New Skytrak Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Skytrak Owner

I've owned It now for about two weeks, just in time for our extra late season opening this week. Stupid northern climate. What great fun using the ST. It certainly appears to be painfully accurate, showing my ugly hook at times yet rewarding my nutted shots just as I would expect to see for both for yardage and flight path.

Couple questions, What does the flight initial side angle represent better club face at impact or swing direction, I'm assuming club face even though ST only reads ball data.

I think the alignment stick idea is good but my FMJ is not quite aligned with the unit itself. I'm going to fix this in my shop. I see no point in exchanging the FMJ only to receive a like unit. FWIW, the 3 screws that hold the unit should have one fixed point and two adjustable slots in the FMJ in order to tweak the unit square. This is what I'll be doing. Seems like an easy no brainer fix, no idea why they are built as is.

So much good info on this forum, looking forward to the read.

Let me know how you plan to make new holes.

are you going to pull the unit towards the back a bit more or closer to the face of the FMJ to get new holes?

i will be following this process closely. I refuse to use the unit without the case but the case is a pain in my ass and seems to be proving to be the reason why my unit doesn’t give me correct HLA. Hopefully you find a good way to get yours square and are able to document for others!!
    -KillaCale8

Comment

Couple questions, What does the flight initial side angle represent better club face at impact or swing direction, I'm assuming club face even though ST only reads ball data.
      I am not totally sure I understand your question, but for a driver, face is about 4 times more influential than swing direction. In other words, 4 degrees in to out swing path and 1 degree face closed will result in a straight shot (if you hit the middle of the face). In more practical terms, every degree difference between face and path (direction) leads to 6 degrees spin axis. 6 degrees spin axis gives 7.5 yards curve offline per hundred yards carry.

Comment

Morini, I see your point. It’s only reading the ball so it doesn’t know how it got there. With your example and one where the swing path and face angle were
        zero, the ST reading would be the same. Makes sense. I know my swing path is reasonably consistent in to out, so the side angle is still a good useful number.

Caleb, I plan I keeping the single back hole and elongating the other two. This would allow the unit to rotate inside the fmj before tightening it down.

Comment

• calebm1001
          calebm1001 commented
          Editing a comment
          Makes sense! Please post photos once you’ve found the best course of action. Will be super helpful as this is certainly a topic of conversation for a lot of us with the FMJ case.

• Morini
          Morini commented
          Editing a comment
          If you knew for sure that the ball was struck in the centre of the face, you could work backwards from the HLA and spin axis and get a very accurate calculation of direction and face. In fact, the club data that was included in ST app last year, did just that.

The problem is that off centre strikes also creates spin axis. Thus is not possible to determine what exact combination of club, face and impact location produced the ball flight.
      Working...
      X