Fitness Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitness Golf

Just to let everyone know that the Fitness Golf software is now integrated with the SkyTrak hardware. You can visit the SkyTrak website and learn all about it under the "Simulation" options.

Aero is a jnpg gc2 guy these days. There is nothing else out there that can compete, according to them... yawn

OP has some really great stuff going on here, good luck brotha...

Comment

i will buy one if you buy one gary and smiling dog and i will get the skytrak thats out of state
      shipped back to me and try it out, I am game if you guys are. just because i play on a different game and on a different machine does not mean i don't still own them. i have no problem helping a business out.
      Last edited by aeroburner; 10-09-2017, 07:33 AM.

Comment

areoburner is a cool dude...but to disagree with him about the skytrak - I think it is great and I see not reason to buy a CG2 - take that areoburner. HEHEHE. I do think the software has merit. Here is a question. Can someone just load the software on a PC and use it only in fitness mode and ride along the golf courses using their stationary bike?

Since winter is coming that would be worth something to me perhaps. I already have TCG, E6 and Jack - so not sure if I have time for another sim.

Comment

Originally posted by penrose View Post
          areoburner is a cool dude...but to disagree with him about the skytrak - I think it is great and I see not reason to buy a CG2 - take that areoburner. HEHEHE. I do think the software has merit. Here is a question. Can someone just load the software on a PC and use it only in fitness mode and ride along the golf courses using their stationary bike?

Since winter is coming that would be worth something to me perhaps. I already have TCG, E6 and Jack - so not sure if I have time for another sim.
          Yes, of course, that is what "Fitness Only" mode is in the software as seen in the video here: http://www.fitnessgolf.net/
          However, keep in mind that in order to use any modes of the Fitness Golf software, the software needs to first establish a connection with your SkyTrak unit.

Comment

Are you able to play live rounds with others online? or only local players?

Comment

• fitness golfer
              fitness golfer commented
              Editing a comment
              As of now, only local players.

Just read a little of your doc on software setup. Is it correct to assume you can play all courses off line? And one more question.....Is the distance boost option independently set for each player or the same for everyone in the group?

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
              Just read a little of your doc on software setup. Is it correct to assume you can play all courses off line? And one more question.....Is the distance boost option independently set for each player or the same for everyone in the group?
              Answers:

1. Correct, you do not need an internet connection to play the courses and use the software once all of the courses have been downloaded and installed initially. Your SkyTrak will need to be connected to the internet one time in order to update your SkyTrak user profile and download the flags that allow your SkyTrak to use the Fitness Golf software.

2. The shot boost option is set before the round is played and will apply to all players for that round until it is changed. You can change the boost function once a round is started but then the next player will need to change it again for their shot. This only takes 5 seconds to do but could become tedious if all players use separate boosts because this function is not saved per player. Keep in mind that most Fitness Golf courses do have multiple tee box options to accommodate players of different hitting lengths.
              Last edited by fitness golfer; 10-09-2017, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• Whiskeyjack
                Whiskeyjack commented
                Editing a comment
                The ability to download all courses and not have to use an internet hook-up during use is a great option. There has been a lot of interest for this throughout this forum for the various sim packages. I think only TGC offers that now and only on a limited number of courses. This is definitely a plus for your product.
                Is the boost only during game play? Or can it be used at the ranges? Also is the boost cover all clubs in your bag or are irons fw woods and driver set different? I ask this because there has been a lot of discussions on the forum about Skytrak and distance error with longer distance clubs like fw woods and driver.
                And finally, sorry for all the questions, how does setting your distances for different clubs (page 6) affect club distance or play?

• fitness golfer
                fitness golfer commented
                Editing a comment
                The driving range is selected in the software just like any other course and the boost settings work on the driving range. You can also jump to any hole and practice any shot as many times as you wish and change the boost settings as needed. The boost setting applies the same to all clubs. Under player settings, inputting the average distances you hit the various clubs has no effect on the actual game play distances because the SkyTrak is measuring exactly what the ball is doing. The purpose of setting your average club distances is for when you want to manually select a club and have the MiniMap show where your average shot would land on the hole. This helps you avoid water hazards, OB, traps etc.

Do you have a video showing recent course creations? From the link to the courses included that's on the fitness golf website, most are from 2008-2012.
              Originally posted by fitness golfer View Post

To answer your questions:

1. The Fitness Golf software uses the Red Chain courses and we include 160 of them. The more recent course creations are graphically much superior to the early creations and you would be impressed playing these. Our software is great for those that want to use the fitness modes or those that just want to golf without exercise. Certainly don't want to make this into a software bashing comparison but we own The Golf Club software and TruGolf E6 and the Fitness Golf software compares favorably with both. Each has their pluses and minuses but you would really be impressed with our ball flight characteristics.

[/URL].

Comment

Originally posted by wbond View Post
                Do you have a video showing recent course creations? From the link to the courses included that's on the fitness golf website, most are from 2008-2012.

I can't remember if our main video shows some of the more recent courses. We tried to include in this video some of the more famous courses and/or visually appealing ones. More Fitness Golf videos can be seen here: http://www.fitnessgolf.net/videos.html and here: http://www.fitnessgolf.net/more-videos.html. Here is a link to a list of the most recent course creations: http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/wgc2011/courses/

You'll notice that many of the course designers are the same names over and over. This is because they create the best and most realistic courses. Keep in mind, the Fitness Golf software includes the full course creator that created all of the courses on the above site, and any newly created courses are instantly usable with the Fitness Golf software. So, anyone that is up for creating their favorite course can do this. If you want to download the free version of the PC game to look at and play the courses available, you can download the World Golf Challenge 2011 link found at the top of this page: http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/wgc2011/utilities.htm
                You can then follow the instructions in that download to download any courses you wish to play on the PC game. To try any of the Portal courses, you would need to download the 2nd file on the above link which is the Red Chain Portal file. You can then ask for a free activation code on that site's forum to download and play the portal courses. Hope this helps!

Comment

• Kevin_C
                  Kevin_C commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What player formats are available for play. I especially want to play scramble format. Is this available

• fitness golfer
                  fitness golfer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The game formats are listed under our description on the SkyTrak site and they include: Stroke Play, Match Play, Skins, Stableford, and Modified Stableford. No scramble format .

That’s too bad

Comment

Does JNPG have scramble format for local play?

Comment

• Stingreye
                    Stingreye commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes 2 vs 2 or 4 man. Even has greensome. Still need an internet connection though.

Originally posted by wbond View Post

Keep in mind that the Fitness Golf software has taken the original Red Chain software and added all of the fitness options as well as improved upon some of the regular game play options. This original Red Chain software was used and sold by ~10 simulator companies at one point including: Foresight, Protee, Sports Coach, P3ProSwing, GSA, OptiGolf, VSS, Golfotron, IGS. It is still sold by multiple simulator companies in the original form with many fewer courses offered than we do, without the fitness options or game improvements, and for far more than we are selling it for.
                  Last edited by fitness golfer; 10-10-2017, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroburner View Post
                    i will buy one if you buy one gary and smiling dog and i will get the skytrak thats out of state
                    shipped back to me and try it out, I am game if you guys are. just because i play on a different game and on a different machine does not mean i don't still own them. i have no problem helping a business out.
                    Yes, and you could send videos to each other to see who looks the "silliest".

Comment

A pretty cool concept, something I may look at in the future. Since I would probably walk between shots, the only thing I keep thinking about is that I can now make a simulated round more like a real round by taking 4 hours to play!

Comment

Originally posted by Lgnir View Post
                        A pretty cool concept, something I may look at in the future. Since I would probably walk between shots, the only thing I keep thinking about is that I can now make a simulated round more like a real round by taking 4 hours to play!
                        I know you're joking, but if you use the Auto-Putt feature you could probably play a Fitness Golf round by walking only in about 2 hours. A Fitness Golf round by biking only can take as little as an hour. Or, you could walk some of the holes and bike the others. I like to use the bike for all distances over 150 yards and run for distances under 150 yards for a full work-out.

Comment

• wbond
                          wbond commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Does the adapter connector to both the shoe attachment and bike attachment at the same time? Do you have to do anything to switch between the two?

• fitness golfer
                          fitness golfer commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The foot pod attaches to your shoelaces and is used for both running and walking. The bike sensor attaches to your bike for biking. If you are riding the bike while wearing the foot pod, the biking motion does not send any data from the foot pod to the Fitness Golf software so only the biking distance/speed is recorded. This is why you can wear the foot pod and choose to walk/run some holes and bike others. No need to switch between the two sensors, the data will automatically be transmitted.
                      Working...
                      X