• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage simulator build

Here is my garage sim build out.

Mevo+ & TGC 2019

10' Wide x 12' Tall impact screen

Fun project and getting a silly amount of use. Nebraska in the winter mean almost no golf, so I have groups of guys coming over Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays.

Click image for larger version  Name:	sim5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	245.1 KB ID:	355841Click image for larger version  Name:	sim2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	256.8 KB ID:	355842Click image for larger version  Name:	sim1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	217.7 KB ID:	355843Click image for larger version  Name:	sim3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	240.2 KB ID:	355844

Looks awesome! Very professional look to everything! Enjoy the sim
    TGC 2019 Published Courses:
    • Sanctuary Lake MI (L)
    • Pine Trace MI (L)
    • Deyer National Golf Club
    • Deyer Island Golf Resort
    • Sylvan Glen MI (L)

Comment

Great looking build!

Comment

Nice setup. How are you getting two different images to display on your impact screen?

Comment

2 projectors. 1 for the sim on the bottom, top is DirecTV or the Kinovea computer showing down the line and face on slo-mo.

Comment

Great build, I can only dream of that in my garage. Is that Larry Bird in the background

Comment

Must be a Celtic fan.

Comment

Love it. Nice work.

Comment

jon2s - damn that's awesome! Love the space and the barn wood throughout, really nice. I wish I had that kind of space (what are the dimensions of the whole space?), AND foursomes coming 4 days/week, would be right up my alley. I'm planning on getting my buddies over and see if I can get them hooked to play more than 1 time/week... but I'll be out there probably every night in my sim.

Comment

Where in Nebraska?

Comment

I'm located in Lincoln Nebraska. It's a fun setup. I only had 12' width (central beam and posts), but have 24' of length. I removed the floor from the 2nd story for that side so I have 12' height at the side wall and 18' at the peak. So it made sense to me to utilize that height and add a 2nd projector. Watching 4 streams of the Masters while playing Augusta is amazing.

Now it's time to figure out how to fund the next round of improvements.

Comment

Perfect . . . couldn't be better!

Comment

Great looking room. You’ll enjoy it.
                          My Courses:
                          World Par 3's by mthunt
                          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                          Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                          Weston G&CC by mthunt
                          London Hunt Club L mthunt
                          Park CC Lidar mthunt
                          Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                          Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                          Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                          Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                          The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                          The National GC L mthunt
                          Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                          Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                          Markland Woods CC mthunt
                          Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                          Magna GC L mthunt
                          Barrie CC L mthunt
                          mthunt Range

Comment

Love your sim hangout. Question on the white fabric ceiling baffles - can you share close up pictures on exactly how you did those and how are they working. This is exactly what I'm looking to do and have spend way too many hours searching on how to do these. Going with heavy velvet curtains for side on my 14x9 screen. Will be 10 foot from screen - like yours and will have curtains for 8 ft and how far are your ceiling baffles and how do you do them? NEED HELP WITH BAFFLES - I'M BAFFLED

Comment

The ceiling baffle is just the photo background fabric from amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z91LGX5/

Just added some grommets and have it bungied at the sides and down the center. I have several feet above it, and it is 12' off the ground, so really only lobs hit it. Holding up great and not losing balls in the ceiling anymore.

Comment

• Brettster
                                Brettster commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Interesting jon2s - that's the same fabric I bought for a front layer screen protector. So, it also works great as a ball stop too - my only problem with that is I'm pretty sure mine has to be black - as I have cameras pointed up high that have to read a white ball moving through. I like how it's mounted though, how many baffles are you making there?

• jon2s
                                jon2s commented
                                Editing a comment
                                It is the 12x16 screen and I have 4 baffles over a little more than 8', so there is a lot of play in it. I did have to add a center rail mounted higher with some long bungie balls to hold it. It works really well and was a great low cost option.

• cmatt
                                cmatt commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Brettster - you use the backdrop material as a protective layer for the impact screen? How do you find that works for video quality and actual protection of the screen? I have been considering a protective sacrificial layer for my set-up but have not done it yet. Have you had to replace that protective layer yet?
                            Working...
                            X