Unofficial opinion on 5% alteration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial opinion on 5% alteration

Please vote yes or no on should we be allowed 5% alteration to ball carry/ spin etc.....in tournaments.
    this is unofficial and wizard is just curious what people think. Just your opinion and i'm totally cool with voting either way. No hate here. Wiz loves almost everybody. 99.9% love he is far from perfect 0.1% anyway. Lol

Wiz vote
    No

#1 reason he uses it is cause he competes against it

Question why does irl matter

if it’s cold you don’t get to say I hit it longer when it’s warm

or I live on high and don’t hit it as far at sea level

there is no such thing as irl
    there’s only the conditions of the day where you are

maybe sim completion is just inherently unfair
    to many variables

Comment

• Brettster
      Brettster commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure they do, I purchased a used ProTee and I see others for sale too. It will cost more to get setup though as you have to build a subfloor to drop the sensor mat down almost 2" below the floor with the ProTee sensor, but you do not have to purchase an annual package to keep playing every year like you do with SkyTrak.

• Bender96
      Bender96 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol yes I realize anyone can buy things with money. My point was people who own the ST don’t own it because they think it’s better than a GC2, Uneekor etc. It’s because that’s all their budget allows

• Tonysmjc
      Tonysmjc commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s not the monitor I’m talking of
      It’s the overall inherent variance in
      Matt’s
      The ability to tee one up when you shouldn’t
      To compensate for your Matt

Golf is played on one course at a time irl
      For a reason
      The players play together in one place with galleries and rules officials for a reason
      The playing field is level for a reason

Sure condition do change from hour to hour but the change for the better for you one week and for the worse the next
      That’s nature and the condition of the game

Sim golf offers too many variables unless it’s done in a communal setting with all participants playing in the same place on the same Matt with others watching

There’s nothing anyone’s going to do about that with boost without boost , sure limiting it takes away one variable

But what about the others
      Just like wheels said in another thread he had a ghost hit
      Irl that’s kinda like knocking a ball off a tee while setting up
      But in sim golf without rewind your just out the stroke

He play it if you love it
      But don’t expect it to be a level field because that’s not going to happen

No adjustment should be used.

Comment

When is New interface coming? Non of this actually matters until it can be controlled or locked. For the record I would vote No. Indoor syndrome, elevation, etc... Isn't good reasons for adjustments in a tournament.
      ​​​​​

Comment

• mthunt
        mthunt commented
        Editing a comment
        Wizard, hows the air up there on that high road?

• Wizard of Coz
        Wizard of Coz commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice and fresh non polluted.

• Marc Andre
        Marc Andre commented
        Editing a comment
        But what are we gonna talk about then?? Boost talk is my #1 hobby!!!

If people can't take playing 2 rounds a week without boost then so be it, let them set up their own society and use as much as their heart desires. It's really not that hard to lock things down here. I agree with Wiz, how many people will really stop playing if they can't get the boost? no more than a couple i assume.

Comment

You know my opinion... NO!

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
          Wizard of Coz commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol cause you can't! Your balls got measles!

• birdie
          birdie commented
          Editing a comment
          even if i could it would make absolutely no sense

• Marc Andre
          Marc Andre commented
          Editing a comment
          birdie you already have boost....you play pinnacles balls with measle!

From my understanding, uneekor has no ability to adjust the settings. If all launch monitors can't adjust, none should

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
          Wizard of Coz commented
          Editing a comment
          Somebody said if they bought the expensive package they can????

• Thundergolf
          Thundergolf commented
          Editing a comment
          Do u know this for certain? Haven't heard of anyone adjusting settings with uneekor.

Alas, the few spoil it for the many. No boost. Straight putting is safe though don't panic.

Comment

I vote no alterations

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
            Wizard of Coz commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you even play?

No alterations for sure. If it isn't a big deal why even have it?

Comment

• R3dlineR6
            R3dlineR6 commented
            Editing a comment
            Jwheels9876 Agreed 100%. Especially unfair for those who cannot even use it. Based on what I'm reading, the new interface might be tested this week and will auto DQ those who don't play within the current rules. Hopefully they can set up the new interface to auto DQ anyone who makes any alterations because it's what 99% of the community wants anyway.

• Iquinn4
            Iquinn4 commented
            Editing a comment
            The reason for my DQ was proving a point about how ridiculous your antics are and the use of 5% boost and selective boosting and claiming everything you do is “not against the rules”. There are a lot of things that aren’t written in the protee society rules. I don’t see anywhere where it says you can’t tee a ball up in the fairway in those rules. It’s common sense. Adding 5% to my wedges, 2% to my woods, and -2% to my driver and selecting the club that would help the most regardless of the name of the club was to prove a point. You do it every tournament, I did it once to prove a point. Maybe it was a little over the line but I’d say the discussion has definitely progressed in a meaningful way. Pretty sure I started a similar thread about boost a couple months ago so you are wrong there too. I just protee has better reasoning than you do and will listen to their community about creating a level playing field. These responses are pretty overwhelming against boost.

You saying you only use it on 4i is a joke. There are multiple streams where you have hybrid selected and hit a shot that carries less than 180 and is pin high. I know you’re a 🧚‍♀️🧙‍♀️ but even you aren’t that much of a puss.
            Last edited by Iquinn4; 01-21-2020, 12:45 AM.

• Wizard of Coz
            Wizard of Coz commented
            Editing a comment
            Your so sweet Iquinn. I remember you teeing up every shot from tee to green and streaming it. Im not sure what your point was and what you expected but DQ was deservedIMO. As for your 5%, 2% and -2% that has nothing to do with my settings. Ive had 5% on my woods for quite sometime competing with others that are using 5%. Hybrid chases to 250 yards so I choose to hit 4iron only with 5% to narrow the gap. You keep on and on with studying my shot recording. You don't know the quality of the strike and you don't even know what club im hitting. You do know i'm not teeing the ball up from the fairway.
            Again only one of us been DQed for rules infraction and it's not Wizard.
            Just get better Ian your just too much.

No for sure. Thinking of buying this game and cheating really turns me off.

Comment

No to boosting

Comment

Cant wait to see the change and it have ZERO impact on the leaderboards. My bet is the same players at the top with 5% boost will be the same players at the top without it.

Comment

• mthunt
                mthunt commented
                Editing a comment
                If there’s no boost Discord will go out of business from inactivity.

• Marc Andre
                Marc Andre commented
                Editing a comment
                😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

• Mxwoodman
                Mxwoodman commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree 100% with this and it has already been proven for the most part - I played both TGC and JNPG same people at the top and seemed about the same across the board. When I get back to golf speed (off 6 months no golf and upgrading the sim) I'll play the new tour and I'll still suck and be in the same position on the board with or without boost.

No Boost.... Pretty sad that guys have to boost to make their ego's larger......

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
                Wizard of Coz commented
                Editing a comment
                My ego is large with or without 5%. I think my ego grew after our live match.

• Marc Andre
                Marc Andre commented
                Editing a comment
                🧚🧝..........

I’m gonna vote no. But I think anyone using it to their advantage rather than to level the playing field due to space constraints or issues with ST ball speed is a wimp and should have trouble sleeping at night for causing threads like this all over the forum and discord.
              -KillaCale8

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
                Wizard of Coz commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks like the only guaranteed level playing field is 5%. Most uneekor players aren't offered that 5% luxury. It will be interesting to see everybody's settings after the update.

• calebm1001
                calebm1001 commented
                Editing a comment
                It seems that way after all these comments. I don’t know if the majority of users realized people were using it for shits and giggles.

Is the next update right around the corner? Will it include more than just insights into people’s boost settings?

• Wizard of Coz
                Wizard of Coz commented
                Editing a comment
                I think it will show %settings and hopefully putting setting. I haven't seen it yet. Waiting like everybody else. Keep hearing soon???

It's time for the boost to go away

Comment

Working...
              X