Virtual Golf Instruction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Golf Instruction

What are you all's thoughts on getting lessons online? We are currently launching a site, Mylessonapp.com, that connects golfers with instructors for a 30 minute live streaming lesson. You can use your laptop, tablet or smart phone for the lesson.

We are starting out at $40 per 30 minutes- would you pay that? In this first version we are only using 3-5 instructors to prove demand of this and then expand.

Thanks

Satish Kodukula

From a marketing aspect you should be at .99 a minute. I think it would be an easier number to get people to part with. People love that number .99 a minute 15 minutes minmum
    Hit em Straight Boys
    Putt-4-Doe

Comment

• satishk1979
      satishk1979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the idea but we are providing access to PGA Certified instructors and our price point has to be higher to compensate for their time and services.

i am glad you have started this. I thought this existed already, but was unable to find something like this until just now with your site.
    I am interested in this, just need to figure out what instructor would be the best for me.
    thanks for posting this here. Would be neat to somehow incorporate it with my sim and launch monitor, but i think that will come with time.

Comment

I would maybe have two options, live streaming and then just a video analysis where you send in a video and get back a video. That way if you are at a driving range with poor cell service you can still use your app. And I agree that 30 mins for $30 would be a better price point based on the fact that $80/hour is more what I would expect to pay for an in person lesson

Comment

• satishk1979
      satishk1979 commented
      Editing a comment
      We intend to incorporate both and allow the golfer to have an annotated video analysis from the PGA instructor, and store this all in our application. Since we are providing access to PGA certified instructors, our price point has to be higher.

The following company has tried something similar using their club attached swing sensor, SwingTip. I haven't been in contact with them for a while but my impression was that it wasn't very successful. Just something to consider:

Last edited by fitness golfer; 11-08-2019, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• satishk1979
      satishk1979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the suggestion, very familiar with mobicoach. Our approach is different and our goal is to create an online marketplace for PGA certified instructors with golfers.

real instruction is around 50 an hour so why would you charge more? If I am using my own phone for video, and my internet connection what are your costs? I think 20 a lesson is better. I did receive lessons last year - the pro came to my house and after 4 sessions and 200 dollars I knocked anywhere from 2 to 8 strokes off my game..on average 4. I am shooting more birdies then I ever have...about one a round..before it was maybe 2 a season. So lessons can be worth it....maybe 20 intro offer and if someone sees value they will pay more.

Comment

• satishk1979
      satishk1979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Our price point is more because we are providing access to PGA Certified instructors. The lessons will be worth it to continue to help shave off strokes off your game, keep at it!

Thanks for the feedback, a few things to add. We are providing access to PGA Certified instructors, hence the price point is not going to be on the low end. In addition, you are able to leverage PGA instructors who are personalized for your own instructional needs. In addition, we are building a platform that allows golfers to rate the instructors and archive all your lessons and feedback. We are a complete to other services out there but our belief is 1:1 interactive will allow a better session for all golfers.

Great feedback from you others, keep them coming.

Thanks

Satish Kodukula
    Co-Founder, Mylesson

Comment

Good luck to you Satish. I might suggest offering some free lessons to the folk on here and have them tell about their experience. Perhaps take a 1-4 hdcp, a 5-10, and then a 11-15. No, I am not look for a free lesson for me...I will take my name out of the running since my suggestion.

Comment

• satishk1979
        satishk1979 commented
        Editing a comment
        We are offering free lessons right now to get great feedback from our customers. Feel free to try it out at www.mylessonapp.com.

I just launched a web-site that provides a platform for golfers to browse PGA certified instructors, schedule a lesson and host a 4k live video stream where the instructor you chose can interact and give you feedback in real time.

In this early stage, feedback is very important to our company- we are offering free 30 minute lessons with any of the instructors on our page in exchange for candid feedback on your experience.

If anyone is interested- the website domain is MyLessonapp.com, you can contact me directly at satish@mylessonapp.com

Keep it in the short grass.

Satish

Comment

I do get that you are offering access to PGA certified instructors but unless you are playing at a Podunk mom and pop course, any PGA pro is a certified PGA instructor. The Class A pro designation encompasses both levels and the instructor/apprentice tier is actually a step down the ladder.

Of course all pros are not the best teachers but they have the same certs. Our local courses both offer multi lesson packages for that $1 a minute price point or even less and that is being taught by the pro.

I understand that you have to make your cut as well but most "pros" are making about $55k a year so when they get the chance to teach at $1/min it's a nice opportunity to make some extra money at a higher rate than their hourly.

If you're offering some sort of premium that we're not seeing then that would make up for the difference, but being online in your back yard for more money than standing on an actual driving range (also included in the lesson cost) with a pro next to you to make changes on the fly just doesn't seem as value added.

I would heed the advice of others to try and get that price down unless you are catering to a market who is regularly paying a higher fee or, as I said, are offering a superior service in some other form.
        ​​​​​

Comment

• satishk1979
          satishk1979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Great feedback. When it comes to virtual the 1:1 personalized experience based off your golf game is critical. We live in a world where convenience is huge (ie Amazon, Uber, Instacart etc). Finding the right instructor for your golf game is hard. I encourage you to check out our site and try a free lesson at mylessonapp.com.

Thanks

Satish

Here is a video that describes how MyLesson works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFhcOqVEP_A

Comment

Working...
        X