Shot Delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shot Delay

I know that people have had conversations on shot delay, but I am new to ST and for whatever reason my delay changes from day to day. One day it is 7-8 seconds, the next it is 3. Has anyone experienced this? Do I need to send it back?

I have also experienced times where the delay is super long. I restarted my SkyTrak and reconnected and it went away. Not sure what causes it.

Comment

I just spent a good deal of time and money attacking this problem. I have a very fast internet connection (100 mb/s) and was getting good ping times in my simulator room. Plus when connected to my iPad I would get 3 second delays. So I tried any number of things but could not get my wireless lag on my pc down from 11 seconds.

Finally I decided to try out a suggestion from Ironstrokes to get a wifi extender. Now I have a 3 second lag on wireless with my pc and I am over the moon.

There can be many hazards along the way, like sometimes having to reinstall the Skytrak software, or learn how to correctly fit a bent paper clip into the skytraks unit when all else fails and start fresh.

Plus make sure your unit is always fully charged or it can act strange too. I just keep mine plugged in now, especially since I don't have to use a usb connection to my pc now. That had stopped working for me as well during the depths of my despair, when I was ready to take a 4 iron to the unit and take up full time winter napping.

So why the wifi extender? Some homes have dead spots. Also certain metals interfere with the wifi signal as well. So give that a try, and buy your extender from a place with a good return policy in case that still is not the answer. Good luck to you both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

The lag has nothing to do with the skytrak itself. It is the iPad or pc or wifi causing it.

Comment

If the amount of time is changing, my money is on wifi being the issue.

Comment

Nobody has instant feedback, correct? I spent $1300 on a new PC and have wired internet in my sim room at fast speeds and still have a 2-3 second delay no matter what. Why is this the case anyway? Is the unit just not capable of instant feedback while playing TGC? I'm used to it at this point but it would be nice to have the ball fly off as you strike it

Comment

Nope, Skytrak has stated this in the past. 2-3 seconds is the best you're going to get.
              Originally posted by Jwheels9876 View Post
              Nobody has instant feedback, correct? I spent $1300 on a new PC and have wired internet in my sim room at fast speeds and still have a 2-3 second delay no matter what. Why is this the case anyway? Is the unit just not capable of instant feedback while playing TGC? I'm used to it at this point but it would be nice to have the ball fly off as you strike it

Comment

I just posted my delay experience at this week's CareerBuilder tournament thread before reading this thread and I use a GC2, residing in Asia. I do not have serious delays until recent weeks. I have good wifi speed in the sim room and a near new computer. Last session with noticeable delays was during 7-9pm PST. I just tried it again around 4am PST without any delays. I am going to try playing in some other time of day and see if there is any difference in delays.

Comment

My skytrak has always be consistent for delay. I am one of the few that like the time to gather my own feedback before I see the shot. Wifi extender &/or hardwire is the way to go. I hardwired cabled to my sim computer at the recommendation of aeroburner .. Skytrak is the same but TGC loads much faster now, is way more stable in group play & solo. If you have a family or neighbors pulling or uploading data (Netflix, Games, Youtube) randomly while you play if can be a problem as well. YMMV

Comment

• Scyukon
                    Scyukon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looks like I will be going the hardwire route as well then for my pc. Thanks for listing the benefits of doing so.

I just increased my WIFI, so hopefully that helps. I will test again today. My wireless router is in my Garage, so getting a clear signal should not be an issue and I have reset my ST once with the same results. I might try to clear more room off my iphone to see if that helps as well. Thanks for the comments! When I get 2-3 second delays, it seems like the best thing ever, when I wait 10, I just want to bring it back.

Comment

• Wyzyguy
                    Wyzyguy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So u are running the SkyTrak app from an iPhone? Some versions of iPhone/iPad may work better than others if I recall correctly..

• jschalk
                    jschalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the info, but yesterday when I connected it directly to the ST, it worked fast. The day before when everything was networked through WIFI, it worked fast. All other times it has been slow. It hasn't been inconsistent while it is running, it is either 2-3 seconds every shot with no misreads or 10is seconds with a few misreads. I am paying for WGT so I need everything networked if I am going to enjoy the simulation experience.

I posted my experiences in the Newbie thread but Ill repost here as its relevant.

I just got my skytrak and JNPG and have been testing to see which connection method was the fastest for my setup. I used a handheld stopwatch and just timed 25 shots with both wifi and USB connections. In my testing I never saw any times lower than 3.5 seconds. I wish I could get a 2 second delay! From my unscientific observations, wifi averaged 3.8 seconds and USB 3.6 seconds. This could be my slow reaction times or my wifi traffic on my network. So in the end, I would say they are pretty equal. Not sure how I can get into the 2-3 second range. Im running a brand new gaming PC i bought just for skytrak. Its a i7 with a 1070 graphics card and solid state drive. I also have an ipad pro but since it doesnt display in 16x9 aspect ratio Ive pretty much gone the PC route. I may consider using that if I can get shot delay down to the 2 second mark. But it would be a bummer to not use the full impact screen I just bought.

Comment

I believe the 2 second mark was a theoretical "best ever" sort of thing with neural net processors and unobtanium. Realistic best numbers from most reports seem to be right where you are measuring.

Comment

The main thing that sold me on the protee and glad I did

Comment

I increased connection speed of my internet, cleared most of my memory on my device and still am having 10 second delays via network and 3 seconds with a direct connection. Not sure what my next move is. I might get an extender, but my router is in the garage. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

I hope the extender solves your problem. Sound very similar to my situation prior to purchasing the wifi extender.

Comment

Working...
                          X