Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Thundergolf (NET and GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Open Hawaii !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - CareerBuilder Challenge with 2 rounds at PGA West (Palmer) Thursday : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...lder-challenge
See more
See less

TGC 2019 No free upgrade?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeMyers View Post
    Wouldn't TGC2 and TGC2019 be the same upgrade?
    The life cycle was TGC-TGC2-TGC2019. There was only Sim versions on TGC and now TGC 2019

Comment

Just started playing indoors again today. First round on the tour in a while. Hopefully the fact that I take the summers off of indoor golf does not disqualify me for the free upgrade. I bought the SkyTrak and tgc to get me through the winter doldrums and help me work on my game during the Canadian winters...

Comment

The info for upgrading on this page sold me . Just bought TGC for my skytrak .

Comment

• Mdsypher
          Mdsypher commented
          Editing a comment
          tommygunz43 Did you buy the lifetime membership? I want to pull the trigger but I am not as confident as you. You are 100% confident that you will get a free update? If so then that might do it for me. Thanks!

• ProTee United
          ProTee United commented
          Editing a comment
          As stated earlier, all TGC for Simulators Full license holders (original owners) when purchased between January 1, 2018 and the TGC2019 for Simulators official release day will get a free upgrade.

• tommygunz43
          tommygunz43 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I went lifetime , and not regretting it a bit . Great software ! The amount of times I've seen Protee assure people of free upgrade on this forum has me very confident they will keep their word .
          Last edited by tommygunz43; 12-28-2018, 06:19 AM.

Fired up the Protee simulator this morning and my old bandaged up 2009 Dell XPS with upgraded power supply and GTX 770 finally died. I knew it was coming and this gave me a great excuse to finally buy a new rig. I'm pretty sure running TGC 2019 would have been a struggle. I thought about building from scratch to save some bucks but Microcenter had $330 off their Powerspec Intel i5 with GTX1060. At 800 bucks I could'nt build this set up from parts so I jumped on it.
        So, I sent off an email to Protee for new device passcodes for my PC............They emailed me updated codes within an hour............that's right. one hour. I have everything setup and ready to go with the exception of camera tuning which I am going to address tomorrow.

I bought my system used from the first owner 5 years ago and Protee has supported me every step of the way. They gave me a free upgrade from Protee play to TGC and now to TGC 2019.

I just want to say a big THANK YOU!. to all at Protee. Anyone who is doubting pulling the trigger on purchasing TGC now can rest assured of this companies support.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig118 View Post
          Fired up the Protee simulator this morning and my old bandaged up 2009 Dell XPS with upgraded power supply and GTX 770 finally died. I knew it was coming and this gave me a great excuse to finally buy a new rig. I'm pretty sure running TGC 2019 would have been a struggle. I thought about building from scratch to save some bucks but Microcenter had $330 off their Powerspec Intel i5 with GTX1060. At 800 bucks I could'nt build this set up from parts so I jumped on it.
          So, I sent off an email to Protee for new device passcodes for my PC............They emailed me updated codes within an hour............that's right. one hour. I have everything setup and ready to go with the exception of camera tuning which I am going to address tomorrow.

I bought my system used from the first owner 5 years ago and Protee has supported me every step of the way. They gave me a free upgrade from Protee play to TGC and now to TGC 2019.

I just want to say a big THANK YOU!. to all at Protee. Anyone who is doubting pulling the trigger on purchasing TGC now can rest assured of this companies support.

Well said Craig!!

Comment

ProTee United Chiming in here to thank you. Im up and playing. I think the course list will keep me busy till TGC 2019 gets released. Even though the policy is not finished thanks for posting it.

Comment

ProTee United Thank you for the constant updates and support for the home golf simulator community. I echo what many others have said. You have always treated this community well and I simply want to thank you for that.

Comment

I bought in good faith today because @ProTeeUnited replied to my message saying if i bought before the end of the year that TGC 2019 was free upgrade

Comment

Is there any idea on the cost for the TGC upgrade if it was purchased prior to 2018?
                  I like to play on the tour, but with a new kid really have not had time, so wondering what they will be classifying as an active tour member.

Comment

• drewpac
                    drewpac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    i asked them the same question in a personal message about what was an active tour member (as i have too little ones and haven't played much in the past couple years), but i have not heard back yet.

• janda21
                    janda21 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've reached out to Protee as well on this issue. Having young children makes it very difficult. Here's hoping they treat all of us like valued customers

• Genghis
                    Genghis commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you purchased TGC prior to 2018 and you don't qualify for the upgrade through the tour or forum participation, the upgrade package will cost $392 USD. It is available for pre-order at 25% discount until TGC2019 for simulators is released (release date not yet published). You can find it here: https://golfsimulatorstore.com/colle...12792940560483

I would like to thank you for your great discussions here. I was thinking that I might need to wait until TGC 2019 is released. While I really wanted to buy TGC and play immediately, I was so concerned that I might not get a free upgrade. After reading the discussions, I purchased it immediately. I should be ready to play in 2-3 days as soon as my SkyTrak is delivered. Thanks!!!

Comment

• wbond
                    wbond commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Enjoy, you will have. A blast with the current version as well.

Once we have applied for free upgrade how long till we know? I donā€™t want to miss the opportunity for the pre-order discount.
                  Last edited by Kevin_C; 01-05-2019, 03:27 AM.

Comment

• Bobsjohns
                    Bobsjohns commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Where does one apply for the upgrade?

i applied last week... nothing yet. i would also like the discounted version if the upgrade is not applicable to me

Comment

I bought mine lifetime membership in Oct 2017, that could be costly šŸ™

Comment

• frankiepap39
                      frankiepap39 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      i bought mine in June 2017... i hope i dont get hit with a 500-600 upgrade.

I have bought 3 full licenses. 2 for use with ProTee and 1 for SkyTrak. One of the licenses was purchased during promotion for free upgrade. I hope that I can upgrade all 3. It is my understanding that you will still be able to use the old TGC simulation software also.

Comment

Im confused. I bought the annual subscription in december 2018. Will i need to buy 2019 when it is released as well or the free upgrade will apply to annual subscriptions too?

Comment

• Genghis
                        Genghis commented
                        Editing a comment
                        From the upgrade website (https://tgcsim.com/upgraderequest/)
                        - All active TGC for Simulators Annual subscriptions.''

As long as your annual subscription is active, you will get the upgrade. I'm sure there will continue to be an annual subscription to continue to use TGC 2019 when they provide the free upgrade to you.
                    Working...
                    X