PGA Championship

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The PGA Championship runs from TODAY - August 13.

Purse: $9,500,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile. Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

Actually didn't record my first round which was 83

Comment

• ProTee United
      ProTee United commented
      Editing a comment
      Must be a glitch. We will fix that for you when the tour has finished. Can't do that right now due to the automated scoring updates.

• longhornlove
      longhornlove commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, weird that it was my first round and not my last

ProTee United big fraugh here. I'm having an issue with updating my user name in my config settings in TGC. Once I save my user name to big fraugh and then connect to the server, then disconnect and go back into config settings to check, it deletes big fraugh and replaces with my full name. FYI- I had shot recording turned on for my 1st round, but its showing a red "x" next to my name on the leaderboard. Thanks!

Comment

ProTee United - I can vouch for big fraugh above, we did all we could do to get his shot recording turned on. I just wasn't competent enough to get it done.

I do have an issue with my round scoring though. He and I played a live tournament round this evening. It was his first round, my second. It appears that my first round was replaced by my second tonight. I should have 2 rounds complete and scores of 70/79. Hopefully you guys can get this straightened out as well. Thanks.

Comment

• sb944
        sb944 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ouch, I definitely remember seeing your first round was 70 yesterday. Edit: and the scorecard leaderboard is even more confused. Has you down twice on the board, one for 70 one for 79, but both rounds point to your 70 scorecard.
        Last edited by sb944; 08-11-2017, 07:51 AM.

• ProTee United
        ProTee United commented
        Editing a comment
        It looks like there is a problem when playing live tour rounds, when one is playing his first round and the other his second or third. The system gets confused when the rounds do not match and it messes up the scoring. Finish your rounds and we manually correct it. Let me know your final round scorings when done.

Playgolf4life you do not change your name in the config settings file. You change your name in TGC (edit player). The name in the config setting file is your registration name and can not be changed. Your TGC name (what you set in TGC) is your nick name and will be used in the tour.

According to the leaderboard your TGC nick name is: big fraugh
      The name you set here on your forum profile (TGC Nickname) is: BigFraugh

These will not match. Change the name here on your forum profile to: big fraugh

Comment

Originally posted by ProTee United
        Playgolf4life you do not change your name in the config settings file. You change your name in TGC (edit player). The name in the config setting file is your registration name and can not be changed. Your TGC name (what you set in TGC) is your nick name and will be used in the tour.

According to the leaderboard your TGC nick name is: big fraugh
        The name you set here on your forum profile (TGC Nickname) is: BigFraugh

These will not match. Change the name here on your forum profile to: big fraugh
        Ok will do. I'll give that a try tomorrow and I'm sure that'll be the fix.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

I hope that everyone who voted in that mythical survey for realistic courses enjoyed the tournament this week.... that was brutal.

Comment

• longhornlove
            longhornlove commented
            Editing a comment
            I enjoyed it but 17 and 18 killed me. Really was very close to what the Pros played this week. I do hit the ball a long way so it didn't bother me as much as it probably did others.

Originally posted by jrz View Post
          I hope that everyone who voted in that mythical survey for realistic courses enjoyed the tournament this week.... that was brutal.
          It's no myth. Do you want a new survey seeing how there's new poeple?
          My Courses:
          World Par 3's by mthunt
          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
          Burlington G&CC by mthunt
          Weston G&CC by mthunt
          London Hunt Club L mthunt
          Park CC Lidar mthunt
          Sunningdale GC Robinson L
          Sunningdale GC Thompson L
          Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
          Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
          The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
          The National GC L mthunt
          Mississaugua GC L mthunt
          Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
          Markland Woods CC mthunt
          Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
          Magna GC L mthunt
          Barrie CC L mthunt
          mthunt Range

Comment

• bk1106
            bk1106 commented
            Editing a comment
            I voted for "realistic" back then. But I meant realistic without any extra distance. If the pro's hit a mid to long iron for a 2nd shot, I want to do pretty much something not too different. (instead of always reaching for my 3W) Also, if no pro had problems reaching a fairway due to distance, I would like that to be the case for the average participants here. So, there are two kinds of realistic so to speak, the "everything realistic, including distance", and also the "everything realistic except distance". To better specify what I voted for back then, I meant to vote for the latter but there were not that choice back then. Thanks.

I think I voted for the realistic courses as well. However, it should have included a statement that do you want to play a simulator friendly course or would you rather play a realistic course that's over 7000 yards, with insane greens, loads of trees and extremely tight driving holes. This is not just a comment on this course, it's happened a few times. Tough course to start with and if you don't hit it a long way, makes it really not fun.

Comment

This course also played longer than the 7150 yards that the scorecard shows. There were the two par fours that were under 300 yards. If you make those 400 yard holes, all of a sudden you are looking at 7400 yards. I was bummed because I just bought a new set of irons that were 5-pw. I think I got to hit them less than 10 times for three rounds combined. It was a lot of driver, 3 wood/3 iron, then hope to get up and down from 15-40 yards since those approaches have zero chance of holding the green. I guess I need to mess with the green firmness, speed, and stimp settings some more.

On the bright side, I finally got my driver going and hit 24 fairways and managed to get up and down 21 out of 42 times on missed greens in regulation. I hope that the stats for GIR and putts can get fixed in TGC2 so that you don't have to account for all of the gimmes being 0 putts and GIR correctly registering when your approach is in gimme range.

Comment

• bk1106
              bk1106 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ya, that was how I remembered this course, driver, 3W/hybrid, then a pitch and hope for magic. Hole 17 was especially simple for me in club selection, I only have one club that can reach it. Ha Ha!

You wouldn't think it would be hard to make a gimmie a 1 instead of a 0.

Comment

Great win, Gary. That was some solid scoring on that course. Congrats on the first major win. Many more to come, buddy. 🍻

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
                DirtyGarry24 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks cooke! Really tough golf course.

A of people complain about these long courses but they are good for the group of players in my opinion. It takes away the advantage that the high handicap players have. Look at the leaderboard this week. All low handicaps. Gives those guys a chance to win some tournaments. In my experience, the lower handicap guys usually hit it further which evens the field on long courses. Who knows, I may be wrong, I need to research.

Comment

I agree with that Longhorn. Scoring on the long courses definitely does bring the low handicap guys up to the top. I don't have any issue with having these longer courses spread out throughout the year. The greens this week were great.....held shots and putting was fair. We just gotta make sure we don't play courses that are 7000+ yards with greens that are made of concrete or protected on the fronts with bunkers/water. You need to give the shorter guys the chance to run one up there and if they do miss a green, that they have a chance at an up and down. This week was fine...especially for a major. Perfect test IMO.

Comment

Working...
                X