EYEXO Sensor not coming on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EYEXO Sensor not coming on

I have a New Eye XO that has been working flawlessly for about 1.5 months. tonight I can not get the sensor or lights to satay on. It does the normal start sequence where you get the red light flashing for a second and then just goes off and will not come back on. I am running View and it says ready but nothing. has any one experienced this or have any guidance.

Sorry if I'm suggesting the very obvious, but when things go wrong with mine, I reboot computer and unplug the sensor. It's always come back after that. The other thing I'd try would be to check both ends of the data cable for firm connection to the sensor and computer. Beyond that, I think you're looking at a support case.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, as I have felt so good about this machine to say the least it was very hard for me to believe it had failed. I went back through the set up PDF and noticed when it talked about connecting the network (data) cable the sensor would activate so to say. It then said run the 'EyeXo Check' file on the USB stick. I went back and ran that and nothing so as you said it was the network cable. I swapped cables around and my network cable worked so it wasn't the pc port. Since I keep the PC in the server room I had all the tools and stuff there so I just cut the end off and crimped a new RJ45 connector on it. I heard the sensor bing from around the corner . What a relief from a sound I find annoying and necessary. I just hit my 58th day I think with the EYEXO and its hardly even been turned off.

myrison thank you for the response.

Hope this helps anyone else who might search if there sensor light does not stay on after power up. It must communicate with the Software.

Comment

• bubbtubbs
        bubbtubbs commented
        Editing a comment
        The QC on the newer RJ45 connectors is dubious. I had a bag where two hadn't worked. Unusual for me to mess up on both ends of a cable so I checked the tips and they were both missing a wire on the first terminal. Only two connectors in the bag of 10 didn't have the defect.

I got a brand new bag on exchange the next time I was in to the supplier but would have been very annoying if I were out of town and needed more than two functional crimp-ends.

Nice! As it so happens this is the second network issue in the last couple of weeks so I figured it was a safe guess. Awesome you’re back up and running !!

Comment

Working...
      X