Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else ready to move on from TGC2019?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else ready to move on from TGC2019?

Anyone else kind of done with TGC2019?

Same bugs as a year ago, really awful UI and options.

I host a weekly golf league at home and constant bugs and issues are becoming too much to make it work. Ready to move on to E6 or anything else.

I must say I was surprised To see this thread as I always thought that TGC was great value for money when it is compared to what everyone else is doing. Just like all launch monitor each software also has its issues.

I agree on e6 service though, those guys are top notch.

for me, I am thinking of buying a license for TCG 2019 as I really think the graphics are great. I am trying the e6 connect demo at the moment and trying to compare it to my 1.6. Graphics are definitely an improvement, but not sure it is enough to get me to jump to connect, but more testing needed.

at the moment, I am thinking of TGC will be a purchase in the fall for me.
    Last edited by Dax; 02-13-2020, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• Celeras
      Celeras commented
      Editing a comment
      It's the same argument with SkyTrak IMO. "Great value" compared to competitors? Sure, of course. But still a lot of money nonetheless, and for that money one would expect a certain level of service/updates that do not seem to be present.

I can't really talk as I just got TGC19 myself. Fully aware of its issues, and decided to roll the dice that these are early adopter problems and not forever problems. Time will tell if I am a fool, however there are ways to rectify the situation if I am made a fool of

Originally posted by Jwheels9876 View Post
    the original TGC spins, the new one hardly at all. E6 looks like the spin is highly unrealistic
    Look at this E6 Connect PW shot at 2:39 in this vid - to me that looks very realistic for 7100 spin: https://youtu.be/ykKi5fGXtas?t=158
    - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

• Brettster
      Brettster commented
      Editing a comment
      Jwheels9876 - looks good, are you saying there is no way to reduce spin on the course in E6? It kind of looks that way from your video.... Also, interesting setup you have, how narrow is that room you are swinging in (for reference)? I'm going to setup in a 12' wide area.

• Jwheels9876
      Jwheels9876 commented
      Editing a comment
      Its 16x12 Brettster. Plenty of space to swing. I'm 6-2. It's the webcams angles , makes it look tiny . You will be offset a bit though with woods and driver

• Whiskeyjack
      Whiskeyjack commented
      Editing a comment
      You may be right, but E6C seems to inflate my backspin substantially with Skytrak.

David Williams 'Chips' play a course with a lot of hills. Try and hit a 3 wood on a decent size up slope; you'll see what i mean.

Comment

• David Williams 'Chips'
      David Williams 'Chips' commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah do you mean that the ball goes straight up in the air? This a glitch is it? I thought it might have been me misjudging the severity of the hill and being too optimistic with 3w.

• mthunt
      mthunt commented
      Editing a comment
      If you know a 3 wood wont cover the slope why would you hit it?

mthunt i don't if I know it won't clear. There's still a lot of situations it happens though. Twice in protee this week, hit a 6 and 7 iron thought I should easily clear the slope that didn't with clean shots.

David Williams 'Chips' yes that's it.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
      Jwheels9876 commented
      Editing a comment
      ive had it happen with 3 wood, hybrid and 7 iron. the 7 launched at like 24 degrees also.. I don't recall standing looking up the side of a hill either ....

• mthunt
      mthunt commented
      Editing a comment
      Please post that video Jwheels. Ive never seen a 24 degree 7 iron do that. Strange.

• Jwheels9876
      Jwheels9876 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had it on YouTube and my old desktop and got rid of it on both apparently.. it happened though, I have zero reason to make it up lol

I would love to pick up e6 but I am not going to drop 2500 bucks for it. I wish they opened up the subscription model to non skytrak. I would definitely consider doing that.

Comment

I'd love to see the video of it happening in jnpg too just as a comparison and make me feel better that it's just a limitation of sim softwares in general.... On jnpg does it bounce high on the first bounce when you hit a worm burner shot that carries like 100+ down the fairway too like it seems to on tgc2019. It almost sounds like I'm saying this sarcastically when I read my statement above, but I'm honestly just curious as I have not seen that much or have played jnpg personally.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
      Jwheels9876 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've played JNPG for years and never seen it happen once....

That game may have it's own little issues but that is not one of them

• Celeras
      Celeras commented
      Editing a comment
      I concur that it is definitely not an issue with JNPG. Need to remember where you are around here sometimes..

Very good thread.

My buddy got a 4 bay simulator biz going this winter in MN so I got lots of play in on a Uneekor setup with both E6 Connect and TGC2019.

My take away is that no software is perfect. Both TGC2019 and E6Connect have their issues.

We found lots of annoying issues with E6 when playing multiplayer, but none as bad as TGC2019 with multiplayer (disconnects and lost players).

He went with Connect for the business side of things. It is a much more stable and easier to use software. Also much more $$$!

But for the home user who mostly plays solo, TGC2019 really cant be beat IMO. The graphics are wonderful as well as the number of courses.

To the Original Poster trying to do a multiplayer league. Get E6 Connect. TGC2019 glitches are bad in multiplayer.

Comment

• Travis Poindexter
      Travis Poindexter commented
      Editing a comment
      I just put in a Uneekor system at my fitness center. We may end up with 2. I'm trying to decide which software to use, I don't care at all for the beginning interface of the TGC2019 at startup. Really confusing for a new user and they could get lost trying to figure it out just to play their first round. What is the name of your friend's business? I might send him a couple questions. I'm in TN. thanks Wade

I can’t get the E6 demo to deliver. Says it’s sent the email, but nowhere to be found...including spam/junk folders.

Ideas?

Comment

• Whiskeyjack
      Whiskeyjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I was waiting for an email about downloading as well, I just went to their site and downloaded it, they then contacted me for sign up

Link to aE6 Connect Discord Channel
    Check out the E6 Connect Sim community on Discord - hang out with 1828 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.

Comment

TGC community is second to none. The original TGC physics were spot on were as the 2019 version has some issues but even with the 2019 issues I would never give it up. E6 is just to expensive for my blood.

Comment

While the title of the thread may sound like I’m giving up on TGC, I’m not. I own the full version of TGC2019 and full annual package for E6 connect. With that said, the original intent of starting this thread (and what I’m really hoping for) is for these bugs to be resolved. I really enjoyed TGC, but with the bugs after the 2019 release I’ll just stick with E6 connect in the meantime and hope to jump back to TGC2019 when these are fixed.

Comment

If anyone here would be interested in possibly trying to get E6 at a discounted rate on a bulk purchase please join the discord link Rick posted .. obviously that would be launch monitors other than skytrak and Mevo+ that can get the annual sub with no upfront cost

Comment

I just found this thread. I think TGC and TGC 2019 are great. I do find the ball reaction on the greens more realistic on TGC vs TGC 2019.(Of course on cannot chance course conditions in TGC) For example, if I nail a 54 degree wedge and hit a green that is soft, it will land and then usually bounce forward and back up to or past the ball mark. This is close to what happens in TGC. In TGC 2019 the same shot, even with green settings of slow and very soft, the ball will bounce forward and role several yards past the ball mark. Because of this I have gone back to TGC for practice.

Comment

I thought I canceled the above post, because I wanted to check some additional things out, but I guess I hit the wrong button. Anyway, I do find TGC more realistic with short to mid irons into greens. The first bounce issues seems to happen on almost all full shots. The first bounce is a bit strange, but I have seen balls react that way on some greens. Pitches and chips are not bad at all TGC 2019. It's to bad the course conditions cannot be changed in TGC. That may make the comparisons more interesting.

I have friends in all the time and we play TGC 2019. Other then the greens seeming to be hard even under soft conditions, we have few complaints or issues.

Comment

Originally posted by JRachner View Post
                Quick updates-
                Purchased the full E6 Connect annual license when it was first released (~6 weeks ago?). So far I haven’t fired up TGC2019 since. There’s some features of TGC I miss, but overall, E6 just works and their ball physics seem much more realistic.

Even more impressed by their response to customer inquiries and have already seen updates to their product to add features and resolve bugs.

I hope to see TGC2019 push an update to fix its flaws so it’s relevant (for me) again, but this post doesn’t give me much hope.

https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ir-response-is
                That's great to hear. I had made up my mind to go forward with E6 and not TGC2019, but I've been second guessing that decision the past couple days.

Comment

Working...
                X