Max Frame Rate (actual) in SwingCatalyst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Frame Rate (actual) in SwingCatalyst

Is the max frame rate in SwingCatalyst (SC) throttled to 200fps? I note that in the user materials on the SC website when they show the below frame rate window it always has 200fps, but I cannot find anything on the website that expressly states that 200fps (or 199.86fps) is SC's max tolerable frame rate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 08.32.02.png
Views:	171
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	402395

I am trying to get to >240fps.

My FLIR Blackfly S GigE cameras are rated for 291fps but no matter what changes I make to the camera settings in SwingCatalyst I cannot get the frame rate above 199.86fps. I have updated my drivers, camera firmware, Pylon and Spinnaker software, and I do not see that any of their settings are limiting my max frame rate. My hardware still exceeds the SC recommended spec.

Thanks

I don't think I can delete this post so for those interested here is the update:

I reached out to Swingcalyst and got the standard ticket reply that they would process my Home Edition query in 2-5 business days.

However, a few minutes later one of SC's engineers sent me this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 09.29.00.png
Views:	133
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	402397
    I then went through each point and found my error, it was white balance was set on auto & continuous. Now I am getting >280fps.

Go Stian!!

Comment

Your response from Stain means you got a response from the boss. That guy knows his stuff !!

Comment

In my experience, pay attention also to your shutter speed. That will sometimes have a bigger impact on blur than your FPS rate. The faster your shutter speed, the less blur you'll get even at higher frame rates.

Comment

• rdanh
          rdanh commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!
      Working...
      X