Mississaugua G&CC mthunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mississaugua G&CC mthunt

Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is located west of Toronto in Canada. It's a storied course that is over 100 years old and has hosted 6 Canadian Opens with winners such as Sam Snead and Walter Hagen.

It is a par 71 7190 yard course. It has 3 sets of pins and 5 tees for those that love multiple tees. It's published in TGC 2019 in anticipation of the new version coming out. There's lots of upgrades.

I hope you like it.

mthunt
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Awesome job. Always enjoyed playing it in TGC.

Comment

Pictures look great! About to start getting back at my golf game again here after having back issues this past year, look forward to giving this a go in tgc19 for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironstrokes View Post
        Pictures look great! About to start getting back at my golf game again here after having back issues this past year, look forward to giving this a go in tgc19 for sure!
        I'm struggling with my back. Any advice. That simulator sitting in my basement came at the same time I became non playable. Cruel cruel , 1st world problem.

Comment

• mthunt
          mthunt commented
          Editing a comment
          There’s a book called good golf for bad backs. Maybe?

• Hooli
          Hooli commented
          Editing a comment
          Depends on what the problem is - hard to offer any worthwhile advice (I am a doctor, but this is the internet so I could be lying), but an RMT is a great place to start and work from there. Proper physio will help, but might be too advanced to start depending on what the problem is.

Also, the golf swing is one of the most complex, dynamic, and difficult sports movements. I always find it interesting that golf is the sport that 'retired' people play - it should be a young persons game... Not that I'll stop playing...

Originally posted by 72solstice View Post

I'm struggling with my back. Any advice. That simulator sitting in my basement came at the same time I became non playable. Cruel cruel , 1st world problem.
        Haha I hear you, the amount i used my simulator before is what caused most of my back issues in the first place.

Don't want to jack this thread with back talk too much, but we are gonna have to wait a little bit until we get to try mthunt's nice looking design here until tgc19 release anyway. So quickly ill say I tried a ton of stuff to fix my right side facet joint pain this last year, and honestly what's been aiding my recovery the most lately is I bought a 100 dollar inversion table on Amazon like a month or so ago. Got one of the cheaper ones to try before I bought a more expensive one if it worked, but just ended up keeping this one after I put it together. Using that each night has been great. Also using it for 5 or 10 minutes right before I go out to golf and after I'm done seems to work nicely. Still a bit sore the next day and the back isnt perfect yet for sure, but much better than before and let's me golf at least.

Something to try maybe if you haven't already, can always return it on Amazon.

Comment

• FaultyClubs
          FaultyClubs commented
          Editing a comment
          Hanging upside down can cause serious problems including death depending what medical conditions you may have...so make sure you're safe to use an inversion device before you try it.

Originally posted by FaultyClubs View Post
        Hanging upside down can cause serious problems including death depending what medical conditions you may have...so make sure you're safe to use an inversion device before you try it.
        I only do it at the 30 degree incline level 99% of the time or at most 45 degrees. Should have mentioned that before, my mistake. Tried the full inversion for a minute the one day and it gave me a headache right away and didnt feel any better for my back than the lower incline level, so not messing with that steep setting anymore. The lower incline levels dont seem to bother me at all in the least. But like he said, always best to be safe and check. Personally I am clear medically other than my facet pain so not too worried about it myself.
        Last edited by Ironstrokes; 01-06-2019, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll prob grab that book, mthunt , the swing was def part of the problem. Also ive eyed those Amazon inversion tables, I'll keep it to 30 degrees

Comment

I've dealt with back pain (bulging discs, nerve pain) for quite a while. Some of it was golf but a lot was that I'm sitting at a desk all day writing software.

I've done a few things that dramatically improved my back.

1. Switched to a standing desk and nice gel mat underfoot.
            2. Started going monthly to get IDD treatment (and chiro). IDD is a safer, arguably more effective method than the inversion table. They strap you down and a machine stretches out your spine via micro adjustments.
            3. Bought a sleep number bed. They have a zero g position that reduces pressure on your back
            4. Yoga

Comment

I’ve back issues since I played high school football. I also fell off of the roof of my house and broke my back in two places. My first tournament round back was on a cold windy day with a back brace on and the only time i’ve Shot 100 since i was a kid follow by a WD for round 2. Lol

I rebuilt it with core and yoga. I’m not a doctor or anything but that’s what works for me.
              My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt
              Burlington G&CC by mthunt
              Weston G&CC by mthunt
              London Hunt Club L mthunt
              Park CC Lidar mthunt
              Sunningdale GC Robinson L
              Sunningdale GC Thompson L
              Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
              Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
              The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
              The National GC L mthunt
              Mississaugua GC L mthunt
              Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
              Markland Woods CC mthunt
              Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
              Magna GC L mthunt
              Barrie CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range

Comment

Ouch man, my back just cringed from even reading that there haha. Can just imagine you back saying 'what the hell do you think you're doing' midway through that round haha. I've been hearing yoga a bunch lately, tried it for a week or so at one point and my back just felt the same the next day each time, may have to give it another go.

Didn't even know IDD treatment was a thing, had to just look it up, that looks like something I'm definitely gonna give a go. And new mattress really has got to be my next move and have been researching which ones would be best for this problem. They all seems to be quite expensive but at least they all seem to have the 30-90 money back guarantees.

Comment

• mthunt
                  mthunt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’ve done the IDD treatment. It’s similar to inversion.

Right on it looks good can't wait to try it out

Comment

Working...
                X