Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

Interface 3.17g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interface 3.17g

I applaud Protee's efforts to improve their launch monitor accuracy/realism and golf simulation. I was using the beta 3.17i interface, but found it produced more side to side movement than I see on the course. I upgraded to interface 3.17g and so far it's looking more realistic. I am still trying other options such as Vcam for spin, but I have not spent enough time with them to report results.
    What have others found?
    Last edited by Stonebattle; 10-10-2021, 03:48 PM.

Information is hard to find on this new release I accidentally found about it when going to support on the welcome screen and also found out on I am on the 3.17d release. Could not find any release notes .

I really wish subscribers would be advised on these changes...

Comment

Johndeeresimon - you should consider visiting the ProTee Support Forums every few months, especially the Announcements section, where you can find new ProTee interface releases here:
      https://csc.protee-united.com/hc/en-us

Usually there is a mention in that post about what is changed/updated or fixed, but you're right - I don't see one for 3.1g? Maybe ProTee can provide an answer up here, and then update the Post announcing it?

Thanks,
      -Brett

Comment

Like you, my hope is Protee will issue update info, but also in the future find a way to improve reported club data.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonebattle View Post
          I applaud Protee's efforts to improve their launch monitor accuracy/realism and golf simulation. I was using the beta 3.17i interface, but found it produced more side to side movement than I see on the course. I upgraded to interface 3.17g and so far it's looking more realistic. I am still trying other options such as Vcam for spin, but I have not spent enough time with them to report results.
          What have others found?
          Hi Stonebattle.

There is nothing different between the 2 versions that affect ball flight. They are actually both the same for Protee.

users should bear in mind that if updating to these versions from versions prior to 3.16p that a full clean install is required and instruction on this is on the protee customer support website.

Vcam for spin should not he used. It was an experimental feature and not used.

3.17b had the biggest change with a new rule created for using sw and lw to overcome instance where club crossed ball track before the ball. The version's after this had additional filters added for camera images

Comment

Thanks Protee UK. Hmmm very interesting. By the way, 3.17b was very well done. I always do a fresh install, so all good there. I've been experimenting with forgiveness level. I've been doing this because the face angles seem way high at times with the level set to 0. Also, ball off line movement seems way high at times as well, in particular with wedges.

With the setting at the default level of 30, the face angles and off line ball movement appear to be more realistic, as others have reported. I was wondering, when you do your testing with trackman or the like, do you use the default setting of 30 or another level?
            Last edited by Stonebattle; 01-13-2022, 02:47 AM. Reason: Make more readable

Comment

Protee UK:
              What you use in your testing would be very useful to the rest of us.

After more testing, I would say there is little difference in reported face angle variations between 0 and 30 forgiveness level. Still, there seems to be a clear difference in dispersion. On the course, I can't recall in the last 3 years hitting a L wedge 16 yards right or left of target. Yet I do occasionally get that with 0 forgiveness setting. With forgiveness set at 30, I see more in the area of 7 to 8 yards. Hmmm, that seems about right. During my last round last year I stepped off a shot, that felt very similar to the ones that go 15 to 16 yards off line on Protee with 0 forgiveness level, I push faded with the L wedge and it was just over 7 yards right of target. I ended last year with a handicap of 2.6, not great but not bad.

So, come on give us some feedback on this issue.

Comment

What you have to bear in mind that as a fixed sensor system the system relies on the sensor mat being square.
                the settings in the interface for path and face are in there to allow some adjustment I'm a case where the mat is not set dead square.

Certain issues are not a persistent issue but found by some and not others.
                This is because often not one system is set up the same.

The forgiveness factor is there for when in use by non golfers, novice or children to reduce wayward shots and assist power useful when young children are playing.
                at 0 there is no forgiveness factor used.
                This will not change path and face data

LW going that wayward could be camera set up.

Interface G and I are the same as B except for some additional camera filter options.

Personally with the 2 systems we have set used for testing and also used as rental, we dont see that on those here.

The new camera filters will not have any affect when using older pointgrey cameras and only work with the newer camera type.

Make sure is doing a clean install that all interface files are removed from the pc completely and this is only needed when moving from interfaces prior to 3.16p.

It is likely however that interfaces in use prior to that are using older cameras and will not benefit from the new additions in respect of the cameras.

The setting for face and path are at default 0 based on the assumption mats are installed squarely and correctly measured at install.

They way the interface is set now should not need to be adjusted as in the past.

There work that has gone into these over the years has been to remove the need to make changes.

It is advised that settings in the interface should not be changed and if they are, the previous settings should be noted as changing something incorrectly can seriously hinder the working of the system.

Only the supplied component should be used, too many times I have logged into systems of users to find incorrect lighting and set up.

If replacing parts or ever in doubt it is best to check with ProTee.

Comment

With regard to a full clean install, it is also important to note that all settings will be lost when doing a clean install so if you do need to do that then it is best to note all settings especially camera settings that maybe in use.

Full clean installs are not needed if updating from 3.16p and above providing 3.16p was done as a clean install from previous versions.

Updating and installing newer interfaces is not a clean install and will pull through previous files from older versions that may conflict with newer versions

Comment

Thanks for the response. Sounds like check the setup and 0 forgiveness setting it is.
                    Last edited by Stonebattle; 01-17-2022, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X