New SkyTrak Coming in January?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SkyTrak Coming in January?

I thought I read somewhere that ST may be coming out with something new at the PGA show. Does anyone have any insight to this? I’m building out my sim now and am debating on whether to wait to buy the skytrak until after the pga show to see if anything new comes out.

Who knows anymore with ST... I'm still waiting on the update to 3.4... They might be coming out... I'd wait if I were you... They are 1 year behind what and when they promised their updates. If they are coming out with a new product, they will launch it at the PGA show.

Comment

With a month and a half to go I'd wait. If not another ST, there may be other products announced. Of course, if your sim room is good to go and you are dying to play over the holidays, it might be tougher choice to make.

Comment

I wonder if they'll try and pitch 3.4 as a new version. That would be nuts!

Comment

Well if it is, it better not cost us anything as original users. I'll be pretty pissed. Almost pissed enough to sell mine and get a Uneekor.

Comment

• Jason Penner
            Jason Penner commented
            Editing a comment
            Well better buy that Uneekor now if you are going to as they have stated prices go up 15-20% ( if memory serves) at/after PGA show.

• calebm1001
            calebm1001 commented
            Editing a comment
            If what is? If a new SkyTrak comes out and it costs you money you’ll be pissed cus you have the original that is now like 7 years old? This sounds like The TGC release all over again.

• SkeetShooter
            SkeetShooter commented
            Editing a comment
            Not for me bud. I've only had it for 1 year. Soo considering they promised an upgrade I'd like that upgrade.

Jason Penner Are you referring to SkyTrak or Uneekor in regards to the price increase?

Comment

• Jason Penner
            Jason Penner commented
            Editing a comment
            Uneekor is going up at/after pga 2020

SkeetShooter What upgrade was promised to you? Software or Hardware?

Comment

Software... The magical 3.4 Update. I don't care for a hardware upgrade at this point, unless of course they can sell some sort of HMT package that can be added to my existing ST.

Comment

It probably depends on how much of an itch you have to get playing. I personally bought mine 2 weeks ago because of the sale right now and also because I don’t much care if they come out with a new model. If there is a new model I’m assuming the price will be more significant than the one now and if I’m willing to spend more than the price point now I would rather purchase a GC2 or better. The skytrak won’t be obsolete even if a new model comes out, so unless you’re hoping a new model will drive an older model price down I’d just pull the trigger and enjoy getting out on the course now.

Comment

• Morini
                Morini commented
                Editing a comment
                If a new model came out, it would likely address some of the ST shortcomings at a similar price point. For example, reduced delay, more accurate HLA, accurate ball speed for high ball speed etc.

• Bender96
                Bender96 commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe I’m wrong but I would be shocked if a new
                Model Skytrak starts out at the same price point that they are going for now. I don’t doubt it would improve some small things about the Skytrak, everything you have just mentioned I don’t have a problem with on Skytrak so I guess it’s just personal preference. I don’t mind the 2sec delay, would I like it to come off instantly? Of course but it’s something that I am used to already and doesn’t bother me. I have 165mph ball speed off the driver and rarely have a misread when teeing the ball slightly behind the sensor. FWIW I would hope that a brand new skytrak unit would have bigger changes than the small tweaks the unit needs and if all those things are important to you, than I would definitely recommend waiting until the PGA show or looking into other units such as GC2, Uneekor etc.
                Last edited by Bender96; 12-12-2019, 12:40 AM.

Personal opinion
              i wish I had known of uneekor a year ago
              after hitting on
              gc2
              trackman
              flightscope
              another older 2 camera system
              And the uneekor unit

for price vs features
              uneekor wins

that said I don’t putt or play much on a sim
              I just practice swing mechanics on it

Comment

• Morini
                Morini commented
                Editing a comment
                Has the club data on Uneekoor been verified accurate? That would be a game changer. If it does not provide actionable data, I am not so sure about superiority over GC2 & ST given price. For a permanent sim solution, the setup is nice. The need for marked balls, not so nice.

• shwag33
                shwag33 commented
                Editing a comment
                All swing data is more random than ball data. Unlike measuring a ball in real life you don't have something to test against.

Even trackman/gc quad don't measure the same all the time. That said, I think the clubhead data is pretty good on uneekor, not as good as gcquad. If you hit the ball in the center of the club I think the readings are accurate, if you hit it off the toe I dont usually trust the data. With the the overhead camera you can easily verify whether the data was correct or not.

Marked balls were my concern
              but after applying the stickers Harry sells and hitting them three session with everything from a new b brand new 56 thru driver
              hitting 170 iron shots with one ball over the 3 sessions

marking my balls is a non issue

the unit show me the same numbers as the trackman I’ve hit at club champion over several fitting session
              and my own skytrack although I’ve never been confident in the left bias of my skytrack the numbers are consistent with my course and range sessions

the numbers also correspond to other sims including gc2 I’ve hit in

to my mind and in my opinion it’s as accurate as anything I’ve used

Comment

• JBIER04
                JBIER04 commented
                Editing a comment
                Your talking about using the marked balls with Uneeker right? Not Skytrak?

It’s head and shoulders above skytrack in directional accuracy
              and at a minimum on par with the gc2 I’ve used

Comment

• Morini
                Morini commented
                Editing a comment
                That should come as no surprise given that it gets a top view of the ball. I don't know this for a fact, but suspect GC2 has quite a bit of HLA error as well. The lack of HLA accuracy for floor mounted photometric monitors does bother me. The skytrak's +/- 2 deg HLA could mean the difference between hitting the flag and missing the green at 200 yards.

Sorry you mentioned club data

hitting on it with my teaching pro behind me
              he and my ball flight , ball speed and direction confirm that the club data it shows is actionable

Comment

• Morini
                Morini commented
                Editing a comment
                I know an instructor who used a quad and TM4 simultaneously, and the frustrating thing is that club data would differ sometimes. I would love to see a TM4, Uneekor and Quad triple set up.

I can see the units reading differently at times
              one being behind and reading flight over a longer distance one to the side taking a snap shot in time

to me the question comes down to is the ball flight accurate with little left right bias
              and can I have some degree of confidence in ball speed and spin

with gc2 I did notice a left bias but not as bad as sky track ,but really disliked the hitting zone to small to hard to adjust the ball into it

with skytrack I don’t have much confidence in its directional bias but it’s ball speed and distance are ok
              and hitting thru the little read beam sucks plus it has a hard time picking up lofted shots

the uneekor hasn’t missed a lofted shot
              the hitting area is large enough to span an iron hitting area and an area of Matt I can put a tee into
              plus the directional accuracy is the same as I hit on track man at club champ , and on the range

i think it’s as accurate as any sim I’ve hit on

Comment

I just bought Skytrak/TGC. Really hope I don't have the worse timing ever. I hope they at least still provide updates for this one.
                "A setback is simply a setup for your next comeback."
                In Game Name: Everground

Comment

• trumb1mj
                  trumb1mj commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Also any comment in January may be years away or just never happen. Last January they announced things that never happened...

• Everground
                  Everground commented
                  Editing a comment
                  All true! And honestly, I've been having a blast so far. So even if I play 200+ rounds in 2020 I'll still be saving a lot of money/time that would have been spent on courses/buckets of balls. That fact they are selling well enough to even produce another updated version is a good sign I suppose!

• Morini
                  Morini commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just finished my second full year. Between me and my kids, it has probably paid for itself in range balls, and has saved countless amounts of gas and time travelling to the range.
              Working...
              X