And now...the Quantum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now...the Quantum!

Was Esprit, then StereoX, today it's called VisTrak Quantum. From Martin's tech news page:
    That name popped into my head this morning. Sounds pretty cool to me. Like a Quantum leap in advanced tectnology.
    Also solid information about the spin reading which will require marked balls. Fear not! The Quantum 2 won't need marked balls.

​​​​​​
    Note that - like all other camera based ceiling mounted tracking systems under $10,000 - spin dot balls are required to measure ball spin.
    We have plenty pre-printed spin dot balls in stock so you don't have to mark the balls yourself.
    Development of a second version - Quantum 2 - will start in the Fall that will be able to measure ball spin without markings on the ball.

He might have hit the wine early today.....I don't like the name. Feels like I should say drive.....directly after it. That's like calling a couch and chair store......The Sofa King.

Comment

Stereo X was much better

Comment

Well that version of the name didn't last long (about 7 hours?)...
        June 19 5:00 pm
        How about the name VisTrak StereoX - Quantum ?
        I've lived with the names StereoX and Quantum for a while now and still can't decide which is best.
        The name "Quantum" is certainty a powerful name - conjuring up thoughts of Quantum Physics, Quantum Computing and Quantum leaps in advanced technology for sure.
        So until I - or others - can decide which is best, I'll just name this new product "The VisTrak StereoX-Quantum".
        A mouthful I know, but boy does it pack a punch.

Comment

Maybe he should spend a little more time on developing his product and a little less on names. I suggest “Beta Infinity X”................😳

Comment

I like Stereo X..... less chance of me making a spelling mistake.

Comment

keither, tell Martin to stick with one name and focus. Too many changes will confuse folks, even those that are following things and experienced. I liked Stereo X.

Comment

• keither5150
                keither5150 commented
                Editing a comment
                I also like Stereo X.

And now the "Quantum Basic". An uncased (and therefore cheaper) version of the Quantum, made possible because Martin has made a fundamental change in the way the system works. For launch angle he is no longer using stereoscopic techniques, instead measuring ball size. So cameras don't need to be a fixed distance apart. Confirmation, if we needed it, that the Quantum is at a very early stage of development.

Comment

Working...
              X