Skypro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skypro

I just picked up a Skypro to help me analyze the output I'm seeing with my new Skytrak. I've read that these will be integrated together in the future. Right now, I'm comparing data on two different screens to see my swing path, along with the rendered shot. It's definitely helped to point out a severe flaw in my takeaway, and the resulting over-the-top motion in my downswing. Improving that is a different story, but I am intrigued by the ability to get an idea of what my swing looks like with the graphics, compared to a video where it can be harder to view the actual path.

I wish it showed you the path past the ball, as well. The tips are also somewhat helpful. It's nice to see directly where your position is, compared to what it should be. I'd also like to see more tour swings, or scratch golfer swings (which would probably be better to emulate) to compare to. Right now, there's only Gulbis and a classic player whom I can't remember. Neither swing is going to match up well to mine. Hopefully they're adding some new swings and other features soon.

I have a sky pro and I'm not convinced that's it's accurate

Comment

What about it makes you say it's not accurate? Is there something you observed that you didn't agree with?

I don't think everything is going to be spot on, but I think the general path and face angle should be pretty close. The positions it was providing me at least made sense considering what I was seeing for ball flight.

Comment

Cos according to the skypro I had excessive forward shaft lean at address. I even tried with the clubhead way ahead of the grip and it is still showed forward shaft lean.

Comment

How I see it if the shaft lean at address is incorrect how can any other aspect be correct

Comment

Genuinely curious - have you tried setting up in front of a mirror?

It's showing me a very inside backswing, followed by an over the top approach. That sucks, but I think it's actually what I'm doing. I noticed in videos how shallow my backswing looked. This mimics what I've seen in videos, but provides me a much better graphic to build off. I don't take it for gospel quite yet, but I do at least think it matches my ball flight on the 70 or so swings I've taken.

I know I've had a shallow swing for some time. Hopefully I can get things in order rather quickly. I know I can be a decent ball striker, but I really need to gain some consistency!

Comment

Don't need a mirror because I over exaggerated the club head being forward. It must have been 20 degrees forward with a iron and it still showed as 2 much back lean. I haven't done a full test / compare to videos yet. I will say I do slightly close the club face at address but can't see how that effects shaft lean

Comment

In terms of video for this type of swing, try watching a David Leadbetter video of his swing as I think he is the complete opposite and what you might think exaggerated for what you want to be doing.

Originally posted by DeaconBlooze View Post
                Genuinely curious - have you tried setting up in front of a mirror?

It's showing me a very inside backswing, followed by an over the top approach. That sucks, but I think it's actually what I'm doing. I noticed in videos how shallow my backswing looked. This mimics what I've seen in videos, but provides me a much better graphic to build off. I don't take it for gospel quite yet, but I do at least think it matches my ball flight on the 70 or so swings I've taken.

I know I've had a shallow swing for some time. Hopefully I can get things in order rather quickly. I know I can be a decent ball striker, but I really need to gain some consistency!

Comment

Working...
                X