Forget e6 Connect and go with TGC19?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget e6 Connect and go with TGC19?

My e6 subscription ends in about a month. Waiting patiently for Connect. However, as this Forum shows, it's all about TGC19 and nary a question on whether, if ever, and when we'll see Connect.
    I love my old e6, but, come June, renew the old e6 and put off Connect for a year (if ever), or make the switch to TGC19?

I've never played e6 but I can't imagine it being better (overall) than TGC2019. The tour is the best, the ability to create any course (fake or real) is unrivaled and you can get it cheaper than the others if you just buy it outright. No-brainer for me.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
      Wizard of Coz commented
      Editing a comment
      I would like to disagree with Randy here but I can't. He is so correct. All I can say is 19 holes brother! Lol

• Wizard of Coz
      Wizard of Coz commented
      Editing a comment
      Get on discord rjd. Lots of chatting you and bob losers bracket.

• rjd1975
      rjd1975 commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't do it while at work...they are gonna have to just roast me

Only thing E6 has on TGC2019 is ability to save multiple user profiles that will save stats and the multiplayer functionality in general.

But graphics, courses, game play are all done better in TGC than E6 IMO. Now that multiple tees are available for TGC, E6 has lost most of its upside.

Comment

• rjd1975
      rjd1975 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good catch WadeH I also believe that other games have a scramble mode which would be nice. But I am still team TGC

E6 1.6 is a great game but doesn't have online play! E6 Connect has online play but doesn't have online tournament/league!

Comment

I was waiting for E6 Connect and gave up. Went with TGC2019 and have been very happy!

Comment

I tried e6 last year and some stuff I liked about it. Tees selection was one and you know the course you choose was going to be a good to great rendition of the real course. However, I did not renew and went with TGC...then about 1 year later TGC 2019 is here...and is Great.

Comment

It is bothering...we haven't heard from Seth in forever. Skytrak app 4.0? e6Connect? High ball speed accuracy fix? Exclusive with TGC?

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
            Wizard of Coz commented
            Editing a comment
            He has been like crickets. MIA. I'll bet something huge is coming!

I have to say I had TGC and E6 before and now have Creative G3D, and TGC 2019. By far TGC19 is superior in game play and physics, I love the quick range function they added and the courses are superb. I play it a couple of times a week in my studio and have had several people over for a couple of game nights they are blown away at the graphics and play-ability.

Comment

We're coming up for renewal on our E6/SkyTrak subscription renewals.

E6 appears to have more real-world courses than TGC. One of our club's courses is standard in E6 Connect ($400 add-on for E6 Golf), and another course we played in Mexico recently is also in the standard pack for Connect.

Recenlty, I exchanged some e-mails with the E6 folks about SkyTrak support, and they indicated they were waiting for SkyTrak. When I asked about how E6 Golf subscriptions would be handled when Connect was available, they again indicated they were waiting for SkyTrak.

Inquiries to SkyTrak consistently give the same response - they can't comment on unreleased products, and how they would handle E6 Golf subscribers if they ever released Connect.

Because some of the courses we play are on E6 (and not on TGC 2019), I'd like to stay with E6. But I'm hesitant to subscribe for another year, without some assurance that we'd be able to upgrade to Connect without throwing away the remainder of our E6 Golf subscription.

Still have a few weeks to decide... And may decide to drop a golf simulator completely for now and only renew the base SkyTrak package - until Connect is available - and make the decision then on Connect or TGC.

Comment

• simmb
              simmb commented
              Editing a comment
              Could you not create the courses you play in TGC? Or pay one of the many designers to do it, I bet it will still work out cheaper in the long run not having to pay an annual subscription.

Submitted one last complaint to E6 about this situation. We don't want to renew E6 Golf unless there is assurance we'll be upgraded to E6 Connect if it's released for SkyTrak during our subscription period. And since E6 now considers E6 Golf to be a dead product, don't want to renew E6 Golf if SkyTrak isn't committed to replacing it with Connect.

Contacting SkyTrak has been completely useless since there customer support team can only talk about currently released products - and aren't allowed (or don't know) to say anything about what might happen if/when SkyTrak brings out Connect.

Since the TGC 2019 subscription and purchase fees are higher, perhaps SkyTrak has decided to phase out E6 completely and focus on TGC if they are getting more revenue per purchase/subscription. There's got to be a reason why SkyTrak has been "coming soon" for a long time - but never comes out...

Comment

After reviewing TGC 2019 features, it appears to be a significant improvement over E6 - especially the ability to add your own real-world courses using LIDAR data.

Without hearing anything from E6 or SkyTrak folks, looks like we'll be dropping E6 and go with TGC 2019 - followed by working to add the courses we play often using LIDAR data.

Comment

I am in the midst of building my first sim and will need to decide between E6 or TGC. Do any of these programs have penalties when you swing (i.e. bunker shots, deep rough, etc.).

Comment

• wbond
                  wbond commented
                  Editing a comment
                  TGC applies penalties to rough, light rough, fairway bunkers and greenside bunkers.

Thanks wbond. Much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                X