The_Players_Championship

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The Players Championship runs from TODAY - March 17.

Purse: $15,000,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY -> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...shot-recording

Tournament Rules:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...650-tour-rules

Join our Discord server to stay in touch with fellow players:
    Check out the The Golf Club - Simulators community on Discord - hang out with 2988 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.

Follow the tour and winner announcements on Facebook and Twitter:
    https://facebook.com/proteeunited / https://twitter.com/proteeunited

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

NET LEADERBOARD
    GROSS LEADERBOARD

Comment

1st round 60 with a bogey...are we all playing for 2nd dg_1983 ?

Comment

• Marc Andre
        Marc Andre commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah when I saw dg's 60 on the first round I figured it was a done deal ...I guess I found my "authentic swing" ...and putter as well this week! Crazy unreal scores indeed!

• rjd1975
        rjd1975 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have been out of town and missed the last couple of days of scoring. Wow! I played a practice round and shot -5 with a few rewinds....I know the scores are out there but I am going to have to play better to keep up with you guys.

• dg_1983
        dg_1983 commented
        Editing a comment
        Smashing scores guys. Really hotting up in the gross section. I guess that's how it is meant to be - gotta play solid to compete. I've a friend joining soon that is a couple shots better than my UK scratch handicap with 170 ball speeds. He will be tough to beat when he gets used to the SIM side of things!

rjd1975 how do you know he got a bogey. I am assuming you viewed his scorecard, how can I view scorecards?

Comment

Wow. Hats off dg_1983. Just when I was starting to feel a little good about my game

Comment

Thanks guys. Playing for 2nd? I guess that depends what gimme range and how many rewinds chip pope fancies! Admin should reach out and double check his settings are as they should be, I csn see rewinds for weeks and not a single putty ever recorded
        Last edited by dg_1983; 03-09-2019, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• mthunt
          mthunt commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm on it. Please PM when you see this happening.

• apeppin
          apeppin commented
          Editing a comment
          haha, i guess, with a last name like 'Pope', expecting honesty might be a bit of a stretch!

Wizard of Coz I think I played your ghost almost every week in the winter tour and every week you kick my ass Haha. I think on hole 12,13 or 14 I can't remember the specific hole but anyway i hit my shot right next to your shot, about 20 yards in front of the green and sure enough there goes your shot right in the hole, great shot!

Comment

Originally posted by dg_1983 View Post
          Thanks guys. Playing for 2nd? I guess that depends what gimme range and how many rewinds chip pope fancies! Admin should reach out and double check his settings are as they should be, I csn see rewinds for weeks and not a single putty ever recorded
          You guys should PM me when you see something you don't like. Many hands make light work.
          My Courses:
          World Par 3's by mthunt
          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
          Burlington G&CC by mthunt
          Weston G&CC by mthunt
          London Hunt Club L mthunt
          Park CC Lidar mthunt
          Sunningdale GC Robinson L
          Sunningdale GC Thompson L
          Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
          Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
          The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
          The National GC L mthunt
          Mississaugua GC L mthunt
          Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
          Markland Woods CC mthunt
          Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
          Magna GC L mthunt
          Barrie CC L mthunt
          mthunt Range

Comment

Congrats dg1983 on posting a great score. I played your ghost with shot turn on and you're ghost didn't shoot the same score you posted. I really dont understand what's going on with that. That's the second time I've played your ghost and both times your ghost score didn't match your posted score. Maybe mthunt can explain what's wrong on my end. I don't recollect that happening with any other ghosts. I started the match off playing competitive with you in fact should have been 1 up after 4 instead of tied but I was getting mad at your ghost and felll way off pace.

Comment

• dg_1983
              dg_1983 commented
              Editing a comment
              Where do you see it going wrong? I was -3 thru 4, what did you shoot? I should have been -4 for 4 but lipped my putt for 2. Is it putts? I can't imagine the long game being off? I did hole a 105ft putt which might have been hard to see on ghost!

Originally posted by Trickle007 View Post
            Wizard of Coz I think I played your ghost almost every week in the winter tour and every week you kick my ass Haha. I think on hole 12,13 or 14 I can't remember the specific hole but anyway i hit my shot right next to your shot, about 20 yards in front of the green and sure enough there goes your shot right in the hole, great shot!
            Thanks trickle. I remember hitting the pin on a pitch but I don't remember it going in. I think it ended up 6 inches ish. When you play my ghost does my ghost play match my score. For example do you see me miss birdie putts and it shows a birdie for me? I had a heck of a time playing against dg1983 ghost. Damn ghost missing putts putting it off the green once and the card records birdies anyway. Crazy stuff. I love playing ghosts though only if the play matches the score.

Comment

• Trickle007
              Trickle007 commented
              Editing a comment
              To be honest I never compared your ghost score to your actual score, I have always assumed they were the same so i never looked. TGC only matches me with ghost in the first round so I cant test it this week. Next weeks tournament I will check ghost scores against actual.

• dg_1983
              dg_1983 commented
              Editing a comment
              You can pick your ghosts, pause "change rival" remove the default and add who you want

• Trickle007
              Trickle007 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ya it seems you cant add rival unless they on friends list. Cause when I go to change rival I have 2 options friends or tour players. I never friended anyone so that is blank and tour player list 5 names I never heard of.

Thanks trickle for checking mine out soon. I pick a ghost and try to whip em. Frustrating when you think you have a ghost where your going to gain a shot or 2 and then the ghost records birdie and the ghost didn't make birdie. Some sort of ghost problem? Multiple times this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard of Coz View Post
              Congrats dg1983 on posting a great score. I played your ghost with shot turn on and you're ghost didn't shoot the same score you posted. I really dont understand what's going on with that. That's the second time I've played your ghost and both times your ghost score didn't match your posted score. Maybe mthunt can explain what's wrong on my end. I don't recollect that happening with any other ghosts. I started the match off playing competitive with you in fact should have been 1 up after 4 instead of tied but I was getting mad at your ghost and felll way off pace.
              Here’s the scorecard. What scores were you seeing? Is it safe to assume you picked the ghost with the score of 60? Click image for larger version

Name:	8DA4058E-E1B4-4F5A-A0F2-B638DBC338F8.png
Views:	991
Size:	440.2 KB
ID:	192306
              My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt
              Weston G&CC by mthunt
              Park CC Lidar mthunt
              The National GC L mthunt
              Mississaugua GC L mthunt
              Markland Woods CC mthunt
              Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
              Magna GC L mthunt
              Barrie CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range

Comment

• Tim Shaw
                Tim Shaw commented
                Editing a comment
                hole 4, 12 and 16 all show no tick against GIR and 1 putt and were all birdies

• mthunt
                mthunt commented
                Editing a comment
                Tim Shaw I’ll check the ghost when I get home Friday. It’s software so strange things can happen.

• Sascha1818
                Sascha1818 commented
                Editing a comment
                I think I remember seeing it on my scorecard too. If I remember right it happens when you hit your 2nd shot on a paar 4 or 3rd on a Paar 5 into gimmies range. It should tick the green in regulation but it doesn't. Quiet some time ago they fixed the issue where gimmies didn't count as putts but this might be an issue just like that. Gimmies caused and maybe are still causing glitches on the scorecards.

Originally posted by mthunt View Post

Here’s the scorecard. What scores were you seeing? Is it safe to assume you picked the ghost with the score of 60? Click image for larger version

Name:	8DA4058E-E1B4-4F5A-A0F2-B638DBC338F8.png
Views:	991
Size:	440.2 KB
ID:	192306
              I didn't write down the holes where his ghost acted up but im thinking his ghost didn't match around 5 times. Maybe somebody else can play dg1983 ghost and see if it happens on their end too. Use short order turned on and take on his 60. If it doesn't happen then it must be glitching somehow on my end.
              Hey dg1983 could you join my society in tgc2019 so I can see if the ghost is messed up in tgc2019 too. That would be a good alpha test.

Thanks

Wizard

Comment

Good idea. I’ve had other strange ghost questions too. Not sure if it’s a glitch.
                My Courses:
                World Par 3's by mthunt
                Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                Weston G&CC by mthunt
                Park CC Lidar mthunt
                The National GC L mthunt
                Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                Markland Woods CC mthunt
                Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                Magna GC L mthunt
                Barrie CC L mthunt
                mthunt Range

Comment

I know there are times where shots skip over the hole on the ghost and they went in during the original round...that could contribute. I know that happened on my hole in one, anytime I watched the replay it hit off the pin and ended up tap in distance. That would seem like a birdie instead of an eagle.

Comment

Working...
                  X