This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to turn on SHOT RECORDING

Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile.
    Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q-School event in order for your tournament user profile to be created on golfsimulatortours.com .

TGC includes a SETTINGS file.

You can edit this file using the TGC Dashboard.
    Skytrak users have a shortcut icon installed on the Windows Desktop: SkyTrak TGC Settings.

Important: Make sure the server or any other interface program is not running.

Click image for larger version  Name:	dashboard.jpg Views:	1 Size:	155.2 KB ID:	89551

This settings file contains a section: [TGC Online].
    Here you find:

Shot Recording=OFF
    USER ID=<YOUR USER ID> eg. AAAA-1234-CCCC-5678-EEEE

1] Turn on Shot Recording by changing Shot Recording=OFF to Shot Recording=ON. Save the file.

2] Copy the USER ID.

3] Edit your Forum user profile and paste the USER ID in the field: TGC User ID.

4] Edit the field TGC Nickname in your forum user profile. Make sure its EXACTLY the same as the nickname you use in TGC (case sensitive).

5] Save you forum profile and hit a couple of test shots on a random course.

Click image for larger version  Name:	forumprofile.jpg Views:	1 Size:	37.7 KB ID:	89552

You will find the recordings on http://golfsimulatortours.com under your tour player profile.

Originally posted by Captargo View Post
    Hi
    how can you tell if shot recording is setup properly?

read the instructions many times, thought I had set it up correctly, but appears I didn't.
    tgc player name (in Tgc) entered into forum profile (under Tgc nickname) and Tgc user id (xxxx-xxxx etc from Tgc settings file) entered into the forum profile (under Tgc user id)

Seeing my name in the tour players directory but getting errors when I try to click on it to drill down.
    Seeing my scores for last two tour events and can see my scores for two q-school rounds I did today (did things a little backward, tried a couple of tour events before starting q-school)

thanks
    Click on your name on the leaderboard then click recorded shots. If there's data it works
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Comment

thanks
      when click name on the leaderboard I see player profile with the "scorecard" for the 18 holes
      dont see anything to click for "recorded shots"?
      flag now shows as Canadian rather than USA so maybe I changed something today, after my rounds, and shot recording will work going forward?

Comment

can see info under player profile now that I wasn't able to see before so looks like setup correctly now. No shots recorded but guessing will see something after playing next round. No data under my player profile for first two tournaments played even though name appears in the leaderboard for those tournaments

Comment

• ProTee United
          ProTee United commented
          Editing a comment
          All looks OK. Hit a couple of test shots on a random course and check your golfsimulatortours.com profile to find out if it records.

Originally posted by Captargo View Post
        can see info under player profile now that I wasn't able to see before so looks like setup correctly now. No shots recorded but guessing will see something after playing next round. No data under my player profile for first two tournaments played even though name appears in the leaderboard for those tournaments
        2 sites. Golfsimulatorforum and Golfsimulatortours. The leaderboard I referred to is on the site we are on. It opens the player profile in golfsimulatortours. On that site look at players and click on your name. Recorded shots are there.
        My Courses:
        World Par 3's by mthunt
        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
        Weston G&CC by mthunt
        Park CC Lidar mthunt
        The National GC L mthunt
        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
        Markland Woods CC mthunt
        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
        Magna GC L mthunt
        Barrie CC L mthunt
        mthunt Range

Comment

Playing tomorrow so will check to confirm shot recording is now working

Earlier in the day,I was using an iPad and I could access the player profile details through the leaderboard via golfsimulatortours. However on golfsimulatorforum, with the iPad, I couldn't and can't seem to scroll past page 1 of any leaderboard. The leaderboard disappears and a cryptic error is displayed?
          Tonight, I tried using a laptop and it works - no error message and able to scroll through the leaderboard via golfsimulatorforum

Little confusing, for me, but with some trial and error and help from both of you, think I am good now.
          Thanks for the help.

Comment

Three rounds of q-school today - shot recording working
            also a few shots on the mthunts driving range in the shot recording as well
            thanks again guys for the help

Comment

I'd take any tips on this as well. Been set up for a few weeks now, finished both q-school events, and i haven't been able to find my tgc/forum username show up anywhere. Shot recording is on, user id has been copied and pasted into forum tgc id, been using the same username for everything but I am nowhere to be found. If anyone can help out, I'm out of ideas. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdizzy View Post
                I'd take any tips on this as well. Been set up for a few weeks now, finished both q-school events, and i haven't been able to find my tgc/forum username show up anywhere. Shot recording is on, user id has been copied and pasted into forum tgc id, been using the same username for everything but I am nowhere to be found. If anyone can help out, I'm out of ideas. Thanks
                I don’t see a farmdizzy listed on the tour. Is that the tour name?
                My Courses:
                World Par 3's by mthunt
                Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                Weston G&CC by mthunt
                Park CC Lidar mthunt
                The National GC L mthunt
                Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                Markland Woods CC mthunt
                Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                Magna GC L mthunt
                Barrie CC L mthunt
                mthunt Range

Comment

Yes thats my tour name. Im not sure why it isn't showing up anywhere

Comment

• Farmdizzy
                    Farmdizzy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've read and re-read how to set up for online play, played q-school, double checked my usernames and Licence key, last thing I just tried was going back into my settings file on TGC (where I turned on shot recording) and changed my name on there from my real name to Farmdizzy...

• mthunt
                    mthunt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Even without shot recording you should show up on the leaderboard. I suggest you open a ticket with protee.

• Farmdizzy
                    Farmdizzy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ok, i'll go that route. Thanks for the help!

• ProTee United any ideas on what i've got mixed up? Thanks in advance

Comment

• Farmdizzy
                    Farmdizzy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    caldiver we seem to be the only people that can't get it figured out haha. Im just about to play the 2 rounds at bethpage again. I do have my TGC user id xxx-xxx-xxx-xxxx copied and pasted to my forum settings, as well as using my username on tgc (Farmdizzy) for both in game play and my account in the forum. Guess I'll give it another go and see if something magically corrects itself. Shot recording is set to on as well. I'm not using skytrak so that might be a little different, but from what I can see, everything I have done is what all these forums say to do... I'll keep you posted. Good Luck

• Farmdizzy
                    Farmdizzy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    caldiver Just logged in before I started playing and checked the OnlineTours page and my name is there now! It's not showing much for info, anything on recorded shots, and it says I'm from USA instead of Canada, but its a start. Gonna hit some shots and see if the shot recording is working. (fingers crossed)

• caldiver
                    caldiver commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey - I forgot to update this comment thread, but it's working for me now. Check out the last few posts of this thread: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...t-find-my-info

Basically there were 4 separate Q School events in the Tournament list (2 for Magnolia / 2 for Bethpage). To us, they all look the same, and I was playing the older versions that correlate to the 2017/2018 season and were closed (again, this is not visible to the end user). Protee activated those other 2 Q School events and now a user can play any of the 4 and it will work as we'd expect. If you STILL are not seeing your name in the Tour Players list, there must be something else going on...

• Farmdizzy Did you actually copy over your in-game TGC name to the field in your forum user profile? See attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Views:	401
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	177519

Comment

• Farmdizzy
                    Farmdizzy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    caldiver Yes, I have my in-game name the same as my TGC Nickname. The only thing different is I have my country set to Canada. I hit a few shots on a random course and went back onto the tours page to look myself up, and all of my shots are recorded there for viewing, so I guess she's up and running now other than my Flag being wrong

• Nice!!! I think ProTee has to change the flag for you.

Comment

• I have followed the directions to a tee and for some reason I can not get the shot recording to work.

Comment

• mthunt
                      mthunt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Open a ticket with ProTee support. They’ll show you what’s wrong

• I've got shot recording on in my settings but I can't see my shots even though I've finished 4 rounds of Q-school. Any help ProTee United ? Will this delay my handicap calculation if the shots aren't recording?

Comment

• Hi guys any help? ProTee United Please see my post above

Comment

Working...
                    X