This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC for TrackMan 4

We are looking for 2 to 5 TrackMan 4 owners who are willing to test TGC for TrackMan. Please PM me if you're interested.

TGC for Trackman

Cool! In TGC you can go through the clubs using the Z and X keys. Maybe there is one that will switch to putter, but it sounds like a bug (or they just don't want you to putt)... Also see if hitting the 'P' on the keyboard works.

The other thing to try is to switch to putter when you're actually on the green. They might check the surface = green flag before they allow switching Trackman into putting mode.

Comment

Unfortunately it looks like TGC is not using the actual TrackMan putting feature.

By the way I have two screens so I can see what TPS and TGC do at the same time. I run TGC in window mode.

I am on the green in TGC, select the putter as my club and in the screenshot you can see that TPS is changed to a 6 Iron. Which is crappy because you have to actually really hit the ball hard to make the TrackMan track the putt. In the two screenshots you can see that TGC is using the 6 iron stats from TPS. Backspin is used, ball speed is and so on. Unfortunately with that, there is no way to make a 15, 10 or 5 footer putt. To get TrackMan to detect the putt you end up hitting a 30 foot putt. I tried it now 5 times and it is always the same.

Here are the screenshots:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	TPS during TGC putting.JPG
Views:	1282
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	125293
      Click image for larger version

Name:	TGC putting trackman.JPG
Views:	1290
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	125294

Comment

Ok thanks, we will report this back to Trackman. Please let us know if you find any other issues. So far we have:

- Putting not working. Uses i6 in TPS.
        - TPS.config not included

Comment

TGC sends the correct data. Its on the TPS side. Trackman will need to make some changes. I don't expect them to change it overnight, so make use of the "always on green" gimme feature in TGC to skip putting (adds +2 to your score card).

Comment

• Rangegolfer
          Rangegolfer commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting. So what you are saying is that TGC is sending the data to TPS and TPS forwards it to the TrackMan?

• ProTee United
          ProTee United commented
          Editing a comment
          TPS needs to know that you selected a putter in TGC in order to switch to putting mode. This data is being send, but not used/processed correctly.

We have TPS 5.1.86 with the putting fix. Please send PM for download link.

Comment

The putting works great now, imho! I played a few holes real quick and putted from different distances (20ft, 22ft, 6ft & 2ft). It worked as expected. I was actually really impressed!
          Double checked TPS and it shows the putter now instead of the 6 iron like it did before the fix.

There was only one thing and I was not able to replicate it. I had a 2 footer. Made a putt with roll speed of 3mph and the putt did not reach the hole and actually rolled backward back to being a 2 footer again. I wasn't on a slope or so to create such a behavior, I don't think at least. Must have been a glitch or so.

What other things you guys want to be tested? I am pretty sure that the game itself is already community approved and bug hunted.

Comment

When that happens check the shot data and post a screenshot. My guess is that the Trackman picked up some sort of backspin. They should send a 0 backspin when putting. Putting is still new for radar based units. Unless off course you are able to putt with back spin

I would be interested in the shot launch delay. Is there any noticable delay between hitting the shot and the launch on the screen?

Comment

• Rangegolfer
              Rangegolfer commented
              Editing a comment
              I will pay more attention to it. But I can tell you if memory serves right, it is between 1-3 seconds.

Yeah I tested it out and it takes 3 secs till TGC starts the animation after you hit the ball. I think it is completely acceptable.

Something else I saw and tried to recreate. It took me a while but was able to get one shot where Trackman/TPS did miss some data. Don't know if that matters to you, but TrackMan does not always detect all the data or at least displays it.

Screenshots are attached.

Comment

Looks like all the spin data is missing. TPS should not launch that shot at all. Please post another screenshot when it happens again. If the -26569 sidespin is the same we can fix it also, by not launching the shot.

In the mean time use the REWIND shot option available from the pause menu <ESC> to replay that shot without penalty until we have a solution.

Comment

• ProTee United
                ProTee United commented
                Editing a comment
                It's a custom integration. We are not listening to Trackman data coming in. Trackman implemented the TCG SDK into TPS. Its very easy not to launch a shot when certain data is missing. We will report it to Trackman and they will fix it soon (like the putting issue).

• Rangegolfer
                Rangegolfer commented
                Editing a comment
                Interesting! That is also why you told me a couple of days ago that TPS starts the SDK server and to not have it started manually (I guess). Well at least now I know how TGC talks to TPS or should I say TPS talks to TGC and I can also stop with my assumptions.

Well, thanks for sharing that.

• ProTee United
                ProTee United commented
                Editing a comment
                There is bi-directional communication between TPS and TGC. Let's get back to testing now... ;-)

Here are screenshots with TPS missing data for:

- Club Path
              - Attack angle
              - Face angle
              - Dynamic Loft
              - Spin Loft

Comment

Alright, here you go. Some more screenshots with missing data. Tried a bunch of goofy shots that I know will mess with the TrackMan measuring. The number -26569 for sidespin did not show up again. It is always a different number.

Enjoy...

Comment

Ok ProTee,

I can't seem to launch TGC either from TPS. I copied that TPS.config file onto my Trackman Performance Studio very top folder, but still no luck...

Also, I have a laptop and if I connect to my TrackMan using wifi, I won't be able to be connected to the internet, thus TGC wouldn't go onto the internet.
                  How can I have my laptop connect to TrackMan at the same time to the internet? Is connecting TrackMan via LAN the only way?

Comment

• LEO MODE
                    LEO MODE commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the info. I am not tech illiterate so I understand what you're talking about.

Now that you say it, I do recall that LAN cable was not for connecting the device, but for the developers to fix stuff if there is an issue.
                    Well in that case I would need a long USB cable to hook my TM4 to my laptop.

I'm not really clear on what you said about TrackMan connecting to the wifi access point, such as my home wifi. Because I thought TM4 itself is an access point and therefore cannot be connected to my home router for instance. Am I wrong on this? If so, then my TM4 can connect to my router just like my cell phone correct? On the setting you mentioned, the only option was to change the TM4 access point name, not to make TM4 connect to other router that's why I wasn't clear.

Thanks in advance.

I'm going out to the range in 4 hours so I hope I can play TGC out in the range (my home simulator is not setup yet haha).
                    Last edited by LEO MODE; 08-12-2017, 09:56 PM.

• Rangegolfer
                    Rangegolfer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey Leo,

Enjoying the beach and ocean right now and don't have access to the TrackMan. Using my phone right now to write this and not able to make interface screenshots of the web interface.

Yes, the TrackMan is able to connect to your router. If you go to the web interface and to the wifi settings you should be able to change it to wifi client. It will start searching for all the wifi acces points and you can click on yours (home router) and enter the password.

• LEO MODE
                    LEO MODE commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That is very interesting to hear that TrackMan can connect to my router. That will open up all devices to connect to TrackMan at once! Let me go back home and check that out. Enjoy your time at the beach and update your TGC experience. I will as well once I make it operating.

ProTee, the TGC beta you sent me has a config file that mentions about Skytrak. I don't see any Trackman integration. Did you send me the correct file? I also tried to input the config file you posted in this thread over to Trackman folder but it didn't have any config file in the first place.

I'm very confused

Comment

• ProTee United
                    ProTee United commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm very interested to know what exactly makes you think you can only play with 1 player, so we can improve our communication on this topic.

• Rangegolfer
                    Rangegolfer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I personally did not have that issue. I do have to admit though, that the interface can be sometimes a little bit confusing. It looks all very cool and new, but also different. It took me a while to get used to it and sometimes I just stare at the screen trying to figure out how to get out of a screen or to the next one. I know this is not very exact, I will try to give you better examples later.

Although one specific example is the "advance" button. I really think it should say "next". For some reason, I always think advance means more options.

• LEO MODE
                    LEO MODE commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well to be honest, I thought you can create individual profiles to play true multiplayer game, not each person getting his record dissapear after each game as a guest. That's what I meant.

Also while I can change resolution on the game when I window it it doesn't fill up the entire screen with that resolution but just windowing in that tiny resolution (if I chose 640x480 on my Surface Pro 4 screen for instance). This was also frustrating when i used a full screen resolution to have the best outcome for my Surface Pro, when a messenger for instance pops up the game will minimize then go back to really small resolution and there is no way for me to put it back to full screen.

Lastly, what if I want to play this outdoor? It looks like my laptop has to be connected to the internet only? Because I have to connect my Trackman too

Every putt always shows 2500 rpm backspin and I can confirm that the game actually makes it roll back. If I putt with a Ball Speed of 2 or 3 mph the ball rolls a foot forward and starts rolling backwards again. Happened several times now. So that is something that can be replicated easily. And I am not on a slope that could cause such behavior.

Comment

• ProTee United
                    ProTee United commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The backspin will cause that. This will get fixed.

We have a new TPS version (5.1.88) with the putting backspin fixed. PM me for download link.

Comment

Working...
                  X