Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions !

Join this weeks TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - Mayakoba Golf Classic with 2 rounds at TPC Stadium Scottsdale ProTee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...a-golf-classic
See more
See less

New DIY'er From MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DIY'er From MN

Hello all, Lookk g forward to utilizing this forum on helping me build my Simulator room.

I am building a "permanent" install in my garage. Currently I am in process of drywall/taping and planning.

Is there a writeup on how to plan the area properly? I am using a GC2 and that's about all I have figured out.

I'll let the veterans of this website who have more experience give a better answer. But I'm just nearing the completion of my first ever build (also in the garage) and here's what I would've done differently if I were to do it again:

-- Figure out your screen size first and then plan and build off of that. I made the mistake of getting started with the build while not putting enough consideration into the size of the screen. So I had to take a few steps backward with the build once it came time to buy a screen. If I had to do it again, I would decide on a screen size first and then go from there.

-- Figure out where you plan to have the ball when hitting and then mark it with a piece of tape on the floor. Use that spot as sort of a cornerstone for the rest of the build. Make sure you can freely swing driver from that spot.

-- Related to that, figure out what you're going to do as far as a projector is concerned. Decide if you're going to do a ceiling mount or a floor mount and make sure you'll be able to fill your screen from the distance you have to work with and where the projector will be able to sit.

-- Decide if it will be strictly a golf sim room or will double as a movie or sports watching room / man cave room. Mine began as just a golf sim but about halfway through I decided I would have it double as a sports watching hangout room so that caused me to shift some plans around.

I think identifying your screen location and size, hitting location and projector location are 3 important reference points to settle on before you really start getting your hands dirty.

Comment

Size is the big thing. 12 feet by 17 minimum and 17 x 23 ideal with 10 foot ceilings. The rest is gravy. Read what is here.

Comment

Thanks for the insight, I'll get started with finding the screen size asap.

Comment

Have you started yet? I just finished mine and went with the uneekor simulator. I also used a 10x10 screen maybe should have went a bit bigger. It works great though and spent about 600 dollars more than I needed to on hitting mats but other than that everything came together great. I tried to upload photos but It is saying the file size is too big and I am not that computer savy....

Comment

Working...
          X