E6 Connect and AMD Graphics cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E6 Connect and AMD Graphics cards

Has anyone been successful using an AMD based graphics card and E6 Connect? I have a new high end PC I built with a Gigabyte 6800XT graphics card. I have not been able to play more than 15-20 minutes without a driver timeout and system crash. I have tried numerous fixes with no improvement. Gigabyte could not reproduce the issue, and I cannot replicate it with any other software. I have reached out to TruGolf with no significant help. Thanks for your time.

I have an RX 570 and have driver timeouts. In addition to E6, it happens when viewing YouTube in Chrome, so I do not believe it is an E6 issue. However, I have never had it happen with TGC. I did see that the patch notes for the July driver update noted that AMD is aware of the issue and investigating.

Comment

So odd! I do not get it in YouTube or any other software. I did hear back from TruGolf today, and they are extending the demo so I can troubleshoot a little more.

Comment

I’m playing with an RX 570 and have not had issues at all. So cannot be E6.

Comment

RX580 - E6 will crash every once in a while - usually when just starting a round. restart or resume typically no problems...didn't use to do it at all, so i wonder if it came from an update?

Comment

I've found that the Larger the size of the course (in MB) the less likely it will even load on my laptop. (mine is pretty standard) Something that Helped a lot was changing the Video Setting in the e6 System Config from "Full Screen" to "Windowed". (Full Screen is the Default) then choosing the size that fit my screen the best. 1920x1080 worked for me. More of the larger courses load now instead of consuming all my gpu and crashing the e6 program. Being Adroidly, I'm duplicating one of my laptop's monitors to a SmartTv in my hitting area with the R10 and Garmin on my phone . This lets me play more of the courses and I get good duplication to my TV.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	572.0 KB ID:	382473
            Last edited by MattyTempo; 01-16-2023, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Update on this: I since updated to AMD's latest adrenalin driver (23.2.1) I didn't see any improvements.
              Although I was able to play a few rounds using Windowed mode.... I can't quite remember the other settings as I kept trying things but so far it seems as long as it's windowed mode It works..
              Not great.. I was blaming AMD's drivers but seeing as I've never had this issue with any card or games before I'm pretty sure it's E6's doing something not quite right..

Comment

Update:
                I'm able to reproduce crashes every single time now. Instead of somewhat randomly before which made testing solutions much harder.
                I'd appreciate if somebody could test this and report back:

1) start a new solo stroke-play round
                2) choose Troon Pinnacle course
                3) choose which holes to play and remove all of them. then just add hole Welcome! And start the round.
                For me, it crashes at the end of flyover.. just when it gets to the green..
                This happens every SINGLE time now! regardless of wether I'm playing online, local or even have a radar connected!
                The same thing happens on projector or directly connected to my OLED TV.
                Happens from 640x480 to 4K. With or without antialiasing, full screen or windowed!
                I've disabled HDCP, no overclocking, disasbled Microsoft MPO (which is know to cause a lot the same issues we're experiencing) but to no avail..
                I bypassed my Denon AVR too and no difference. It's basically down to E6 doing something weird that triggers AMD drivers.. But I don't have my old GTX1080 to test anymore sadly.. (it worked fine with that)
                I even ran a logger to check the GPU/CPU state before and after crash and they are almost idling as E6 is nothing compared to a newer game.
                And it's using a mere 2Gigs of my VRAM (out of 12G!) so it's not that either.
                Kept an eye on Power usage too and it's sipping power as it's not really challenging GPU at all even running it at 4K..

I opened a ticket with E6 with my findings.. But I'm not expecting much. they'll probably ask me to check if my computer is plugged in or tell me I don't meet the minimum specs which is clearly not the issue.. (and I entered all this in ticket to save them time!)

Been in IT for almost 30 years so I know my way around first level support desk sadly.

Let me know if that scenario crashes for you.
                Last edited by VoodooZ; 02-25-2023, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Any update from your ticket with E6 connect. I am having the same issues with my AMD gaming laptop. I can play at the range and there is two courses that don’t crash. Others crash right away while others crash well into a round.

Comment

Had all the same issues. 6800xt and Ryzen 7 5800x. E6 was no help. Just said sorry not our problem. They should really state Nvidia only and not say "Nvidia 1070 Graphics Card or equivalent
                    (Dedicated GPU with DirectX 11 Support)​". Got a cheap open box 3060ti and it runs just fine now. Only keep the card hooked up to one monitor just to use E6.
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                    X