Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

HD Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD Golf

Do all HD golf systems measure spin? I'm finding conflicting info on this. Reason I ask, is a friend asked me to join a sim league with him and they use the HD golf system. It's extremely unimpressive. Yardages are quite inaccurate, overly inflated. I'm comparing this to both a skytrak, which i previously owned for many years and the GC2/HMT which i use now, which matches pretty much exactly what i hit outdoors for distance and shape. Chipping and putting is terrible, especially the putting. No aiming mechanism so you have to try and figure out how much break to play and hit it side to side. Problem is the grid has no distance correlation and trying to guess how much left or right you need based on distance to the pin is tough. Then for chipping or shorter shots, you have to move quite a bit in front of the hitting mat and hit off of their grass surface. Camera views are not good and the graphics aren't great either. Just not at all impressed with the system which from what I gather is not cheap.

Yes HD golf measures both ball and club including spin and spin axis. They are expensive units. I have never been impressed with the real image graphics of their software. I agree accuracy is so so.

Comment

wbond Totally 100% agree. I played a SIM league 3 yrs on HD golf. Experienced all your issues. The picture based system may be good theoretically but IMO fails miserably for a SIM platform. CGI has surpassed this tech for now. Plus the launch monitor physics were lacking IMO for a $50,000 system. My humble skytrak plus TGC 19 for the is better for 1/5 or less. My league guys who played both agree. Glad to see your opinion to verify as I know u know your stuff. Thanks

Comment

Agree, friends also think my system is way better, more accurate and easier to use. I would take skytrak over this system any day of the week.
        Originally posted by Fhacker View Post
        wbond Totally 100% agree. I played a SIM league 3 yrs on HD golf. Experienced all your issues. The picture based system may be good theoretically but IMO fails miserably for a SIM platform. CGI has surpassed this tech for now. Plus the launch monitor physics were lacking IMO for a $50,000 system. My humble skytrak plus TGC 19 for the is better for 1/5 or less. My league guys who played both agree. Glad to see your opinion to verify as I know u know your stuff. Thanks

Comment

I have had the HD System for about 4 months and have to agree generally with the noted inaccuracies. I do however feel the distances are accurate and the putting has not been
          a problem. The graphics do not at times match what is actually going on with the flight of the ball. My only other experiences have been with TruGolf and one other sim I can't remember who made it and I remember glitches with those sims as well. Can anyone give me information on how to join a sim league. I would like to
          explore how to develop contacts with others to play as individuals and not necessarily as a league.

Comment

I am new at this forum. Is there someway to set up a discussion board just for HD Golf owners?

Comment

Working...
            X