Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

Straight shots in optishot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight shots in optishot

Hey all, I have read just about everything I could find on optishot but I can't for the life of me get a straight shot with my optishot2.

I am a fairly decent hitter hitter so I know when I hit a slice or a draw, etc and the system is just way out there in terms of precision. I don't even care about the driver and 5 wood but I am really bummed that the irons are all over the place.

Is it possible that the thicker mat along with high club speed increases the miss hits? I'm probably gonna try it with the original mat regardless just to be sure but was wondering if the extra height might change something?

The Optishot uses 2 rows of Infrared transmit/receive sensors. The biggest issue affecting the readings are reflections and extraneous lighting. Make sure there is no sunlight reaching the 2 rows of sensors. Makes sure you are not using incandescent lighting. LED lighting is optimum. The thicker turf may affect distances. So, you may have to change the settings for each club to compensate. For ideal IR reflection, place white tape on the bottom of each club, including irons. You may also want to place LED "spotlight" lamps over each row of sensors.

You can achieve optimum/accurate results using these techniques.

Comment

Have you calibrated your clubs? How to improve Optishot accuracy

Comment

Originally posted by golfallyear View Post
        Have you calibrated your clubs? How to improve Optishot accuracy
        Yep. Left that out. When I was using Optishot daily, I always had all of my clubs taped and calibrated. The question that usually comes up is how to calibrate properly. The goal of calibration is to "map" how your particular club face is picked up by the IR sensors. You do not have to take full swings to accomplish the calibration. I always used a "putting" stroke with all of my clubs when calibrating. This allowed better control of the club face (open, closed, square) when calibrating.

With lighting control, taping and calibration very accurate results can be achieved.

Comment

• golfallyear
          golfallyear commented
          Editing a comment
          See my video above...I show how I calibrated my clubs.

I have never taped my clubs and have had no problems with accuracy. I have a floor lamp that I put directly over my Optishot pad.

Comment

[QUOTE=golfallyear;n262866
          See my video above...I show how I calibrated my clubs.[/QUOTE]

Yep. A putting/'chipping stroke.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys how do you get rid of the publicity over the replies! It's pretty annoying . Keeps me from reading some comments

Comment

Originally posted by golfallyear View Post
              I have never taped my clubs and have had no problems with accuracy. I have a floor lamp that I put directly over my Optishot pad.
              Same. Floor lamp with LED lightbulb and it works great. (Except for my driver which has a dark bottom and I have not taped.)

Comment

For anyone else reading this, I've never taped my irons and they've worked perfectly 100% of the time. Maybe I got lucky because I always used a floor lamp too.

Comment

Same....reflective tape on driver and hybrid only. Spit shine the irons only. Have 2 led lamps shining down on IR and all is good

Comment

Working...
                  X