Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTERTOUR - The Genesis Open playing 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Green) - 6836y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-genesis-open
See more
See less

Launch angle too low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launch angle too low

At first it was just the driver launch angle stuck at 2 degrees on good hits. Seems to be spreading to long irons also. I tried a gross adjustment to the Vcam to see what the impact would be, no change which I thought was weird. I'll try cleaning the lense on the Vcam next, any other ideas? I also tried the driver offset setting, changed it from 5 to 10, different tee heights, no change.

What is the Vcam showing? Nothing or does it show low launch. If it shows low launch, what is causing it? Can you change the settings in the Vcam setting and camera devices settings?

Comment

Check your settings as Stonebattle says and make sure it is around 40fps. Can you post a pic of what your capture "streak" looks like? Make sure your v cam red line is level/parallel with your sensor mat. Are you only getting "2deg" or does it also read 3...4...7...etc? If the v cam fails to capture a good streak it will default to it's default launch angle depending on club selection. However driver is 10.5 i believe....definitely not 2. Make sure your lighting is set up as Protee recommends, have a completely black background from behind the ball to screen opposite the v cam, and keep your ambient lighting down. If you can't get it working open up a support ticket with Protee .. ..they are lighting fast and have the best support on the planet.

Comment

Framerate of both the Vcam and Hcam were cranked up to max, about 60 and 70 fps respectively. I changed them to around 40 fps, haven't had a single misread since. I also hung a dark tapestry in the background, but tried with and without it, no misreads. Thanks for the framerate tip.

Comment

Glad you fixed it. I usually check the frame rate before each round because I have the older cameras. I don't mind doing it, but apparently the newer cameras are hassle free and never need adjusting.

Comment

Working...
          X