Farmers Insurance Open

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The Farmers Insurance Open runs from TODAY - January 28.

Purse: $7,500,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile. Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q

Tournament Rules:
    i just got back from Vegas and my club closed on Sunday. It's sim season and we are getting new players every day so I figured I'd repost this. Tour Rules

For live tour talk and support visit ProTee TGC Discord:
    Check out the ProTee United community on Discord - hang out with 61 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

NET LEADERBOARD

GROSS LEADERBOARD

Comment

I am so all over the place, 87 and 73. Was going to brag about my massive inconsistency, but sorry kchogan obliterated my efforts, 87 and 69. Barely breaking 90 and breaking 70 in the same day, epic!!!

Comment

• kchogan
        kchogan commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha! No break between rounds either. My skytrak was giving me some crazy reads midway through the first round, so I spent the last six or so holes of rd 1 trying to get it to work right (reboots, angle adjust, case adjustments, etc). Finally got it dialed in by the 18th hole, so had to keep on playing round 2!

• sb944
        sb944 commented
        Editing a comment
        OK, so you still not doing a rewind when it's a crazy read? I had a couple of reboots, really hot again this week in the garage. I had a few "bad" reads, but nothing crazy, so no rewinds. I also implemented the putting patch, thanks Bob Chung for the link. I must admit this makes a difference, any chance of a chipping patch to do the same thing. I feel like about 50% of chips go the direction I hit it at the moment. It doesn't really make a difference on the scorecard, but it's still frustrating to see 50% of chips just go hard right or left when I clip it nicely.

• kchogan
        kchogan commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm done with rewinds. I have crazy chipping/pitching reads all the time. I can hit dead center of my screen and get 8 (or more) degrees left or right 50% of the time. At the end of the day, I just don't care anymore. All the fake money I have won still won't buy me a GC2

Also, took a video of two my better drives:towards the end of the round, felt like things were going freely:

Comment

• jrz
        jrz commented
        Editing a comment
        What camera(s) are you using?

• sb944
        sb944 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just a Samsung Galaxy 8. Many cameras support 120 or 240 fps recording, can watch it in slow mo on the phone too. I use it for verifying swing changes. It goes something like this. "Wow, this swing change seems so foreign to me, I wonder what it looks like?" Take a video, watch it in slow mo, and it usually looks exactly like it did the day before. I don't record every shot, just turn it on when I want to see something.

• bballer320xu
        bballer320xu commented
        Editing a comment
        What camera app do you use? I'm a recent Samsung convert (Note8) and haven't found a great video app yet for slow mo...

Ugh Concede Hole button got me on hole 1 of second round. ProTee United are you able to cancel this for me or do I just bite the bullet?

Thanks,

Tim

Comment

• kalcormier
        kalcormier commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!

• Timdm3
        Timdm3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cream? Anybody want cream? OK, no cream.

Really tough course! I can not for the life of me get the ball to sit on the green lol
      like a full 52 from 120 yards and it rolls 10 yards across the green lol
      Practice I guess lol only 3rd tourney round so far. Having a blast tho with my sim and this forum and tour!

Comment

• allen2be
        allen2be commented
        Editing a comment
        What ball you using? I've been loving the few Kirkland's I have left, chromesofts, and Nike platinums that all bite real good. Being cheap, I just got a bunch of top flite gamer tours and used it for my match play round last night and they didn't seem to spin worth a S and actually read like 100 backspin on some chips, so maybe my skytrak is struggling to see this ball.

Anybody else try the top flite gamer tour with a skytrak yet? Thoughts?

• sb944
        sb944 commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't hit a 52 120y, but a full 50/54/58 will hop once, and either stop in it's tracks, or suck back a bit. I'm using Srixon XV tour, got a great price in a bundle deal, with extra 20% off ebay, and these balls last a very long time before being battered much. They don't spin as much as the Titleist prov, but those things are 4 times the price when you factor in durability, and I'm not good enough to need that extra precision.

I got a box of srixon marathons, they use them at my local golf shop in there test bays. They can take a beating and long. But I have a feeling the spin rate is really lacking. I’m gonna try some higher spin balls. Recommendations??

Comment

• CW35
        CW35 commented
        Editing a comment
        I use middle of the road Srixons for range sessions and pre-round warm ups. For the actual tourney rounds, I use a pro v1 (only 1 ball). The spin numbers will be considerably different. You can get a lot of rounds in before needing a new one, at least in my experience.

• bballer320xu
        bballer320xu commented
        Editing a comment
        I follow the same approach as CW35, but I buy mint used 2017 ProV1s to use with my sim exclusively. I try to use a ball until it gets rough to keep the net in good shape. These balls hold up really well as he said. When the ball starts to get roughed up a bit it can do quite a number on the net.

Ok I’ll try some prov1s. And some other balls. See how it goes.
      im trying to understand the leader board lol
      how come the guys tied for 11th place have two different scores, 194 and 156?

Comment

• andygg1986
        andygg1986 commented
        Editing a comment
        The top leaderboard is the net score (including handicap). So both of those guys shot 12 over their handicap over two rounds. The bottom one is the gross (without handicap)

Any one ever do a quick test on the Pro V1s vs. other balls for spin rate on the Skytrak?

I know we are all not Iron Byron but with enough data and shots from a pitching wedge, the spin rates should start showing some trends.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
        Jwheels9876 commented
        Editing a comment
        When I had my skytrak I did some tests with a bottom of the line top flight distance, Srixon soft feel and ProV1 1x balls. Huge difference in spin numbers. Usually around 2000 more backspin from ProV1 to Top flite and around 1000 more from ProV1 to Srixon on average.

Hey guys still having trouble getting an official TGC handicap. Shot 96 92 last week and assumed I’d be adjusted as of Tuesday, but shot 84 at Torrey this AM and still no handicap. Am I missing something?

Comment

CFRIEDL90 You have to play 5 rounds before you will get a handicap. You can play the q school's 5 rounds or play 5 tourney rounds then wait until the following Tuesday when they are calculated. It will then be updated every subsequent Tuesday assuming you play rounds in the tournament during that 7 day stretch.

Comment

If I’m not mistaken you need 5 scores to get a tour hcp

Comment

Ok thanks for the response. I didn’t realize that I had to play five TGC tour rounds. It’s comfusing since when you first start the golf club game it says you need to play five approved hcp rounds to get your calculated handicap. Looking back it makes more sense now. Appreciate you putting up with stupid questions

Comment

This course is all about the driver, if you aren't hitting that club well it will be a long day. I played it in real life once, and I'm impressed by how accurate the game is. From my memory of that real life round, I only missed 3 fairways but still shot 84 (in my younger days when I was a 5 handicap).

Comment

• andygg1986
                andygg1986 commented
                Editing a comment
                I went to UCSD which is walking distance from Torrey pines and could play the south course for $40 and the North for $25, so I played both lots of times. I used to be a scratch golfer and a solid round there from the middle set of tees would be high 70's. It really makes you appreciate how good the pros are. The only thing that gets me about this version is that there is no water on 18. I think it has to do with the fact that you can only set water at one elevation in the course designer. Other than that it is very accurate

Rewinds are still being abused. Should I start posting names?
              My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt
              Burlington G&CC by mthunt
              Weston G&CC by mthunt
              London Hunt Club L mthunt
              Park CC Lidar mthunt
              Sunningdale GC Robinson L
              Sunningdale GC Thompson L
              Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
              Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
              The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
              The National GC L mthunt
              Mississaugua GC L mthunt
              Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
              Markland Woods CC mthunt
              Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
              Magna GC L mthunt
              Barrie CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range

Comment

• Sandbar
                Sandbar commented
                Editing a comment
                I am still probably considered a newbie here having a skytrak for only a year but to put my neck on the line and offer my 2cents if it’s even worth that much(plus not being 100% sure if this is a rhetorical question)...1st time offense pm since it might be an oversight or system issue. Offense two....the powers that be use judgement on the public disclosure.

• mthunt
                mthunt commented
                Editing a comment
                I stated this when the rules were set. First offence is a PM and warning. Repeat offence without valid reasoning is a tour ban under the discretion of the tour committee. Me, Keith and Bubba and the owner of ProTee. We also change the cap to -36.

• Sandbar
                Sandbar commented
                Editing a comment
                Guess that means the question actually falls into the rhetorical question realm...my bad. But the work you all do is definitely appreciated even though enough thank yous aren’t thrown your way
            Working...
            X