Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skills assessment still sucks

Here is a list of issues/improvements:

1) Adjusting yardages is tedious--there needs to be a better way (5 yard increments with larger +/- buttons?)
    2) Need the ability to save multiple skill assessment types (short, mid, long game)
    3) Why is there a limit on the number yardages in an assessment?
    4) Randomized assessment: Ability to set to "random" and allow skytrak to send you to X amount of different yardage targets

I'm not pulling these ideas out of thin air--many have asked for these features in the past.

I don’t think the guys from SkyTrak/SkyGolf are on this forum. Not sure if your message gets to its destination.

Comment

SkyTrak_Seth has over 1050 posts to this forum, so I think that it's safe to say that ST are on this forum.

Comment

Good 2 know

Comment

Yes, the Skytrak gods are always listening, always watching. Hopefully our prayers....errrm, I mean forum posts will be answered.

Comment

Seth, and there was another person who had a couple posts here a while back....... So, yes they are here, and, ....... Big Brother is watching !!!! lol

Comment

"He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake...."

Many of those enhancements are planned. Just have other things that need to come first. We limited the yardage numbers to avoid potential issues with missed shots (particularly on the short end because we don't put the unit is putt/chip mode in the skytrak app yet). But that will change.

Comment

• Clevited
                Clevited commented
                Editing a comment
                I feel more of a Metallica Enter Sandman vibe from you guys lol.

this has been noted before but i think a random skill / yardage would would be good... even in normal driving range mode. pick multiple clubs (maybe 5 at most at any one time) and then the app will randomly pick the club and yardage... keeps it interesting

Comment

I use the skills assessment quite a bit. The suggested changes would be appreciated (saved challenges, random etc). The biggest issue for me is that the Dynamic Handicap is linear, and as such far to punishing for low handicap golfers. Forum regular jamesjames has posted a Skytrak to Trackman handcap converter (linked) and I tend to mentally convert most of the time.

As a guideline, an average PGA tour pro (+6) averages about 5.5% from the hole from 100 to 160 yards in the fairway. A scratch player (0 obviously) averages about 7.5%. I believe a 10 handicap is somewhere around 10-11%. Of course, that is under real playing conditions, with wind, and includes the fact that the target is not always the pin.

Taking a wild guess, I'd say that each of those would be a about 30%+ lower in a Skytrak skills assessment situation due to hitting off mat, no wind, repeat targets etc.

Overall, I appreciate efforts that have gone into skills assessment so far, and look forward to future improvements.
                Tracking shots is great and provides a wealth of data. However, the Trackman Combine test makes you focus on a target and puts you under pre...

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
                  SkyTrak_Seth commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's very useful - thanks! (and thanks @jamesjames). We are currently looking at our dynamic handicap system and will certainly use this in our thinking.

The Skytrak skills assesment needs work for sure. When distances are set to metric it is a mess. Some columns are in feet some, in yards and others in meters. Often with the incorrect headings. This problem has existed for over a year now. I love my Skytrak but as this function requires an annual fee I think it is time this simple programming issue was resolved.

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
                  SkyTrak_Seth commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow, I thought that was resolved a long time ago - thank you for bringing it to my attention. I apologize and will have that resolved in this release.

• SkyTrak_Seth
                  SkyTrak_Seth commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is there anywhere else in the app that you notice issues with metric values? (be sure to tag me so I see it)

• Bh_71
                  Bh_71 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Totally agree. Hopefully this will be solved asap.
                  Makes you wonder all the time if the data shown is correct at all.

Originally posted by lazyjack View Post
                The Skytrak skills assesment needs work for sure. When distances are set to metric it is a mess. Some columns are in feet some, in yards and others in meters. Often with the incorrect headings. This problem has existed for over a year now. I love my Skytrak but as this function requires an annual fee I think it is time this simple programming issue was resolved.
                That's where I am too. There is a super steep fee required to use the ST and the development queue has about 10 features (not just for skills assessment) that are constantly requested but are never addressed. Performance is huge but at some point you have to give users what they've been asking for for years. Like is asking for height on the range that big of a deal?

Comment

I needed to see both the side spin and the spin axis today. Unfortunately switching is very lengthy, you need to go into practice setting there to change it.
                  I think it would be much more effective and user-friendly if it were possible to change the data directly on the main screen (e.g. by using a double-click on that icon).
                  The same solution would be good for ball speed and club speed (switching between MPH and KMH).

I think there would be more things that could be improved to make them user-friendly.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

Comment

• Shardak
                    Shardak commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Do you really need side-spin though? It doesnt really exist...the ball spins in one direction. Spin Axis is the only "real" value. Side spin is useless!

Originally posted by Mirek_62 View Post
                  I needed to see both the side spin and the spin axis today. Unfortunately switching is very lengthy, you need to go into practice setting there to change it.
                  I think it would be much more effective and user-friendly if it were possible to change the data directly on the main screen (e.g. by using a double-click on that icon).
                  The same solution would be good for ball speed and club speed (switching between MPH and KMH).

I think there would be more things that could be improved to make them user-friendly.

That's a really good idea about the spin axis/side spin tap. I'll add that in.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyTrak_Seth View Post
                    That's a really good idea about the spin axis/side spin tap. I'll add that in.
                    I also find it really annoying that you need to be connected to your SkyTrak to configure things...

Comment

Originally posted by Mirek_62 View Post

I'll echo this, sidespin does not exist

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
                        SkyTrak_Seth commented
                        Editing a comment
                        See comment above

• Mirek_62
                        Mirek_62 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        So what was called rotation if the ball rotated from left to right or right to left?

• bennyg211
                        bennyg211 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It’s called spin axis, regardless of the ultimate vector, that’s the point. You don’t have top spin or side spin, you have spin axis. That axis could be rotating in purely the vertical or the horizontal vector and you could argue that is top or side spin, but anything else it’s not. There are an infinite number of vectors really, but limited to what the SkyTrak can measure I guess.
                    Working...
                    X