shot I get very good spin. One to two bounces and suck back or just a bounce and immediately biting. When I play in TGC even on settings of very soft green and very soft terrain my ball will roll 10-20 feet every time. Is there anything I can do to get a more accurate roll out hitting into the green or is this a symptom of hitting off a mat insert/launch monitor's precalculated roll? Thanks for the help

I am unsure about QED specifics but I have been looking for solutions re: TGC2019 roll out for some time and, ultimately, have just learned to live with it.

The best advice I can give is to use a fresh golf ball every 100 or so (full) hits. If your green settings are on soft and slow there's not much more you can do in the game. I find that changing balls reduces the excessive roll out but as the cover/clear-coat wears my Skytrak starts returning lower backspin numbers.

Also remember that you are unlikely to achieve the same backspin as in real life when hitting off a mat. Strikes tend to be higher on the club face off a mat which also reduces spin.

Good luck!
    TGC2019 Published Courses:

Newport National GC v2
    U of Maryland UMD v2

Comment

Ill give that a try. I have been playing with a beaten up ball. Spin numbers are still decently high but maybe thatll help with some of the excessive roll. Thank you!

Comment

In TGC start up menu, go to settings tab and change High spin correction from on to off.

You can also change default green speeds here also so when you change course settings in game, those changes will have a greater or lesser effect depending on the settings in general settings NOTEPAD file

Comment

Can you explain what high spin correction is for and when/when not to use it?
          Originally posted by PROTEE UK View Post
          In TGC start up menu, go to settings tab and change High spin correction from on to off.

You can also change default green speeds here also so when you change course settings in game, those changes will have a greater or lesser effect depending on the settings in general settings NOTEPAD file

Comment

Wait, does that Notepad txt file affect performance for a Uneekor QED, as the first poster uses, or just SkyTrak/GC?

Comment

Tbe high spin correction alters the physics a little to suit ball reaction on the green for some they may say it spins too much and some not enough. It does make a difference however on or off.
              the noteoad file does have various boost settings etc for differing hardwares.
              The general settings apply across the board.

Personally inhave high spin correct off and find the ball reacts on the greens just fine.

There are simply levels etc also. Adjusting these numbers set default tuen in game the changes for slow, fast etc are based on that so lowering the stump setting the choosing very slow would probably make the greens very slow

Comment

Interesting. Didn’t realize this

Anybody have the original, unedited txt file? I deleted mine when I switched from SlyTrak to QED

Comment

I don’t think I ever changed that back when I was using my SkyTrak. I’ll have to look into it once my hardware transfer license comes in.

Comment

Working...
                  X