Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTERTOUR - The Genesis Open playing 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Green) - 6836y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-genesis-open
See more
See less

Greetings from Malaysia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronaldpang
    replied
    Originally posted by sirish19 View Post
    I am less concerned about the length as I would be the width. In the area you would need to stand to take a swing, it looks like you may have a doorway sticking out a bit so you might not be able to take the club around (especially with the longer clubs) on the backswing and follow-through. In that case, you might start adjusting your swing to be very up-right and that might affect your normal golf swing.
    Ahhh i see. I did try swinging a driver couple of weeks ago when i was still contemplating on the optishot, and it seem ok..... but maybe i should try out a simulative swing again tonight.

Leave a comment:

• sirish19
    replied
    I am less concerned about the length as I would be the width. In the area you would need to stand to take a swing, it looks like you may have a doorway sticking out a bit so you might not be able to take the club around (especially with the longer clubs) on the backswing and follow-through. In that case, you might start adjusting your swing to be very up-right and that might affect your normal golf swing.

Leave a comment:

• Ronaldpang
    replied
    Originally posted by sirish19 View Post
    looking at your space, I would be a little concerned about your backswing and whether you could take a full swing. You'll want to be careful about having a more compact swing (indoor swing) negatively impacting your outdoor swing. Since I am a lefty, I can take a full swing with my driver without worrying about hitting the balcony.
    the length of my balcony is about 20 ft and i will be setting up my tee mat around 8ft from the impact screen. With my stance of 2 ft and including driver length, i should have at least clearance of another 6 ft to the back. But i will definitely need to sacrifice my current outdoor furnitures. The missus is not gonna be too happy with the sacrificial furnitures.

Leave a comment:

• sirish19
    replied
    looking at your space, I would be a little concerned about your backswing and whether you could take a full swing. You'll want to be careful about having a more compact swing (indoor swing) negatively impacting your outdoor swing. Since I am a lefty, I can take a full swing with my driver without worrying about hitting the balcony.

Leave a comment:

• Ronaldpang
    replied
    Hi guys,
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Now that i have seen similar set ups, i'm more at ease now being set up on a balcony.
    Starting off with the Optishot now, i may upgrade to a Skytrak if the set up is all good.

Leave a comment:

• SirShankAlot
    replied
    You could do a 10x10x10 enclosure similar to what I did in my backyard. Here is my setup:

https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...335#post312335

My side nets are 9x10 (HxL) and I hit from 4'-5' outside the enclosure. Total dimensions are similar to yours at 23x11 with no height restraint other than the enclosure. I really like the setup outdoors, I hit real balls and almostgolf ones with no stray shots to the neighbors (even with high lofts). I plan on extending the length by a foot and building a platform with 2x6's and plywood so that I can use 6" putting cups. That will also allow me to build a very short fence around to keep my dog out (he's claimed my swing chamber as his personal toilet ).

The one thing that may disturb your neighbors is hitting into a impact screen or target. I took down my impact target after a while because I felt the sound was a bit loud. I replaced it with a strip from top-to-bottom behind the hitting nets so I have a target line. I didn't get any complaints but my area is really quiet and I like to be courteous to my neighbors. When I add an impact screen I plan on getting Carl's Premium for the padding in-between and it should be quieter than my impact target panel.

Leave a comment:

• sirish19
    replied
    Originally posted by 3on3putt View Post

I want to say that was sirish19

You can use foam balls with Optishot (or no balls at all). So that's obviously one solution if you're worried about hitting any neighbors windows or anything.
    Yep, that was me. Thanks for remembering. Here is the thread.

https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...tor-build-mevo

I have a SkyTrak setup with the Net Return. I tried some of the almost golf balls but it just didn't feel right. They were alright for my son who was just learning and shanking like crazy, haha.

Leave a comment:

• 3on3putt
    replied
    Originally posted by Dax View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

There was someone on here from Japan last year that I believe posted some pics of his balcony set up. Might want to search for outdoor set ups and see what you can find.
    I want to say that was sirish19

You can use foam balls with Optishot (or no balls at all). So that's obviously one solution if you're worried about hitting any neighbors windows or anything.

Leave a comment:

• Dax
    replied
    Welcome to the forum!

There was someone on here from Japan last year that I believe posted some pics of his balcony set up. Might want to search for outdoor set ups and see what you can find.

Leave a comment:

• Ronaldpang
    started a topic Greetings from Malaysia

Greetings from Malaysia

I have been ghosting in this forum for a while now, with the thought of building a sim room but never got around it.
    But due to COVID lockdown in Malaysia, i took the plunge with the Optishot2.
    The simulator has arrived but my enclosure is still pending.
    I'm not sure if any of you has ever attempted to build an enclosure in a balcony of a townhouse, but this is exactly what i'm trying to achieve.
    The balcony dimension is 20ft (L) by 11ft (W) by 11ft (H).
    I'm just worried about the fabric/net for the side panels, any wild shots will end up going to the neighbours.
    Any advise i can get here will be good.
    Good to be here!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mmexport1613728132580.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	319750Click image for larger version

Name:	mmexport1613729198832.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	319751
    Attached Files