Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

How to turn on SHOT RECORDING

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to turn on SHOT RECORDING

    Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile.
    Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q-School event in order for your tournament user profile to be created on golfsimulatortours.com .



    TGC includes a SETTINGS file.

    You can edit this file using the TGC Dashboard.
    Skytrak users have a shortcut icon installed on the Windows Desktop: SkyTrak TGC Settings.

    Important: Make sure the server or any other interface program is not running.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	dashboard.jpg Views:	1 Size:	155.2 KB ID:	89551


    This settings file contains a section: [TGC Online].
    Here you find:

    Shot Recording=OFF
    USER ID=<YOUR USER ID> eg. AAAA-1234-CCCC-5678-EEEE


    1] Turn on Shot Recording by changing Shot Recording=OFF to Shot Recording=ON. Save the file.

    2] Copy the USER ID.

    3] Edit your Forum user profile and paste the USER ID in the field: TGC User ID.

    4] Edit the field TGC Nickname in your forum user profile. Make sure its EXACTLY the same as the nickname you use in TGC (case sensitive).

    5] Save you forum profile and hit a couple of test shots on a random course.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	forumprofile.jpg Views:	1 Size:	37.7 KB ID:	89552

    You will find the recordings on http://golfsimulatortours.com under your tour player profile.

  • I’m trying to change my name on TGC to ek36. I’ve updated in my user settings.
    I also updated the skytrak config.txt, updated my name, saved the file. I also changed it in the skytrak tgc dashboard.
    but somehow the name in the config.txt file resets to my full name.
    Why is it resetting or am I missing a step?

    SOLVED! Was doing it wrong
    Check out this post, Thanks Wizard of Coz
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...me-to-nickname
    Last edited by Jitzking; 03-18-2021, 03:39 AM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jitzking View Post
      I’m trying to change my name on TGC to ek36. I’ve updated in my user settings.
      I also updated the skytrak config.txt, updated my name, saved the file. I also changed it in the skytrak tgc dashboard.
      but somehow the name in the config.txt file resets to my full name.
      Why is it resetting or am I missing a step?

      SOLVED! Was doing it wrong
      Check out this post, Thanks Wizard of Coz
      https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...me-to-nickname
      Not yet solved. I did manage to change my name in TGC, but is it supposed to update my Tour name?
      I just finished WGC Dell and I see my old name in the rankings. How do I change this?

      Comment


    • I wanted to make sure I setup my account correctly for online play. I have Recording set to On and saved and entered in both fields here like stated. I played a random round myself and wanted to make sure my account shows up? When I search it doesn't display. Should be under "Craig Bilsky"

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Craig Bilsky View Post
        I wanted to make sure I setup my account correctly for online play. I have Recording set to On and saved and entered in both fields here like stated. I played a random round myself and wanted to make sure my account shows up? When I search it doesn't display. Should be under "Craig Bilsky"
        If it was just a casual round I don't think you'll show up. The database is for tour players. Play some online rounds first and then you'll see it.

        Comment


      • Little question :

        4] Edit the field TGC Nickname in your forum user profile. Make sure its EXACTLY the same as the nickname you use in TGC (case sensitive).

        In my TGC Settings is my full name. Where can i find my nickname in TGC19 and have i change this in the config too ?!?!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by maerzer View Post
          Little question :

          4] Edit the field TGC Nickname in your forum user profile. Make sure its EXACTLY the same as the nickname you use in TGC (case sensitive).

          In my TGC Settings is my full name. Where can i find my nickname in TGC19 and have i change this in the config too ?!?!
          Not that you can’t get things to work properly on your own, but email protee support and they will hook you up. I struggled mightily for a month or two, attempting every known combo to get SR to show up for me, but in the end I believe it was a software/license issue. Needless to say, I got a support engineer to remotely configure things on my computer, and 5mins after he had access, my shots were finally being recorded.

          Again, I followed every minute detail in the instructional, to a T, and even messed with countless other possible issues to get the right combination of names, nicknames, etc. but nothing worked. Seriously, reach out to Protee, they will get it working very quick. FWIW, the support guy seemed to be messing with my Prev Shot screen(the one that appears after each shot, showing ball data), he kept re-displaying the last shot several times over, almost as if he was manually exporting the shot data, to establish a link to the SimTours site. I’m fairly confident, had this session not occurred from his end, no amount of manipulation on my end, by anyone not a Protee tech, could have got this straightened out. As always, ymmv. Good luck!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by maerzer View Post
            Little question :

            4] Edit the field TGC Nickname in your forum user profile. Make sure its EXACTLY the same as the nickname you use in TGC (case sensitive).

            In my TGC Settings is my full name. Where can i find my nickname in TGC19 and have i change this in the config too ?!?!
            Based on what you wrote here, the missing step for you appears to be adding your full name as displayed in TGC to the forum profile here on this site. The field in your profile is called TGC nickname, but because you’ve used your full name in the game, use the same here.

            Comment


            • For some reason my user name reset to my real name and the clubs in my bag reset to the default. I noticed shots were not recording. I reset my username in the Home Screen and settings and shot recording is on, but I don’t see any recent shots being recorded. Any advice?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Godfather View Post
                For some reason my user name reset to my real name and the clubs in my bag reset to the default. I noticed shots were not recording. I reset my username in the Home Screen and settings and shot recording is on, but I don’t see any recent shots being recorded. Any advice?
                Please update to the latest patch version:
                https://download.protee-united.com/patch/431.exe

                Thank you!

                Comment


                • Wizard of Coz
                  Wizard of Coz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just giving Carlo the business.

                • Jonnytroon
                  Jonnytroon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Two problems I'm having with the patch, hoping someone can help. When I click on the link, I get this error "download.protee-united.com took too long to respond" and will not do anything. I had someone send me the file, halfway thru setup I get another error "an error has occurred" and I get the option to retry or cancel. No matter how many times I hit retry, it will not advance past that spot. Current version of TGC2019 is 4.0.7. HELP!!!

                • ProTee United
                  ProTee United commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Try loading the page https://download.protee-united.com in your webbrowser. If you see a blank page then all should work, otherwise the server has detected too many connections from your computer and you need to prove you're human. If that fails contact support for alternative download methods.

              • I'm not sure if it is what caused this, but there is an annoying bug in TGC that causes your user data to all reset to default (discussed here). If you ever start the game and leave it on the loading screen for more than approximately a minute before clicking into the first menu, it resets all your profile data to the defaults (character clothing, appearance, clubs, etc.). What happened to you sounds a bit like this. Unless you backed up your profile folder somewhere previously, there's no way to restore it other than to manually reconfigure everything. If you did do a backup of your profile folder, you can just copy the old profile file back to its original location and everything will come back. I don't recall that this bug causes shot recording to stop working, so you may be experiencing something different, but it's close enough I thought I'd mention it.

                Originally posted by Godfather View Post
                For some reason my user name reset to my real name and the clubs in my bag reset to the default. I noticed shots were not recording. I reset my username in the Home Screen and settings and shot recording is on, but I don’t see any recent shots being recorded. Any advice?

                Comment


                • I am having some issues with shot recording. I had it working at some point and now I noticed that is it not recording any longer. In my config file I have shot recording turned on and my user id entered that matches my user id in my user profile. The only difference that I see is my user name in the settings file. The user name in my settings file is Joshua Smit. My nickname used in TGC and on GolfSimulatorTours is TheJoshuaPlan though. When I tried changing the settings file to use "TheJoshuaPlan" it keeps reverting back to "Joshua Smit". Is this accurate? How can I get this working?
                  Last edited by Joshsmit56001; 02-09-2022, 03:32 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Joshsmit56001 View Post
                    I am having some issues with shot recording. I had it working at some point and now I noticed that is it not recording any longer. In my config file I have shot recording turned on and my user id entered that matches my user id in my user profile. The only difference that I see is my user name in the settings file. The user name in my settings file is Joshua Smit. My nickname used in TGC and on GolfSimulatorTours is TheJoshuaPlan though. When I tried changing the settings file to use "TheJoshuaPlan" it keeps reverting back to "Joshua Smit". Is this accurate? How can I get this working?
                    Nevermind about this, I somehow managed to get it working

                    Comment


                    • My name still hasn't appear on the tours page. I'll appreciate is someone from support can look into this for me. Thanks

                      Comment


                    • Thank you!!!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X