Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Teezr2 (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - Sentry Tournament of Champions !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Open Hawaii with 2 rounds at Loa Pali Golf Resort - ProTee by CSU : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ee-open-hawaii
See more
See less

POLL: Rewinds on Tour

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a trackman 4 and I rarely need a rewind unless I accidentally roll the ball and it reads a putt on the green. I vote no rewinds.

Comment

Here's something to think about. When I had a skytrak, it wouldn't read a ton of terrible shots I'd top or otherwise just hit miserably. With a GC2, it unfortunately for me at times, picks up every shot. It goes both ways I guess no matter what system you have. I've had a drive that was read at 10,000 side spin and 10,000 backspin on the GC2 when I tried using a matte orange ball as well as shots that say they went 30 degrees HLA when they hit almost center of my aim point with a wedge inside 60 yards.

with no rewinds, everyone is in the same boat. We all just take our lumps and move on to the next shot instead of having the option of rewinding anytime we want and having MTHunt and whoever else is checking the shot data having to PM people every week asking why they took a mulligan.

Comment

No rewinds. Even the occasional "legit" rewind/misread (so you think) is like those WTF moments in RL golf. Deal with it. Move on. Play better.

Comment

This is exactly the reaction I expected.

Comment

• cooke23
            cooke23 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, your HCP is gonna plummet now that you’ll be spending your time enjoying golf shots rather than hunting down shot reports and listening to rewind excuses.

Didn't read every post in this but didn't notice ANY comments from ProTee owners.

I own a ProTee system (from the good folks who brought you TGC and who run this forum) and with that technology there's an equal possibility that I can go a round without any misreads, or that my round can have 5 or more misreads.

"Deal with it" someone commented. Yes I will. If there are no Rewinds allowed, it would be pretty pointless to participate in a competitive tournament, so I guess I won't.

As far as removing the "temptation" to rewind? Are you serious?

Comment

• Jwheels9876
            Jwheels9876 commented
            Editing a comment
            Pointless is playing in a tournament where a guy wins and you check his shot recording and he's taken 7 mulligans through the 2 rounds. That does nothing for the legitimacy of the tour.

I voted for no rewinds. The only rewind ive had was when I was looking to replay a shot and hit rewind on accident. Replay, rewind and resume that's too many re's on that page. Should have been named mulligan IMO instead of rewind.

I have skytrak and I don't see misreads. There might be some but I'm not that in tune to them. For the most part the shots go where I think they are going to go while I wait during the delay for them to take off. I do get quite a few no reads, sometimes on good shots but maybe a bit more biased on poor strikes. Kind of like a built in mulligan ay? So maybe the gc2 players need the rewinds more?

The only problem I had on tour with errors was when tgc didn't revert back to full shot and had me hitting full shots on putter setting? At least that's what mthunt said probably happened. Still not sure what happened there but I shut the system down and restarted and all was well except for the snowman I scored during that process.

Anyway no rewinds would be great.

Coz

Ps just don't outlaw my new fiberbuilt
          Hitting strip. Easier on my back, elbow, easier on flop shots. Just plain easier to strike the ball vs my elite.

Comment

• triplebogeysrbetter
            Editing a comment
            Agree. Please don't outlaw Fiberbuilt on tour. :-)

Wife or Fiberbuilt? Like sorry honey but you have to leave.

• gnomike
            gnomike commented
            Editing a comment
            Aw, c'mon, honey... don't look so insulted. I mean, how can you expect me to give up my Fiberbuilt? It has been so good to me...

Here is a video of a rewind.... Rewinds like this always have a cause. In this case the cause was a few balls laying in the FOV. I can either make my FOV smaller which I did later or keep an eye out for balls laying in the FOV. GSA has since added a ball detection feature... work most of the time....not as well as me paying attention to my surroundings. Notice that I walk around the FOV so that I don't trigger a shot. You can now walk freely through the FOV without risk of a 250 yard chip.

My point is that misreads like the one in the video always have a cause, they just don't happen. Figure it out and fix it if you can. Plenty of people on the forum will be happy to help.

Now, how bad would it suck if that was for the win? I have trained myself to look for stray balls. Club heads entering a FOV because of lack of space is a tough one. But maybe a player can work around that. I don't hit full 56's or 60's in my basement because I don't like hitting the ceiling with full shots. So I choose to get the ball there differently than I would outdoors. This post is more for GSA and ProTee users. Launch monitors may be more difficult to find the cause of a misread.

Last edited by keither5150; 01-10-2019, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• wbond
            wbond commented
            Editing a comment
            That would suck if you were at or close to the top and got stuck with the "just deal with it".

• keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah that particular misread would be at least a 2 stroke swing. I still think that it is a good idea to disable rewinds for tour events. Protee and GSA users have the luxury of looking at what caused the misread. If you can identify the issue, you can fix it. Launch monitor users would be SOL. GSA users that use IBS also need to reset it before each session to ensure proper function.

Jwheels9876 What tournament had a winner where they took 7 mulligans?

Comment

• Jwheels9876
            Jwheels9876 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was exaggerating a bit lol. But I've browsed through the top 10's numerous weeks and seen 3 or 4 rewinds on peoples shot data. People abuse it and it should be turned off. And so should the boost while they're at it.
            Last edited by Jwheels9876; 01-10-2019, 07:48 PM.

I voted no as well. Glad everyone will be in the same boat. The rules and sticky setup will have to be amended after that point.

If not, we will get questions about mulligans from new tour members as they join in and have issues.

Comment

I voted no rewinds for sure. Yes, I use a GC2 and it's pretty much always spot on (Only ever had 1 misread that I was sure of since I bought it...it was on a short chip which went like 30 degrees right but I hit the middle of the screen). But like others have pointed out, the GC2 will also read your horrible shots where other systems probably won't read anything...it all evens out imo.

PLEASE open a similar thread for BOOSTS. IMO these should not be allowed. I doesn't matter if you live at 10,000 feet altitude and your ball goes further in real life or your ego thinks you should hit it 20 yards longer. I've played with a few ghosts recently that had me question how much of a boost they're using...how can you actually check if someone is boosting for sure? I opened another thread a few weeks back about the data in the shot recording which can be off by quite a bit sometimes (Confirmed by Protee).

Another thing, has there ever been extensive testing between different launch monitors to show that one is much shorter than another? I know for sure the GC2 and Trackman are very close. LEOMODE did extensive testing on these plus I've seen other tests done that show 1 to 2 mph ballspeed difference at most.

Comment

During a recent round of mine, the lights in the background changed and a 0'-10" shot was recorded when I was on the fairway 150+ yards out (and I was at the keyboard not even addressing the ball). I rewound the shot.

It makes sense to me to display an asterisk to rewound rounds and perhaps also give public access to rewound shot data. Say somehow my round was for first place or of some other importance, those interested would view my 10" shot and see it was most likely a legitimate hardware error.

Comment

ProTee United Is the no rewind feature specific to the TGC tour, or will this be an option in societies?

Comment

ProTee United ProTee Max
                  Looks like no rewind will win in a landslide. Why wait until 2K19? Starting with tomorrow's tournament or next weeks. No rewinds on tour. Any thoughts?

Comment

• GarySatterwhite
                    GarySatterwhite commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The original post reads as if the feature is exclusive to 2019. Not sure though, I'd welcome the change.

• triplebogeysrbetter
                    Editing a comment
                    Totally understand. I was justsaying if thats the direction we're headed. Lets end them now.

• mthunt
                    mthunt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It’s a 2019 thing

I'll take having to deal with a misread when I'm trying to win a tournament, which is very infrequent (both the misread and the winning parts), over every week that I play a tourney not knowing as the tournament is ongoing where I truly stand on the leaderboard. Sure the offenders mostly get caught and adjusted down on the leaderboards when all tournament rounds are completed, but based on my analysis, while the tournament is ongoing, I can assume 20-30% of players in the top-20 of the net leaderboard have one or more questionable rewinds. The gross leaderboard is typically a bit cleaner, but it ain't great either. If you're on the fence, maybe spend some time with the shot recording data/scorecards for the net top-10 players as the leaderboard currently stands for the ProTee Open Hawaii. And as others are discussing, if it's viable to get rid of tournament rewinds prior to TGC2019 coming out, do it.

Comment

FirGir Agree 100% It doesn't need to be a software fix beforehand. Just no more rewinds period. If your Skytrak/GC2/Protee/GSA/ VC 200 misreads a shot starting next tournament or the following. Don't even think about hitting <esc>. It happen move on.

Comment

• wbond
                      wbond commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So you think by just saying it that it's going to disappear. If it can be done, it will be. You're already supposed to not use them unless you have a gross failure to read properly. I guess you would be looking for the offender to be removed completely from the leaderboard if a rewind was found then. Still work for mthunt then.

• triplebogeysrbetter
                      Editing a comment
                      I try not to think it hurts my brain.
                  Working...
                  X