Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @K_Scott12 (NET) and @Marc Andre & @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - Valspar Championship !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - World Golf Championship with 2 rounds at The Belfry - The Brabazon (ProTee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...f-championship AND the TGC 2019 SPRING TOUR - Corales Puntacana with 2 rounds at Sea Island C.C. (GA)-Seaside : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ales-puntacana
See more
See less

Tour Rules

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tour Rules

i just got back from Vegas and my club closed on Sunday. It's sim season and we are getting new players every day so I figured I'd repost this. Tour Rules

Rules Sticky
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...and-guidelines

06-26-2017, 03:49 PM
    Hi everyone. I think it's important to revisit the rules every now and then as we keep getting new players. Our tour is designed for everyone and every system. It's only for fun but like real golf, we have chosen to allow you to police yourselves. Also like real golf cheating will get you banned. If you are going to play, play by the rules. Everything else is managed by the game. Below are mostly settings.

TGC Tour Rules

Boost and other shot mods:
    +/- 5%. Most ProTee/ TGC supported systems have the ability to adjust your settings. This is from having sensor mats and tweaking them. For tour play, you are allowed to adjust any setting by 5%. This means you can add 5% max boost and decrease 5% spin. Believe me, 5% isn't going to change anyone's life. A 20 yard draw would draw 19 yards with 5% adjustment.

Putting:
    The standard putting setting was 2. We set it this way because we believed the GC2 would perform fairly at that setting. We recently changed it to allow you to increase the setting so the ball will only go straight. It's your choice what you use. I use 2. Move the slider all the way over and aim with the pointer only if you choose.

Gimmies:
    You have to set your system to a max of 1.8 yards. This is done by setting the Gimmie Setting to "Gimmie". If you want no gimmies, knock yourself out.

Wind:
    We play without wind. You must as well.

Shot Recording:
    Turn it on. You'll see SR in the standings. An X means it's off. We contact those who have it off but sometimes someone that isn't on the form enters a tournament. If it's off, you won't be included in any rankings.

Rewinds:
    Obviously a big one. Some systems give errors and strange things happen. Here's some examples:

Allowed:
    -A ball was in the FOV of your GC2 and you rolled another couple of balls near by and it read a 2 foot put.
    -Your protee said the ball you hit in the middle of your screen went 25 degrees right.
    -Your GSX said the ball went 20 yards and it was flushed into the screen.
    I think you get it.

Not allowed:
    -Your putt lipped out but you think you hit it straight
    -Your bunker shot didn't clear the lip but you think it should have
    -You sliced it and it's behind a tree
    -You hit a 3 wood over water and it didn't make it but you once hit a 3 wood far enough to carry
    -You hit a 5 iron and it rolled over the green but you hit a 5 iron outside last week and it stopped
    -You hit it in the water and the game put you all the way back where you hit it from. Too bad.

Have fun and play by the rules.

mthunt

Where do I go to set Gimmies?

Comment

Originally posted by abirdie4me View Post
      Where do I go to set Gimmies?
      settings. Gameplay. Gimmies. (Or is it Display then Gimmies). Set to gimme for 6 feet.

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post

settings. Gameplay. Gimmies. (Or is it Display then Gimmies). Set to gimme for 6 feet.
        Ok, I set Gimmies to Distance, but then there are Gimmie 1 and Gimmie 2 settings. What do I need to set those to? It's confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by abirdie4me View Post

Ok, I set Gimmies to Distance, but then there are Gimmie 1 and Gimmie 2 settings. What do I need to set those to? It's confusing.
          So if you set to Gimmie its 6 feet. If you set to distance gimmie 1 is 1 putt and gimmie 2 is 2 putt.

Comment

Maybe reiterate the rewind rule. It's freaking ridiculous. Take a look through a few of the top guys on the net leaderboard. Counted about 14 on the top guy. Wtf.i didn't know you could take a Milligan every time you mishit your tee shot and wedge shot..

Comment

We will disqualify these guys when we get back in the office later this week.

Comment

It’s pretty simple. Rewinds are only for system failure. If the ball hits the middle of the screen on a wedge and your system reads it as 10 degrees right, that’s a failure. Or, if you flush it and it goes 5 feet, failure. If it carried 230 and you think you his it more like 240, it’s not something you are allowed to rewind.

Also, if you see a rewind, sometimes they are not a rewind. In the last Xmas event, a player had 2 shots on a 340 yard tee. That looks like a rewind but the player carded a double so he clearly hit it in the water and was placed back on the tee.

Please feel free to PM me when you see rewinds. Lots do and I can’t review every round. Keither and I look at a lot but we can’t look at them all.

Comment

How about if a guy hits a tee shot then 4 wedge shots from the sand and makes a par 3? Thats just one instance.Some of these guys must have the worst launch monitors ever cause I think I've hit maybe 4000 shots between my skytrak and GC2 and the only rewind I ever needed was when I rolled a ball back through the left side hitting box of the GC2 and it read as a shot. I know you dont wanna call anyone out but I don't care, I don't know these guys from a hole in the wall and I don't care if they get embarrassed. Play offline if you wanna take 10 mulligans a round.

Comment

• mthunt
                    mthunt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He or she clearly cheated. Please PM me the name.

Maybe in addition to the net and Gross comp there could be a ‘no rewind’ comp, or add the number of rewinds to the results stats? I must admit I have used the rewind on a couple of occasions, due to a cracked ball and blatant missread, but since changing to a different ball I’ve had zero cracked balls in at least 15 rounds switching between 4 balls, (Titleist NXT tour), and the number of actual miss reads on my skytrak are very few (hit centre line of screen but ball starts 30 degrees right), if all LM’s suffer the same very infrequent miss read as I do then can’t they get rid the rewinds in comps all together? It’s wishful thinking In my view to think a rewind system wouldn’t get abused, some people will always cheat, at least in real golf in comps there will be other players in their group to call them out even then it’s usually people improving their lie, I don’t think anyone in real life would hit 3 tee shots, 4 approach shots and 3 putts and try to claim a par, but in the dark confines of garage with no one looking people obviously think they can get away with it. Interesting to hear people’s thoughts
                  Last edited by Tommyseb; 01-01-2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jwheels9876 View Post
                    How about if a guy hits a tee shot then 4 wedge shots from the sand and makes a par 3? Thats just one instance.Some of these guys must have the worst launch monitors ever cause I think I've hit maybe 4000 shots between my skytrak and GC2 and the only rewind I ever needed was when I rolled a ball back through the left side hitting box of the GC2 and it read as a shot. I know you dont wanna call anyone out but I don't care, I don't know these guys from a hole in the wall and I don't care if they get embarrassed. Play offline if you wanna take 10 mulligans a round.
                    If you look at the data here there is simply no need for a rewind and the person cheated. If the first few had an HA for 15 or something maybe. If someone kept hitting rewind until it was a gimmie they should be disqualified.

Comment

Guys. Seriously. Why are so many cheating? Do you cheat at your club events too? These events aren’t unlimited mulligans.

I’m going through the rounds and disqualifying any rounds with rewinds. This will take forever. I will do my best to contact each person but the tour name isn’t always the same as the forum name.

Do do it again and you will be banned from the tour. It takes nothing to see if someone took a mulligan. The yardage is repeated.

Some of you are warming up on the first tee. I used to too. Please go to a range then start your round.

Comment

• cooke23
                        cooke23 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I definitely do the warming up on the first tee. It’s a PITA to go to a range then hit, them go back to the tournament round, ya da, yada. What I’ll do from now on.....I’ll warm up....then hit 3-4 putts. That should make it easy to see it was a warm up and when I really started the round. Rather than showing that I blasted 20 drivers before I finally found the fairway. 😀

• cooke23
                        cooke23 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Anyone see issue with that?

• mthunt
                        mthunt commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Obviously you know the issue. Hit until you like the tee shot. Make the last one a putt and it’s obvious. I’m ok with it.

Not trying to get into a pissing contest and also attempting to contribute to the discussion, I'll start by pointing out that cracked balls should not be the basis for rewinds or cancelling of a stroke. You are allowed to replace a ball that is unfit for play but that doesn't entitle you to cancel the stroke. When a ball breaks in two or more pieces, the stroke may be replayed with a new ball.

Back to rewinds - there are several different sims and launch monitors. Some are more prone to misreads than others. A "no-rewind" tour is not only going to create more work for the volunteers who run the tournaments, it is also going to limit participation and favour certain launch monitors. I use ProTee and I like it, but I have no illusions that it suffers from mis-reads.

It's also clear that it's impossible to monitor every players scoring and to be on the lookout for re-winds or cheating. A good case in point is the recent 57,57 performance of a tournament participant. The previous "outlier" scores by this same player never warranted any comment and weren't scrutinized, but in retrospect seem to confirm that something wasn't quite on the up and up.

Mis-reads can also take the shape of a poorly hit ball, being picked up as a good shot. It's tough to do, but that good shot should be cancelled and re-hit.

Another situation that sometimes happens is the "phantom" 300-plus yard drive. The ProTee sensor or software gets crossed up and adds 30 mph to your swing speed. Nice drive, but that's also a misread and should be rewound.

I am still trying to get my head around the "straight putt" fix for SkyTrak. As I understand it, every putt is treated as if it's "on line" and only the ball speed is taken into account. If that does not result in an unfair advantage then I don't know what does.

Thanks for reading.

Comment

• GarySatterwhite
                        GarySatterwhite commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I’m in on early preorder for the GCTrack3000! Sounds amazing!

No true golfer feels good about every putt going straight everytime. It ain’t real golf. However, the ball jumping dead right randomly isn’t either. It’s a tough deal, but is what it is.

• Chrislistergolf
                        Chrislistergolf commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I like and agree with what you are saying, but the part about the phantom 300-yard plus drive, explain, is it that you don't feel people should be able to hit it 300 plus yards? I am just asking because I have encountered people who feel that.

• aja
                        aja commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The phantom drive happens because your actual swing speed is misread by your sim. Add 30 mph to my swing speed an the ball will go 300 yds.

I'm not doubting that people hit 300 yd drives, but I recognize the instances when my sim gives misleading results due to a misread.

Originally posted by aja View Post
                      Not trying to get into a pissing contest and also attempting to contribute to the discussion, I'll start by pointing out that cracked balls should not be the basis for rewinds or cancelling of a stroke. You are allowed to replace a ball that is unfit for play but that doesn't entitle you to cancel the stroke. When a ball breaks in two or more pieces, the stroke may be replayed with a new ball.

Back to rewinds - there are several different sims and launch monitors. Some are more prone to misreads than others. A "no-rewind" tour is not only going to create more work for the volunteers who run the tournaments, it is also going to limit participation and favour certain launch monitors. I use ProTee and I like it, but I have no illusions that it suffers from mis-reads.

It's also clear that it's impossible to monitor every players scoring and to be on the lookout for re-winds or cheating. A good case in point is the recent 57,57 performance of a tournament participant. The previous "outlier" scores by this same player never warranted any comment and weren't scrutinized, but in retrospect seem to confirm that something wasn't quite on the up and up.

Mis-reads can also take the shape of a poorly hit ball, being picked up as a good shot. It's tough to do, but that good shot should be cancelled and re-hit.

Another situation that sometimes happens is the "phantom" 300-plus yard drive. The ProTee sensor or software gets crossed up and adds 30 mph to your swing speed. Nice drive, but that's also a misread and should be rewound.

I am still trying to get my head around the "straight putt" fix for SkyTrak. As I understand it, every putt is treated as if it's "on line" and only the ball speed is taken into account. If that does not result in an unfair advantage then I don't know what does.

Thanks for reading.
                      The 0 HA putt allowance is creating low scores. Keep in mind everyone is allowed to use it. I’m not sure about it either.

Comment

Would be interesting to know the proportion of protee to skytrak to GC2 users, I get hardly any miss reads on my skytrak, (quite a few no reads) and I imagine GC2 users get even less, I have no knowledge of the missread frequency using the protee system, if it’s something small like 1 or 2 a round, then maybe rewinds could be permitted but would still count as a stroke but you would then be able to submit a request for the shot to be removed by the administrators, might be less work than having them trawling through everyone’s score to find the culprits.

Comment

Working...
                        X