Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @allen2be (NET) and @Marc Andre (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - The Players Championship !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - Valspar Championship with 2 rounds at New Mississaugua G&CC white : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-championship
See more
See less

TGC 2019 No free upgrade?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2019 No free upgrade?

Just got off live chat with Skytrak support:
    "The compatibility of TGC 2019 and our website/social media will be updated when that is available.
    We are not sure what costs are involved at this time whether it will be free update or not."

This is making me hold off on purchasing TGC.

Have you contacted the makers of TGC? From my understanding, anyone who purchases the product before the end of the year would automatically get the upgrade at no cost.

Comment

I only contacted Skytrak, maybe someone here from TGC can chime in.

Comment

They said they will make an official announcement about this. This is standard they cant say yes or no until its official I guess. I specifically asked protee when I bought my TGC license in July 2018 and they said yes it would be free and thats why I bought it but made sure I saved the e-mail.

Comment

• htdumps
          htdumps commented
          Editing a comment
          I was looking to get the same type of documentation. Im itching to play but don't want to blow through $$$

• sherrow70
          sherrow70 commented
          Editing a comment
          Its getting so close now to release they must not be able to comment until its official. I am very confident that many owners will get the upgrade for free if not me personally will not be paying $1000 for a 2019 version.

Everything is different with Skytrak. You buy from them. It's up to Skytrak.

Comment

Here is a snippet of the terms and conditions we are working on:

Eligible for a free upgrade(*/**):
          - All TGC for Simulators Full license holders (original owners) when purchased between January 1, 2018 and the TGC2019 for Simulators official release day.
          - All active TGC for Simulators Annual subscriptions.
          - All TGC for Simulators "2nd hand" Full license holders who purchased a transfer package between Januari 1, 2018 and December 18, 2018.

The rest of the terms and conditions - including fine print - will be published very soon.

Comment

• janda21
            janda21 commented
            Editing a comment
            I know this has been discussed at great length on this forum, but like most I still feel a little uneasy about how the upgrade will impact me. I purchased my TGC license 4 months prior to the window specified in this post. I have been following this forum since I built my home simulator in September 2017. I have heard various rumors since early 2018 about the how the upgrade to TGC 2019 will work and like everyone else I am excited for the software release.

I held a winter golf league for 16 players last year and will be doing so again this year. I have been talking up TGC and how it was only going to be better with the upgrade to TGC 2019. I think the software is great and want to continue using it for my winter golf league with the upgrade to TGC 2019. Like everyone else, I am hoping I will be able to receive the upgrade. Thank you

ProTee United I did not want to chime in on this BUT here I am...I know you said this is just a snippet but what about folks that purchased before 1/1/2018? I know this has been addressed to death but still I wonder. Thank you for all you do. I am a Skytrak user BTW

Comment

• ProTee United
            ProTee United commented
            Editing a comment
            We will also take care of our active tour players and active forum contributors. Again, all details will be published soon.

One thing worth mentioning is that upgraded users will still be able to play the current version of TGC. So for new users if you buy now, you will end up with 2 great software packages

Comment

• Jwheels9876
            Jwheels9876 commented
            Editing a comment
            What if you are an original owner and get the upgrade to TGC 2019, would you be able to give away your original TGC to someone? I personally would probably never use the original again when the new one comes out and I wouldn't try to sell it if I got an upgrade to the new one. Is it transferable to someone for free or if they pay you the transfer fee or something?

• Whiskeyjack
            Whiskeyjack commented
            Editing a comment
            I would think It's one license with the use of 2 versions. If you give away your licence, you give away your right to use either.

• Jwheels9876
            Jwheels9876 commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol I didn't think of that... nevermind, I'll be keeping TGC 1

Originally posted by ProTee United View Post
          One thing worth mentioning is that upgraded users will still be able to play the current version of TGC. So for new users if you buy now, you will end up with 2 great software packages
          Awesome this is the info I wanted. Glad to have such good customer service!

Comment

ProTee United How long until I get my license?

Comment

• wbond
              wbond commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s usually pretty quick but they are in Europe so depending upon what time you bought, it may be the next day.

Originally posted by rjd1975 View Post
            ProTee United I did not want to chime in on this BUT here I am...I know you said this is just a snippet but what about folks that purchased before 1/1/2018? I know this has been addressed to death but still I wonder. Thank you for all you do. I am a Skytrak user BTW
            Edit: see protee’s comment below. I am wrong on my memory of tgc2. There was no promised free upgrade for tgc2. Sorry to create confusion.

Protee has been pretty consistent back to prior to the release of TGC2 not coming that the liftetime license would get upgraded for free. Even boasting about protee 2.0 users getting an upgrade to TGC1 for free and their long history of how the lifetime license worked. Many of us bought tgc1 with the promised free upgrade to TGC2 for free that never came and were assured that we would be taken care of when tgc2019 was released. I am sure that Protee won’t forget those of us that bought tgc1 when we were promised a free tgc2 upgrade.
            Last edited by Stingreye; 12-19-2018, 03:57 PM. Reason: Clarify I was wrong about tgc2

Comment

• Stingreye
              Stingreye commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok, I guess you are right, I don’t remember back then but man, I really thought there was talk about a free upgrade then. I guess it doesn’t matter since tgc2 never made it. Sorry to misspeak.

• mthunt
              mthunt commented
              Editing a comment
              The talk was forum members like me saying TGC1 was a free upgrade for me and hoping 2 would be free. I bought ProTee. I also bought it knowing I'd never use it and to get TGC1 which hadn't been launched. I remember the talk but ProTee never promised anything, not even a release. They only said they were working on releasing it. That's what I remember.

• Stingreye
              Stingreye commented
              Editing a comment
              Mthunt, I am sure you are right about how it went down. I remember the protee 2.0 user talking about how well they were taking care of when things went to TGC.

Originally posted by mthunt View Post
            Everything is different with Skytrak. You buy from them. It's up to Skytrak.
            Are we saying that if you are on Skytrak, and you bought TGC 1 as a one-time purchase via skytrak/skygolf website (it was around $1000), then you will for sure be paying for TGC 2019? But if you bought it through pro-tee you may be eligible for a free upgrade? I didnt realize buying through protee was an option at the time I bought TGC.

Comment

• bs531
              bs531 commented
              Editing a comment
              I just bought TGC from Skytrak thinking it was a free upgrade to TGC2019 after seeing the posts from ProTee. Didn't realize it was different. Sounds like I made an expensive mistake...

• Shardak
              Shardak commented
              Editing a comment
              >>Sorry, But TGC only works on Skytrak if you buy if through Skytrak/Skygolf.

Ok I see. When the TGC2 release was in the works, and Protee was saying there may be a free upgrade for some users, I was not aware that Skytrak purchases were totally different.

I think I understand know. Protee sells TGC for pro-tee sim users, Skytrak users have to buy through Skytrak. Whatever terms Protee is posting on this forum regarding upgrade policy (free or not) does not apply to skytrak users. We are at the whim of Skytrak/Skygolf who have not made any indications of thier policy.

• ProTee United
              ProTee United commented
              Editing a comment
              No, the upgrade policy is for all. Not just for ProTee.

Edited after reading all the comments concerns where all ready answered.
            Last edited by Nasdaqsam; 12-19-2018, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shardak View Post

Are we saying that if you are on Skytrak, and you bought TGC 1 as a one-time purchase via skytrak/skygolf website (it was around $1000), then you will for sure be paying for TGC 2019? But if you bought it through pro-tee you may be eligible for a free upgrade? I didnt realize buying through protee was an option at the time I bought TGC.
              No. It does not matter where you bought it. See post#6.

Comment

• Mdsypher
                Mdsypher commented
                Editing a comment
                @ProTee. So I am itching to buy TGC for Skytrak. Should I wait until the new version comes out? Or can I buy the current version and be able to upgrade once the new version comes out? Would there be extra cost in doing it that way? Since I would be buying it so late in the year. Also do you have to buy the lifetime package to get the free update or do yearly memberships also qualify? I just got my room set up so that is why I am late to the party!😜 Thanks!

Wouldn't TGC2 and TGC2019 be the same upgrade?

Comment

Working...
              X