X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mthunt
    started a topic Tour Rules

Tour Rules

i just got back from Vegas and my club closed on Sunday. It's sim season and we are getting new players every day so I figured I'd repost this. Tour Rules

Rules Sticky
    Purpose To offer an online league format that facilitates all that we enjoy about playing the Sport of Golf. To make Tournament settings on each round that compare

06-26-2017, 03:49 PM
    Hi everyone. I think it's important to revisit the rules every now and then as we keep getting new players. Our tour is designed for everyone and every system. It's only for fun but like real golf, we have chosen to allow you to police yourselves. Also like real golf cheating will get you banned. If you are going to play, play by the rules. Everything else is managed by the game. Below are mostly settings.

TGC Tour Rules

Boost and other shot mods:
    +/- 5%. Most ProTee/ TGC supported systems have the ability to adjust your settings. This is from having sensor mats and tweaking them. For tour play, you are allowed to adjust any setting by 5%. This means you can add 5% max boost and decrease 5% spin. Believe me, 5% isn't going to change anyone's life. A 20 yard draw would draw 19 yards with 5% adjustment.

Putting:
    The standard putting setting was 2. We set it this way because we believed the GC2 would perform fairly at that setting. We recently changed it to allow you to increase the setting so the ball will only go straight. It's your choice what you use. I use 2. Move the slider all the way over and aim with the pointer only if you choose.

Gimmies:
    You have to set your system to a max of 1.8 yards. This is done by setting the Gimmie Setting to "Gimmie". If you want no gimmies, knock yourself out.

Wind:
    We play without wind. You must as well.

Shot Recording:
    Turn it on. You'll see SR in the standings. An X means it's off. We contact those who have it off but sometimes someone that isn't on the form enters a tournament. If it's off, you won't be included in any rankings.

Rewinds:
    Obviously a big one. Some systems give errors and strange things happen. Here's some examples:

Allowed:
    -A ball was in the FOV of your GC2 and you rolled another couple of balls near by and it read a 2 foot put.
    -Your protee said the ball you hit in the middle of your screen went 25 degrees right.
    -Your GSX said the ball went 20 yards and it was flushed into the screen.
    I think you get it.

Not allowed:
    -Your putt lipped out but you think you hit it straight
    -Your bunker shot didn't clear the lip but you think it should have
    -You sliced it and it's behind a tree
    -You hit a 3 wood over water and it didn't make it but you once hit a 3 wood far enough to carry
    -You hit a 5 iron and it rolled over the green but you hit a 5 iron outside last week and it stopped
    -You hit it in the water and the game put you all the way back where you hit it from. Too bad.

Have fun and play by the rules.

mthunt

• mthunt
    replied
    Follow to directions to the exact item. If that doesn’t work open a ticket with ProTee

Leave a comment:

• Bsilgolf13
    replied
    Can someone help me as to why my score wasn’t recorded? I have shot recording on and didn’t do anything to cheat

Leave a comment:

• mthunt
    commented on 's reply
    If you put up the money I’ll make sure the winners get it.

• Indy500
    replied
    So are we playing for real money in these tournaments? If not that needs to be next step.

Leave a comment:

• Whiskeyjack
    commented on 's reply
    perfect thanks

• mthunt
    replied
    Shot recording records every single shot in a Sim. The recording has no impact on tournaments.

Leave a comment:

• Whiskeyjack
    replied
    mthunt just a quick question. I tried my first tournament this weekend after completing Q-school. Have to say it's a hoot. My question is about warm up. I use the Protee Sunday Range for warming up (not in the tournament section though) and noticed the shot recording is on for this as well. Does this interfere with the tournament games in any way? Or am I good to go warming up in this way.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• mthunt
    replied
    I think it’s mid day on the Monday. The time zone is I. Holland for ProTee.

Leave a comment:

• rjd1975
    replied
    First, thank you for doing these tours...I LOVE it! I do get a little nervous which seems odd and understandable at the same time. Quick question...what time of day on Sunday does the round need to be completed. I am not complaining but I saw at least one score that got posted sometime after the server clock said midnight...again, I am just wondering. I am on EST BTW. Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• aja
    commented on 's reply
    The phantom drive happens because your actual swing speed is misread by your sim. Add 30 mph to my swing speed an the ball will go 300 yds.

I'm not doubting that people hit 300 yd drives, but I recognize the instances when my sim gives misleading results due to a misread.

• Chrislistergolf
    commented on 's reply
    I like and agree with what you are saying, but the part about the phantom 300-yard plus drive, explain, is it that you don't feel people should be able to hit it 300 plus yards? I am just asking because I have encountered people who feel that.

• mthunt
    replied
    Here you go:

Solution for : http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/skytrak/111157-does-skytrak-putting-suck-that-bad-or-am-i-that-bad New option available in settings file.

Leave a comment:

• sb944
    replied
    Can anyone point me to the skytrak putting patch? I tried reinstalling the TGC interface, still says 3.0.0, no option for "straight putting".

Leave a comment:

• Ports
    replied
    Godspeed my friend.

Leave a comment:

• mthunt
    replied
    YOU are correct.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X