Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

SkyTrak will not connect nor reset HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak will not connect nor reset HELP!

Last night we were playing with out issue. We always had the SkyTrak in Direct Connect Wireless mode with an Ipad. The Skytrak stopped connecting. All it does now is have the light sequence GREEN--Rapid Flashing RED---RED. It will not accept a hard reset. Held paperclip on reset 30 seconds. Does not change the light sequence. Soon as I power up the unit I get same light display: GREEN---Fast flashing RED--Solid RED. Anyone have any ideas?

That light combination means "Skytrak is in network mode and trying to locate a known wifi connection". So it can't find your WiFi.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do because 'Direct Connect' means plugging the Skytrak in to something directly.. but you said wireless. Which are you doing?

Comment

Try unplugging your router and resetting the SkyTrak while the router is unplugged. Or move outside of your wifi range so it cannot see your network and try resetting.

Comment

Originally posted by Celeras View Post
        That light combination means "Skytrak is in network mode and trying to locate a known wifi connection". So it can't find your WiFi.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do because 'Direct Connect' means plugging the Skytrak in to something directly.. but you said wireless. Which are you doing?
        No it doesn't. Direct means connecting to the skytrack's "wifi" wirelessly.

Comment

Originally posted by jut111 View Post

No it doesn't. Direct means connecting to the skytrack's "wifi" wirelessly.
          Uhhh there are two direct modes, but who cares?

You can not get OPs light combination in ANY direct mode. That is why I am asking. His Skytrak is in NETWORK mode trying to find WiFi. If he was in DIRECT mode he would be Green-Solid Red-Solid Red waiting for the connection from the device.

Comment

Originally posted by Celeras View Post

Uhhh there are two direct modes, but who cares?

You can not get OPs light combination in ANY direct mode. That is why I am asking. His Skytrak is in NETWORK mode trying to find WiFi. If he was in DIRECT mode he would be Green-Solid Red-Solid Red waiting for the connection from the device.
            no there is direct mode and usb mode.

but agreed who cares. Point is his skytrak is in Network mode, and he's trying to connect in direct mode. He got the advice he needs from Scoop.

Comment

Do what Scoop recommended. I had the same issue with my ST and it turned out my router needed to be reset. The 2.4Ghz channel was locked up. I didn't notice it since most of my gizmos run off the 5Ghz channel.

Comment

Was there any conclusion to this? I’m having the same issue and it’s very annoying. Tried everything mentioned above and still have bottom red, middle red blinking, top green

Comment

• Morini
                  Morini commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It is looking for the network. Do you use network mode typically?

I know that Skytrak's naming convention does add to the confusion, but let's get the terminology straight:

Direct connection is the device directly connecting to Skytrak wifi (no router, no USB).
                Network mode is where the Skytrak is connected to a wifi network, and the device to the same network (router).
                USB mode: Self-explanatory.

USB mode is NOT direct connection.
                Last edited by Morini; 08-02-2021, 05:42 PM.

Comment

With regards to this particular issue:

Has network mode ever been setup? Network mode shouldn't turn itself on all of a sudden.
                  Does Skytrak show up in the list of available networks?
                  Is the light sequence for the three lights, top to bottom, continuously , or is just the top light flashing GREEN--- then Fast flashing RED-- then Solid RED?

If top light is red, then it needs to be charged.

Below is the LED Color Code Chart
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Morini; 08-02-2021, 05:48 PM.

Comment

I have used network mode at my house numerous times. It won’t show up under any WiFi. I have tried usb mode and nothing changes. I have had my network unplugged for days and it still has the same lights. I have walked it down the street and same lights. Tried hitting hard reset a dozen ways and nothing happens. Button is working since when it is pushed in, I can’t power it on.

Comment

It is light combo #3 on the chart but it will never stop searching. Before it always would turn the middle light yellow after a few seconds.

Comment

• Morini
                        Morini commented
                        Editing a comment
                        PC or device? In either case, need to go back to direct mode. Then either stay there, or set-up network mode again. I think if you turn off the router, you can connect directly.
                    Working...
                    X