Callaway Truvis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Callaway Truvis

Hello, I continue to be in search of a good ball for the QED. While I agree the stickers work well it's a pain.

I read on a Instagram post that someone had success with the Truvis (black/yellow). Can anyone confirm if they've had the same experience?

I've tried everything except milling. The TP pix had too many misreads on spin to be reliable. The Bridgestone is hard and doesn't spin accurately. The unicorns get far less ball speed but do spin.

Personally tested many Truvis balls, and the one for me was the clubs.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 1.59.14 PM.png
Views:	511
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	345357

Comment

Now, I am using TP5 Pix, Truvis Clubs, Unicorn, and stickers. I tend to use the Pix for the driver and use the Unicorn for the irons and wedges. I have bought many dozens of each type and try to rotate them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotkimchi View Post
        Personally tested many Truvis balls, and the one for me was the clubs.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 1.59.14 PM.png
Views:	511
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	345357
        Great to know. And you find the spin reliable? I've had success with others like the pix but too often it reads very little spin.

Comment

Unicorn balls and the stickers spin the best, followed by the truvis clubs and TP5 Pix. On full wedges i tend to get around 9500-11K with the unicorn and stickers, with Truvis and tp5 pix, I get 8500-9000.

Comment

There are a couple of older threads in here discussing this as well. The consensus was that the Uneekor is not really reading the logo balls correctly. It is giving you spin but if you watch the picture of the ball spinning you can see it’s not really doing it the correct way. You can see this by the blue and red markings trying to pick up the dots and not always getting it correctly. Maybe this has changed since those threads.

Comment

Originally posted by jhp016s View Post
              There are a couple of older threads in here discussing this as well. The consensus was that the Uneekor is not really reading the logo balls correctly. It is giving you spin but if you watch the picture of the ball spinning you can see it’s not really doing it the correct way. You can see this by the blue and red markings trying to pick up the dots and not always getting it correctly. Maybe this has changed since those threads.
              This has been my experience. It's quite frustrating that Uneekor has not offered a premium ball to date. AboutGolf simulators has a Titleist Prov1 with their markings so we know it can be done.

Garbage balls perform differently and therefore don't produce realistic data. It's like going for a fitting and hitting range balls!

Comment

• jhp016s
                jhp016s commented
                Editing a comment
                Agree. Wish they had a premium ball option. I do find the urethane unicorns perform really well compared to my IRL shots (I play prov1). Bad news is that guy is no longer importing those anymore.

How is the qed coming up with spin anyway? Measure then calculate or is it just calculating based on other data points?

Comment

• IowaCat89
                IowaCat89 commented
                Editing a comment
                The camera locks onto the dots and compares photos from a high speed camera. The amount of motion between frames lets it calculate the spin rate and spin angle.
            Working...
            X