Now what? big issue, need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now what? big issue, need help.

Ok, I just received my unit back from Skygolf after a $350 repair that supposedly re-calibrated the unit and fixed some sensor modules that became unattached. I am now getting the top light to just go on and off out of shot mode. I am hooked up via USB to my PC which has never been an issue in two years, it does this no matter what, on the Skytrak app, creative gold 3d, and TGC, I tested in the protective case and out of it, basically the unit is useless. Yes, I also tried on network mode as well, and the same results

This is unacceptable after a factory repair that I paid over $350 for, does anyone have a solution or advice before I call Skygolf tomorrow and rip them a new one because this unit was obviously not tested before it was sent out, it took almost a month to get this last repair done, and now I will probably have to send it in again.

This is BS!!!!!

Ken.

Here is a link to a video I took of the situation, hopefully it will work.

Ken.

Comment

i have a similar issue... haven't been at home lately to do further testing... inside the case, it blinks, but outside it works... always connected via usb. this is only a recent issue. i will test a few more things this weekend

Comment

• Spudly
        Spudly commented
        Editing a comment
        I would not be so upset if I had not just paid $350 for the repair, but this is just plain stupid. I cannot get it to do anything different no matter what I try, in the case, out, direct connect, USB, network, resetting it over and over, just nothing. Very very frustrating, I better get some answers tomorrow from Skytrak.

Originally posted by Spudly View Post
      Ok, I just received my unit back from Skygolf after a $350 repair that supposedly re-calibrated the unit and fixed some sensor modules that became unattached. I am now getting the top light to just go on and off out of shot mode. I am hooked up via USB to my PC which has never been an issue in two years, it does this no matter what, on the Skytrak app, creative gold 3d, and TGC, I tested in the protective case and out of it, basically the unit is useless. Yes, I also tried on network mode as well, and the same results

This is unacceptable after a factory repair that I paid over $350 for, does anyone have a solution or advice before I call Skygolf tomorrow and rip them a new one because this unit was obviously not tested before it was sent out, it took almost a month to get this last repair done, and now I will probably have to send it in again.

This is BS!!!!!

Ken.
      I would call and send it back ASAP! Then ask how long before your loaner one will be there at your house.

Comment

• Spudly
        Spudly commented
        Editing a comment
        Been on the phone all morning with them so far, now a professional technician is supposed to call me back, they have the video link I sent so we will see.

Not happy.

Ok, now that I have complained I have to also step up and say that Skygolf's customer service and tech support have agreed to send me a replacement unit at no charge. Big shout out to Walter who was very helpful throughout this process.

Thanks.

Ken.

Comment

• triplebogeysrbetter
        triplebogeysrbetter commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope it all works out.

• Greasegun
        Greasegun commented
        Editing a comment
        Let us know how your new unit works

Wow, what a struggle! Hopefully all is good now, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
      X