Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GSA golf releases Vistrak (Alpha testing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSA golf releases Vistrak (Alpha testing)

My initial plan was to wait until my unit arrives next week. But honestly, I can't stand it any longer.

GSA has released a brand golf sim call Vistrak. Pricing from $995 to $2795. $995 is for current GSA users looking to upgrade. For new users, the price is $1495. Vistrak measures club speed, club face angle, club path, deviation from sweet spot (horizontal). Ball data includes spin, spin axis, ball speed, HA, LA. Vistrak does all this with one camera. Please note that LA will not be as accurate as GSA’s multi camera systems. While this may be acceptable for many, those of us who want better accuracy can add a floor mounted Vcam for $690.

$2795 will get you a nice case with integrated IR lighting along with a Vcam. As volumes increase, the cased version should go down in price.

Vistrak is not your usual GSA product. Vistrak doesn’t require a triggering system for the camera. It does not require a sensor mat for club data. The camera has an AOI (Area of Interest) and will trigger once the ball is struck, similar to the GC2 or Uneekor. User defined hitting area is massive. As large as 30x12 inches can be used. Please note that marked balls or balls with a clear black logo need to be used for spin measurement. The logo will need to be facing the camera. This is a small price to pay to be able to use premium balls. Currently clubs need to be marked but GSA is working on a solution for that.

Vistrak can get clear images for spin measurement without the need for an annoying and expensive IR flash. Vistrak can measure ball speed from 2mph up to 200 mph. HA should be within normal GSA tolerances of less than +/- ½ degree. LA tolerances will be tested with and without the optional Vcam. Please note that Vistrak can be added to any GSA sim.

And…. Vistrak will give club data to any sim. This will be tested during Alpha and Beta testing

My Alpha testing unit will be shipped on Monday. Beta testing will be open to the public once Alpha testing is complete. Beta units will sell for $750. Beta testing quantities will be limited ( probably less than 10) so act quickly. Production will be limited at first so don’t expect the unit to ship the next day. More information can be found on the website https://www.golf-simulators.com/vistrak.html

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	52.3 KB ID:	208489
    Contact GSA or me for ETA’s. Martin from GSA will not be monitoring the forum for questions. All questions about Vistrak can be directed to me. Some of you might remember a buzz about Vistrak a few years back. Since then camera tech has improved and come down in price. Originally a two camera version was going to be released. But as testing continued it was discovered that a single camera can provide the data required. Videos and reviews will follow once I am up and running. Only 2 Alpha units will be out there so we expect Alpha testing to last at least a month. Integration with 3rd party software will be immediate.
    Last edited by keither5150; 06-02-2019, 04:07 AM.

Thanks keither5150 for the info! Will be keeping a very intrigued set of eyes on this development. Is there a limit on beta participants?

Comment

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure at this time. We will gauge the interest when we are getting close. Interest is higher than expected. We won't be making this decision until we are close to releasing the Beta units.

I hope we can still expect a fair and impartial review out of ya

Comment

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL, I will have videos with plenty of shots for people to dissect every little detail. I am planning to record videos with putting, chipping, pitches, short and long irons, along with drives. Martin likes to have his data in the control panel act as proof of the sim's accuracy. For instance, in the current control panel, you can see his markers that pick up the club face or ball. I am hoping to cover all the bases with these videos. I will also have side by side videos with a GC2. I have done 2 or 3 putting videos in the past ( when I wasn't on the payroll). I will try to keep my feelings out of the videos better than I did back then. Proof of accuracy is what people want. I will be measuring ball marks on the screen to confirm LA and HA. Speed and spin will be confirmed with the side by side from the GC2. The only thing that Vistrak will do better than the GC2 will be HA. And the difference will be small. Hopefully Vistrak does all other things equally as well as the GC2. And you know what, maybe the spin is only 90% as accurate as the GC2.... if so, the videos will show it. What I am really interested in, is the LA measured from a single overhead camera. That will be one of my first tests.... cause I just gotta know. I will be keeping one of my cameras as a vcam anyway. But this could mean a lot to people on a budget. You can be assured that I will not be high 5 ing myself without the video to back it up.

• Jwheels9876
      Jwheels9876 commented
      Editing a comment
      sounds great! even if a VLA camera is needed it would still be a heck of a deal if the data is accurate. Next week will be a busy week for you for sure

Well, looks like I'll be in no rush to pick up a beta unit...

Estimated VisTrak release dates

VisTrak release 1 July 1 2019

Basic video swing playback for use with other tracking systems like - SkyTrak, OptiShot, GC2, GCQuad, GC Hawk, Trackman etc...

VisTrak release 2 July 15 2019

as above plus ball speed and ball path detection plus estimated ball launch angle, club data and ball spin data

for use as a basic golf simulator tracking system with TGC, E6, RedChain etc game software.

VisTrak release 3 August 1 2019

as above plus vertical launch detection

VisTrak release 4 September 1 2019

as above plus club tracking

VisTrak release 5 November 1 2019

as above plus ball spin detection.

Note that all VisTrak software updates are free of charge.

Comment

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      I will have to clarify what this means. It looks like the updates will trickle out. As far as I know, he has written all of the software for the above features. I will ask Martin to clarify this. I know that the coding for spin detection has been done and tested up to 10000 rpm. I will let you know once I hear back from Martin.

• Jwheels9876
      Jwheels9876 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great, thanks Keith

• Brettster
      Brettster commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, Keith, please let us know what you find out from Martin on the releases? I guess it means that we will be waiting until at least November 1 to have Ball Spin data - which is a pretty big one.

Hey Keith,

My basement ceilings are 13 feet.. would this be too high for the unit? Will I have to lower it a few feet to get more accuracy?

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
      JackedUpSwing commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man!

• GripItAndRipIt
      GripItAndRipIt commented
      Editing a comment
      Also jealous!!! I have 8’ ceilings and cut out joists so I could swing driver. When my lefty buddies come over they are stuck with choked down mid irons. Haha
      You sir are a lucky man with a good problem to have! Worst case scenario is you buy a mount to lower it to 10’ but I’m sure Keith and Martin will get you an answer. Martin did tell me 7’-10’ would work just fine. My next house will have at least 10’ ceilings in a room as a non negotiable!

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Closer won't be a problem. Martin did his testing at 9 feet, I believe. I will be at about 8.6 since I will be mounting mine on a slider to test different distances away from the tee. With the updated lenses, The hitting area is about 12x30 inches. This would be increase as you are further away. My hitting area will be about 11x28 or so. Nice size to have a putting area ahead of the tee.

Those dates above are absolute worst case scenario. Martin is pretty fast with the coding.

Comment

Can't make any promises. What works in the lab may not work the same in the feild. Between the 3 of us hopefully we can work out any bugs quickly. We are going to try our best to make this work with one camera. Most hard core users will want the added accuracy of the vcam. I will do thorough testing of LA accuracy, with and without the vcam.

Comment

• GripItAndRipIt
        GripItAndRipIt commented
        Editing a comment
        Fedex better make you the first stop tomorrow! I am impatiently waiting to hear your thoughts!

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I know. When I saw the delivery date move from Monday to Tuesday, I felt like Charlton Heston at the end of the planet of the Apes..... Damn it all to hell!

Hopefully it's out for delivery or even better, delivered.

Comment

Tick tock tick tock...................

Comment

Did the Fed Ex man run off with your cameras keither5150 ?

Comment

Delivered and installed. Took a little time to line it up. The hitting area is quite large. Give me some time to try different lighting and camera settings to see how I can get the best image possible. I will report more tomorrow. The video playback works pretty good. I didn't realize how many shots I hit slightly off the toe. So much needs to be done. Right now we are testing different lighting and camera settings to see how we can get the best image possible. We are also testing the ball detection and swing detection. So far it works quite well. Vistrak will have a new automatic calibration for speed adjustment. This is great because the old calibration of the stereo systems took 10-15 min. We are hoping that this feature goes live this week. I will be testing today's updates tomorrow. My kid is in bed and it's not safe to hit anymore tonight. I have a round IRL tomorrow but should be hitting on the sim by mid afternoon. So far so good.

Comment

Just did some reading says you can use with other L.M. I have a Flightscope Xi+. Will this give me an option to putt and small chips if I use it with my flightscope. I am currently using E6 Connect and was thinking of upgrading to X3 but at this price point Vistrak is more in my budget.

Comment

• keither5150
                keither5150 commented
                Editing a comment
                It looks like there will be a couple of different versions of Vistrak. One version will give other sim owners, like yourself, club data. When using this Vistrak with another system, vistrak supplies club data only on a separate screen or computer. I know what you are thinking. Many other people are thinking the same thing. Having 2 sims send data to the game on the same shot. At this time GSA has no plans to do this. Vistrak is currently Alpha testing. It will take some time before we even go to Beta testing. One thing that I can tell you is that GSA is great for putting and chipping. I have a few videos on YouTube under Keither5150. These show the old PX5 in action. Vistrak should be every bit as accurate as the PX5 with the short game. The full featured Vistrak will add ball data to the mix. All versions of Vistrak will have video playback of the swing showing contact with the ball.

Will we be able to order this unit from Europe? Very interested in this!

Comment

• keither5150
                keither5150 commented
                Editing a comment
                It will be available worldwide.

• MisterA
                MisterA commented
                Editing a comment
                The Beta unit as well?

• keither5150
                keither5150 commented
                Editing a comment
                The Beta testing has not been finalized. Once Vistrak is close to Beta release, details on Beta units will be available. If you monitor the forum or GSA's website, you will not miss it.

Originally posted by MisterA View Post
              Will we be able to order this unit from Europe? Very interested in this!
              I will also be watching this with a keen eye. Hopefully we don't get shafted on the price like we did with Uneekor.

Comment

• calebm1001
                calebm1001 commented
                Editing a comment
                What happened with Uneekor?

• simmb
                simmb commented
                Editing a comment
                That was probably a badly worded post. Wasn't specifically aimed at Uneekor but more how we get inflated prices for everything. Was excited when I saw this, base price was $6000, so about £4800. Looking at the european distribution price list I reckon I would be looking at the best part of £10000 when tax and delivery is added for the base system, so about $12,600. At that price it ain't ever going to happen for me, we normally get the dollar equivalent price so I was hoping it would come in around £6000.

Anxiously waiting for videos/updates!

Comment

Here is a Vistrak putting video and a chip. Please note that some of the data is not being mapped at this time. I have been testing the triggering system, ball detection and the video playback. The ball looks good to me. More to come. I am waiting for the automated speed calibration.... Also club data may not make sense as I choose to tape the top of my clubs. So an offset will have to be taken into account before they will show accurate. Pretty cool so far. Once Martin moves us on to the next items to test, there will be more videos.

https://youtu.be/31RiRxZPKAk

Comment

Working...
                X