Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @simmb (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 FALL TOUR - The CJ Cup at Shadow Creek !

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 FALL TOUR - ZOZO Championship at Sherwood with 2 rounds at Tobacco Dunes Golf Club ProTee: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ip-at-sherwood
See more
See less

Holden's Golf Sim Build (Garage) + Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holden's Golf Sim Build (Garage) + Questions

Holden's Golf Sim Build (Garage) + Questions

First of all thanks to the wealth of knowledge on these forums, I have gone thru and read countless questions and problems solved.
    I'm a pretty young golfer with a 20-25 handicap and this will be my first sim build. Im probably going to go with a ST(Skytrak) System to start with because up here in Canada there is rarely any stock and I can get my hands on one in about a month.

I'm going to be utilizing my 2nd empty garage space. Im lucky to have a very tall 12-13' garage but I build a Mezzanine to store some of my young kids junk etc. So I have full range to swing but am planning to put the hitting matt(screen) below. This leaves me with about 8' wide and either 7-8' tall. (Think I may take off the tracks for where the garage could open up into to give me ever more room/width so the tracks wont interfere.

From where I will be swinging from I could have anywhere from 8-12'feet. I don't want to stand too far back in case I get under some balls and pop em up too high.
    My first thoughts to start today were to put in a quick and simple dricore sub-floor on the part of the garage I would be swinging from, both for accuracy for the ST and also for myself to feel like I have a good "range" ball lie. Not sure how important this is or not, or just buy a nice 6'x5 Matt to hit off of. So my thoughts were to build about 8feet wide by about 12-14 wide long if I went with dry-core first.

I'm going to budget about 5,000 Canadian dollars, roughly 3700US.

Budget ($5,000)----- ($ 1350 Remaining)

Subfloor $150 (If I head this way)

ST $2800 (Anyone Near TORONTO selling?? =D PM me)

Hitting Screen -Carl's Screen Maybe? 7.7Hx10W ($600)

https://www.carlofet.com/shop/golf-s...rd+Golf+Impact

Projector - Not really understanding it all, I think I want 4:3 Aspect, which is cheapest?

Hitting Mat -

Various netting/sheets -

Laptop/PC - Already own a high end gaming pc

Pics Below, Any thoughts or more info would be greatly appreciated.

Empty Garage (Sort of) Pre build)

Working...
X