Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoney Creek Golf Course (ProTee) 6,292 yards

Hello all TGC players,

You are invited to play my first ever course, Stoney Creek Golf Course. I'm really happy with how this one has turned out so I've had the confidence to publish it and post here about it.

I would appreciate you taking the time to play this course and, if you like, providing me with some feedback.

Cheers!

Gary

Is this based on a real course?

Comment

Originally posted by petroche View Post
      Is this based on a real course?
      No. It is a fictional course.
      Last edited by Hooli; 11-10-2018, 06:18 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Looking forward to playing it. In a couple of weeks.

Comment

I skimmed it conceding holes because it was late. Just up to hole 6 or so. Definitely favorited will def be playing. Love the color scheme and the layout ideas. Water looks great in form & function
          This is really preliminary but one concern is that at quick glance fairways are seemed a bit too narrow for players above 10hcp IRL. Which is most golfers. Me and one of my buddies would be ok, mean I'm around an 8 or 9 and can manage myself. This is a general sim course complaint I'd have many of even highest rated Protee courses.

But just hosting some guys over last night, and golf be golf, you wouldn't be able to really luxuriate in some some wide fairways even if you are a better player, and for the higher handicapper it's going to bog down play as they miss & get into trouble.

Just as far as Fairway size and I guess it's a little bit of preference but I think it's more fun golf usually. Powderfinger is a great course and gets away with some narrow Fairways but I think Arcadia Bluffs has Lush wide Fairways strategic carries and obstacles and plays better for most.

anyways I'm not saying you need to I have some massive Fairways for this course maybe just a pinch Widening

Comment

• Hooli
            Hooli commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a really fiar comment. I really struggled with how wide should they be. I probably made more fairway width measurements than anything else when building this course.

I have a couple of buddies coming over tgis weekend, so I'll keep your comment in mind.

Cheers!

I'll play it and have a follow up

Comment

you had me intrigued, there is a course by me named stoney creek, its a metro park course..

ill have to try this one..

jim

Comment

• Hooli
              Hooli commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll give it a play this week!

I live in Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada. Just across the border from Michigan.
              Last edited by Hooli; 12-11-2018, 10:05 PM. Reason: Additional text.

• aja
              aja commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe, across from New York!

• Hooli
              Hooli commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah... I got my geography a little mixed up there. I recently moved from London and still think it's Michigan across the border...

Small world! I grew up in Stoney Creek!

Comment

Working...
            X