Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Metal Case - soon to be on sale

Hi everyone,

Since it was WAAAAYYY too expensive to ship the metal cases from USA to Aus, I had no choice but to design my own. It's simpler than the current SkyTrak Metal Case (former FMJ?) and hence I am thinking of sub $100 price point. Just at a general level is there any interest for this in US?

Igor 247 Golf
    [url]http://www.24-7.golf[/url]
    AUS: +61390057975
    USA : +14698449353
    Flightscope and SkyTrak Distributor

Got photos?

Comment

Ya the Skytrak golf website shipping prices are insane. I cant remember the last time i paid such high prices if ever. I just bought the metal case and it was $16 to mail to las vegas via UPS. They really need to look into their partnership. I wont ever buy anything from there if i don't absolutely have too anymore. $149 case turned into $180 purchase with tax and shipping, shipping being the brunt of it all. I just mailed 2 gallons of radiator fluid (heavy!) back to company for half the price of the metal case.

Comment

Hey guys sorry was on a business trip to USA actually (from Aus) - back now and here are a couple of photos - I wanted to design something simpler but just as functional and easier to ship! This thing weighs 1.1kg (2.4lbs) comes with 4 legs and 3 spots to screw the skytrak to the case so it doesn't move.

Comment

• JPXG
          JPXG commented
          Editing a comment
          I am definitely interested! I live in Michigan, USA and would love to know if/when you plan on selling these.

You may want to revisit the 4 legs if you can, it's way easier to level 3 vs 4.

Originally posted by Igor-247-golf View Post
        Hey guys sorry was on a business trip to USA actually (from Aus) - back now and here are a couple of photos - I wanted to design something simpler but just as functional and easier to ship! This thing weighs 1.1kg (2.4lbs) comes with 4 legs and 3 spots to screw the skytrak to the case so it doesn't move.

Comment

HI

Looks great

Just add the two bits of metal to the L & R hand sides for the extra protection and i'd say everyone would rather buy your model.

No side wings would worry me about ball bounce back etc.....

thanks
          HappyG

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore102 View Post
            HI

Looks great

Just add the two bits of metal to the L & R hand sides for the extra protection and i'd say everyone would rather buy your model.

No side wings would worry me about ball bounce back etc.....

thanks
            HappyG
            Don't need the side corners as the front plate extends enough beyond the skytrak itself that you would NEVER get to the unit. I'll post photos of it with the skytrak inside it.

Comment

• HappyGilmore102
              HappyGilmore102 commented
              Editing a comment
              HI

Yeah i agree the golfer would never hit it, but i have had golf balls bounce back off my screen and hit the top and front side of the unit.

It was just a suggestion, but i would still rather pay a little more for the extra side protection.

Best of luck, its great for users to have more choice.

regards
              HappyG

• Igor-247-golf
              Igor-247-golf commented
              Editing a comment
              Fair point HappyG, will explore it further

Originally posted by wbond View Post
            You may want to revisit the 4 legs if you can, it's way easier to level 3 vs 4.

Interesting, I didn't like 3 legs myself but I could add one more hole so people can choose actually.

Comment

Working...
            X