Sim basement buildout suggestions/recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sim basement buildout suggestions/recommendations

Hi all. I am in the process of getting things together for a basement build. The size of the area is roughly 22ft deep, 15ft wide, 10ft high. I was looking at the uneekor eye XO ceiling mounted sim, thoughts? I was planning on buying a computer and projector, any recommendations on each? Was planning buying a screen from Carls Golf land, then was thinking of hanging black curtains on the sides, any other alternative suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The part that I need the most help with is the floor. I want the floor to be all 1 level, for putting purposes even thought I know the putting may not be very accurate. I was thinking of carpeting the whole area and then cutting out an area for where the mat can go (country club mat). Was thinking of putting down rubber tiling, followed by carpet padding (whatever thickness would bring me just below the mat) and then the carpet, trying to get it as flush with the mat as possible. Is this the way to do it? I have attached a photo of what I was hoping to achieve for the flooring. Any tips/recommendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated for not only the flooring, but the whole process. Thank you all for your input

I recently did a garage build. I went with 1" balanceform exercise mat puzzle tiles from Amazon for the floor covered by grass carpet from HD. This height is the exact same as a Quattro Mat. The CCE mat I had was slightly higher, but still allowed a nice roll. I have a GC2 and mostly play TGC2019 using moderate speed for greens. Putting was weird at first, but eventually I got a more analytical/mental approach to distance rather than just feel. Now I'd say the first 10 feet of putt (until it hits screen) is smooth and direction aligns with TGC2019 response.

Comment

Sounds like you are well on your way with ideas and a plan. I did the exact thing you are mentioning on the floor. I built a floating "sub" floor and kept a space for my CCE mat. I had carpet installed and then set up my CCE mat in the opening. I had to use different tiles and OSB sub floor under the CCE to get the height perfect. The sub floor, I used green treated 2x4 and laid them on the long side and put OSB over that. Between the spaces in the floor, I used insulation sound board to help with the noise. Not sure if this helped any, but I thought any little thing could help. I also added a slight ramp at the screen to allow the ball to roll back. Some people will say this is a NO NO, but I haven't had any issues. The ball rolls right back to the hitting mat every time, Where the ball will land after hitting the screen, I added a piece of neoprene rubber to help deaden the ball and also eliminate the Thud sound of the ball hitting the floor.
      Attached Files

Comment

• azbball11
        azbball11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Some people on here have tried it and went away from the ramp as it caused some crazy spin on low topped shots that hit the ramp and spin up to the screen and back at the golfer. I have never had this happen at any point in my sim so not sure what type/style ramp others were using. My ramp is gradual but the rise is about 6". I think those with ramps and are having good results outnumber those that have tried and removed them. From my experience, the ramp is one of the better upgrades I did in my sim room. Love that the ball rolls right back to me on drives, chips, and putts. Only need to keep track of one ball.

• Treyc321
        Treyc321 commented
        Editing a comment
        azbball11 1. Always love the look of your build and going to add a ramp to mine when I do it 2. Are you in AZ?

• azbball11
        azbball11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Treyc321 - plenty of kudos to this forum for getting my SIM to where it is. I am in bitterly cold Wisconsin, wishing I was in AZ!
    Working...
    X