EYE XO Accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EYE XO Accuracy

So I just read the post on the QED accuracy and am worried about my new EYE XO.

My experience so far.

Eye XO

I7 10700

Geforce 3070

Windows 10

Software was installed by the supplier Par2Pro

Room is 21 feet long and 15 feet 2 inches wide.

10 feet from hitting location to screen

Eye XO sensor mounted 3.5 feet in front of hitting location, approximately 10 feet to base of mount.

1 1000 lumen LED light mounted directly over the hitting location.

Projector mounted 16 feet from screen

The hitting mat is 10 feet X 5 feet centered 10 feet from the screen which is 14 feet wide.

We set up the system and followed the calibration instructions exactly. My wife and I (Both very avid golfers) hit over 500 balls and found the distances seem to read as quite short. I am quite certain of approximate distances especially with my 7 iron and pitching wedge. I have played about 130 rounds of golf this year so I have a pretty good feel for distances.

I normally hit my PW 130-140 yards. The sim (Driving range)shows me more around 100-110

I normally hit my 7i 160-175. The sim shows about 1 in 30 shots reaching 160 yards.

My wife is hitting two clubs extra to achieve her objective distances.

Thinking something must be wrong I used the program to re calibrate the sensor with no change found.

After this experience with the sim, we went to our course and played a round on closing day. On the actual course, despite what the sim had said, I was hitting my clubs the expected distances. The wind was calm and the temperature was about 50 degrees Fahrenheit.

I saw the idea of indoor golf syndrome, but offer this. This June I went to the local golf studio/instructor to try to get a feel for my carry verses total distances. I was hitting inside off of a mat. The distances I got were pretty much the same as my own experience of total distances with the carry distances being somewhere around 10 yards shorter than the totals so I'm not willing to buy into the indoor verses outdoor idea.

Surely there is something wrong. With the readings as they are, this will be a very expensive video game and not much use for real golf improvement or feedback.

I am going to try to set altitude as per the supplied program but am skeptical as I am at 99 feet so it's unlikely the system is set for a lower altitude.

Does anyone have any feedback about their EYE XO accuracy?

My qed seems mostly accurate. I think it reads a bit short for pitch shots and is a few yards short of real life. In E6 software their algorithm seems more generous with distance and it seems more like my real life numbers. I have my altitude set to real location (2500 ft). In e6 shots under 100 yards still seems to be a hair short.

My numbers are close enough I assumed the qed was absolutely accurate, but I've been custom fit at club champion using trackman, had some lessons on gc4 and both those systems show at least 5mph more ball speed than my qed shows on equivalent hits.

On qed I have to swing out of my shoes with perfect contact to get to 160 mph ball speed out of driver with normal (but good) drives being low 150s.

On gc4 and trackman my normal drives were 157-160. A few I intentionally went after and actually connected with were 164.

6 iron (31 degrees loft) on uneekor are 120-123 when hit well. Trackman and gc4 128-131 consistently.

It's not a big enough difference for me to change. Left and right misses are excellent. I find the data is still plenty useful to help me improve. May be something in my setup, but I've recalibrated several times. May eventually get a gc3, but I really like the system and it's been so reliable.

Comment

How are you guys changing altitude? Is there an text file for settings?

Comment

Originally posted by preludesam View Post
        How are you guys changing altitude? Is there an text file for settings?
        Uneekor sent me a small file to modify the altitude setting.

Comment

I find 10-20% distance loss which is annoying. I need to find someone with another launch monitor to compare in my garage. I’ve adjusted for all this and play just fine, but would be nice to have things in line and altitude only works for Uneekor software and not for TGC2019…

Comment

Originally posted by Treyc321 View Post
            I find 10-20% distance loss which is annoying. I need to find someone with another launch monitor to compare in my garage. I’ve adjusted for all this and play just fine, but would be nice to have things in line and altitude only works for Uneekor software and not for TGC2019…
            I have changed the altitude to 3000 feet and the distances now seem fine. What's really weird is that the two anomalies that I had (PW, 9I) are now gone. There was no difference in distance before with AW, PW and 9I and now they're back to their normal gaps. Very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Questor View Post

I have changed the altitude to 3000 feet and the distances now seem fine. What's really weird is that the two anomalies that I had (PW, 9I) are now gone. There was no difference in distance before with AW, PW and 9I and now they're back to their normal gaps. Very strange.
              Do you actually live at 3000 feet or you just had to make that adjustment to get the distances correct? If you don't live at 3000, what stinks about this solution is that if you play TGC 2019 as your sim game, the altitude difference does not carry through to that game and all your shots there will be short. However, if you actually live at 3,000, then nothing you can do about this other than imagine you're playing at sea level

Comment

Originally posted by myrison View Post
                You should not have to artificially set altitude to do a 2-club adjustment in distances. If you do, something is wrong (though we don't know what's wrong yet). I've played on an EyeXO as well (I have the QED), and with altitude set to my actual altitude, the distances are right on. Fudging the altitude is not the permanent solution, so I'd keep troubleshooting.
                Well I don't know what else to do. I have messaged the Uneekor folks and all I get are very short and very unconcerned responses. Certainly they have not offered to help tweek anything. Their first response was to set the altitude. Their second was apply stickers.

Comment

Originally posted by Questor View Post

Well I don't know what else to do. I have messaged the Uneekor folks and all I get are very short and very unconcerned responses. Certainly they have not offered to help tweek anything. Their first response was to set the altitude. Their second was apply stickers.
                  You must be more patient than I am :-). When I had this problem I persistently got them on the phone and when they couldn’t fix it after two 30m sessions they offered to send a new one. If it’s bothering you, I’d push a bit harder. I suspect they will try to make it right. For this kind of money I think we should all expect accuracy and also great customer service.

if it’s not bothering you that much then I understand not pushing as it is a pain to keep having to chase someone, but if it is, I suspect you can get them to offer more help than you’ve gotten thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by myrison View Post

You must be more patient than I am :-). When I had this problem I persistently got them on the phone and when they couldn’t fix it after two 30m sessions they offered to send a new one. If it’s bothering you, I’d push a bit harder. I suspect they will try to make it right. For this kind of money I think we should all expect accuracy and also great customer service.

if it’s not bothering you that much then I understand not pushing as it is a pain to keep having to chase someone, but if it is, I suspect you can get them to offer more help than you’ve gotten thus far.
                    Well I may do this, but I've read that others had to do the same thing (Fudge the altitude) to get anything near correct distances.

Comment

I find the uneekor driving range to be a bit short but everything seems normal in TGC.

Only shot I find extremely short are high 40-80 yard shots. I am currently blaming the new fiber built mat for the distance loss though.

Comment

I do think the Fiberbuilt mat is a contributing cause, particularly with shots that are the least bit fat. I replaced my hitting strip with the Holy Grail, and that helped. But I still have to crank altitude way up to get accurate readings from my EYE XO.

Comment

would anyone be so kind and post a link to that altitude file or pm me? thanks!

Comment

That file was sent to me by Uneekor.

Comment

So here's the end of the accuracy story.

I set my altitude to 3000 feet. This seemed to give me fairly accurate readings.

I went to see my golf instructor and hit balls on his system (Top of the line Flightscope) the distances very nicely compared to what I am seeing at home.

I did a tech support session with Uneekor (They accessed my system remotely). They went through all the settings and setup and found everything was as it should be.

I have to conclude that as it is set my system is now fairly accurate (As compared to a very expensive, and I'm sure quite accurate, system) I'll leave my altitude set to the 3000 and see if everything translates when winter ends and I can go to a driving range.

Comment

I am also having the same problem with my clubs accuracy. contacted support desk on two separate accusations. the first time I was also told to use the Altitude adjustments to get my clubs dial-in. work for some irons but not the rest of my clubs. Note --currently live in Virginia I am about 59 ft. above sea level. the second UNEEKOR tech Support we conducted 20 swing club analysis with my 8 Iron with the Tech support REP he sent to Developers to analysis. This Thursday 27 Jan 2022 will be two week waiting on developers to determine the cause of the Clubs accuracy.

I have also done my own test. using swing power meter to establish club head speed. What I notices between EYE XO View and my swing power meter its a 10 MPH difference. for example my 5 Iron club head speed is 82MPH and EYE XO View 72MPH at 130 yards total distances. I Normally hit my 5Iron 165-170 something is really wrong. I truly hope UNEEKOR could resolve this-- NOT GOOD. spent a lot of cash and still not able to MAP my Bag or play a round of golf.

Note : I up-graded from PRO Tee might have to revert back to Pro Tee.

R/Mike

Comment

• malmodovar2
                                  malmodovar2 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Update on Developer analyses - UNEEKOR TECH told me that the developer stated theirs not wrong with the sensor unit. they will be working on Altitude adjustment for me. i have adjusted all the way up to 12000 ft above see level and still was not getting club accuracy. At this point I am planning on returning EYE XO and revert back to PRO Tee which i was getting accurate club yardage.
                              Working...
                              X