Interested in finding out what you play on your screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in finding out what you play on your screens

I have searched topics and found some topics on this but they are pretty old and want to find out specially when you have the QED and TGC what is playing on each of your screens?

I have a projector, touch screen and 50" tv to use.

It's all personal preference and what you want to see so experiment with your displays. I have a projector screen and 2 27" monitors next to my PC. I duplicate the projector and 1 of the monitors so that when I need to change my aiming point or do flyovers in TGC, I look at my monitor rather than having to look at the projector. The 2nd monitor, I show the View software (I have eyexo, QED would be Ignite) and I show either the video of the club coming through the ball or I show my swing cams.

Comment

• Atrunco
      Atrunco commented
      Editing a comment
      I have this same setup now. Just curious, have you found a way to have TGC open up on the projector and your second screen without having to drag the window over to that screen every time?
      Thanks!

• myrison
      myrison commented
      Editing a comment
      TGC always opens on the primary display. So if you want it to default to the projector then the projector must be set as display 1 in windows. I’m not completely sure that’s what you meant so if I misunderstood please let me know.

I have projector, two 27 inch monitors and 55" TV. Projector and one monitor show duplicated TGC2019. Other monitor shows Uneekor View. TV is used for sports or live TV.

Having dual TGC2019 screens isn't needed, but is nice to look at green breaks and pointer distance up close. Sometimes the projection doesn't show fine details.

Comment

Thank you guys. This is very helpful.

Comment

Mainly have the course up on the projector, but swap around on the 55" and 65" monitors depending on what I am doing, playing a round, vs working on a swing, or what even needs the most attention.

Comment

• myrison
          myrison commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok, thanks. I think I misunderstood what you were saying earlier. I thought that your third and fourth picture could be shown at the same time on different displays using OBS, but now that I look at them again, one is QED, and the other shows a club with the EyeXO sticker pattern on it, so they must just be different shots not being displayed at the same time? If not, I'm still confused on how you do this, and how you get QED and EyeXO software running at the same time.

• BGCurtis2nd
          BGCurtis2nd commented
          Editing a comment
          myrison OK you got me on that! I have no clue where the EYE XO picture came from it is not mine, wish I had EYE XO but I don't and haven a clue as to how that picture wound up on that post. But all the rest I do use OBS to grab different screen shots and show them all at the same time.

• BGCurtis2nd
          BGCurtis2nd commented
          Editing a comment
          Turns out two of the pictures are not mine, not sure how that happened.

I have a 5 screen setup after my recent upgrade project. 1) 24" PC monitor, 2) 55" LG TV above the monitor, 3) 16.5'x10' impact screen, 4) 58" Vizio in back corner, and 5) 58" Vizio in other back corner above the bar. I connect the computer to an Onkyo TX-NR646 receiver/speakers, with the main output being the impact screen. It supports a dual/secondary output, so I have that connected to screen #5. Everything runs off an GTX1070: display port 1 to screen #1, display port 2 to screen #3, display port 3 to screen #4. The HDMI out runs to a HDMI duplicator and is wired to screens #2 and #5. I wired it this way so screen 5 can either mirror screen 2 or 3 depending on my mood. They all run thru the surround speakers, but the Vizios can also run as independent TVs if I'm wanting to have a different game on each.

When I'm playing, screen 1 usually has Pandora or Spotify going. Screens 2 and 5 are mirrored and have some TV channel on - usually golf but sometimes news or a movie. Screen 4 has the QED Ignite software w/ the 2 cameras view. Screen 3 is TGC 2019 sim with the OnTopReplica software overlaying a copy of a few things from the QED software. I put an overlay of the "Ready" / "No Ball" on the top of screen, and then on the lower-right corner of the screen I have a small view of the twin swing cameras, the overhead club thru ball camera view, and the 5 stat squares of ball speed, carry, total distance, launch angle, and backspin. Once I hit the ball and it takes off on screen, I'm able to see the ball speed and launch angle and know immediately how decent the strike was. As the ball is starting to come to rest in the game, I see the replay of my swing and the club thru ball impact. Then I'll be able to walk back to the couch and look at screen 4 to check all my numbers while my buddy is setting up for his shot. This way we keep the game moving with the 5-second auto advance in TGC so we're not wasting too much time reading the swing analysis screen in the game. Those numbers will stay up on the Ignite screen.

I'll add a couple pictures, but I need an updated one of the screen with the OnTopReplica overlays.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by JayBrd85; 04-02-2021, 12:53 AM.

Comment

I am glad you included pictures, hard to follow and envision the 5 tv setup!

Comment

• JayBrd85
            JayBrd85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha, As I was typing everything out, I kept feeling like it sounded way more complicated than need be. The biggest pain in the ass was getting reliable cables and splitters for the 25 to 50ft runs. Eventually, I'll upgrade the projector to 4K and the graphics card to a RTX 3080. All the other devices support 4K, but I think I need a better graphics card if every screen is going to be 4K.
        Working...
        X