Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting and chipping issues resolved on mevo plus using tgc 2019

Well...Here goes for my first post!
    Hello everyone! I have had a Mevo+ since October 2020 (which started as just a golf net in my garden on the first lock-down) I have had massive issues with putting and chipping mis-reads/no-reads etc.
    After using tips on here (many thanks to those who have posted these) and a hell of a lot of trial and error, I have finally got my set-up working like a dream. I would like to share everything with others out there who have been through what I have been through as it has been (at times) painful and heart breaking!!! So, to kick things off, could someone let me know where to put this thread so it will be easily located by other Mevo+ users that may need it. I am using TGC2019 and will try it out on E6 if anyone requests it. I will also do a video of my build and talk through the set up etc. and post it on YouTube with a demo of different length putts actually working with no shenanigans!
    It is a build that has been done on a budget. So far away from a £25k out of the box system, so I'm hoping this will help others who have or are planning to do the same. It's well worth the effort

All the best,

Neil

You can post your Mevo+ setup success in the Flightscope forum

Comment

Put it in the FlightScope forum: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/flightscope
      - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

Thanks guys, i'm going to put a post in the Flightscope forum.

Here goes!.....

All the best and happy golfing

Neil

Comment

Cool! Look forward to reading your experience!

Comment

Was it posted? I can’t putt at all...

Comment

• Neil Ally
              Neil Ally commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Noob, it's done. Hopefully this will help, i'm sure it will. If not there will be an answer

Noob when you say you can’t put, do you mean in TGC19 or E-6. Was this before or after the 0.16 update? The reason I ask is because your post here is 6;32 and the one that shows update 0.16 is earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Shankz View Post
              Noob when you say you can’t put, do you mean in TGC19 or E-6. Was this before or after the 0.16 update? The reason I ask is because your post here is 6;32 and the one that shows update 0.16 is earlier.
              I have not tried putting with 0.16 yet. I’ll do it tonight if I have time. Otherwise tomorrow. Have you tried? Any luck? I’m anxious to hear others set ups since none of my variations have worked. Tried in both E6 and TGC2019.

Comment

No I have not downloaded the most recent update. The last one I downloaded was the rollback.

Comment

Hi everyone, so here is the layout that really works well for the Mevo+ and TGC2019
                  I really hope this helps anyone who has been struggling like I have. From not reading a putt to turning gimmes off completely and putting from the fringe to inches away from the cup (don't forget to select "Putter" when putting from the fringe)

Mevo+ Set-up tip: Use the flightscope IOS app to set up - Roll to '0' degrees and 11 degrees tilt (as there is no roll display on TGC2019)

Diagram references: (all measurements in metric/mm) Set-up for Right handed golfers.
                  Mevo+ is located dead center of the putting surface which is 300mm wide (actual unit is central NOT the camera/sensor)
                  A = Distance from Mevo+ to Putting ball position (1): 1070mm and in the center of the putting mat/surface (mat #3)
                  B = Distance from Mevo+ to chipping ball position (2): 1650mm and 80mm from the edge of mat #2
                  C = Distance from Mevo+ to teeing off position (3): 2135mm and 140mm from the edge of mat #2 (irons and woods just to the side of the tee (either side works).
                  D = Distance from Tee position to hitting net: 2860mm
                  E = Putting mat/surface width: 300mm Total length is approx 5100mm
                  Mats #1 and #2 are typical driving range type mats - they vary in size so you can adjust to suit the measurements (Mat #1 was bought for beer money from the green-keepers where I play as it is an old one that's been replaced, so always worth asking!)
                  Mat #3 Has been the game changer! it's just a length of BLACK carpet from a carpet shop which rolls just like a putting green and only cost £25 for a 4M x 1M strip (used the left-over piece for the added length as they only make them up to 4M wide according to the shops I visited) Make the join at the Mevo end in order to have a nice continuous surface if you try this tip, as the join will be behind your putting position. Now whether i'm right or wrong, I decided black would be a good choice as it is a perfect contrast to the white ball (clever stuff hey?!) But my golly it works!!
                  Also what i did with this was create a base so the carpet height was the same as the hitting mat height, this is important as all of the mats shouldn't have any deviations in height. If there is chance of damp/rain then use something like Marine ply and throw a plastic sheet or tarpaulin over it when not in use.

Between mat #2 and the hitting net i have used some foam mats with the 'jigsaw' type edges that fit together and covered with a cheap astro turf/fake lawn to give less impact to the balls when they land which does a great job at a low cost and looks pretty 'golf' like!

My net is 3M x 3M which i made myself (if you want more info just let me know as it works great and saved me a bundle of cash) it's been in my garden since Lockdown #1 (May 2020) and has been pummeled with many balls and will take a further pummeling

If there is enough interest I'll do a video of it all working without any glitches and post it on YouTube

I could drill down into more details but will leave it up for any questions that I'll be more than happy to help with.

It's taken me months to figure this out and without this site i would not have made as much progress, so thanks to all that have helped with their tips and tricks. Just want to help anyone that is going through what I have been through. When the Mevo+ is set up right it is unbelievably good and squares up to it's very expensive alternatives!

Good luck and stay safe,

Neil

Comment

• paul santoriello
                    paul santoriello commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hope to get my Mevo + in a couple days - very helpful info I hope. The one thing I noticed is that on your diagram you have the mevo in line with the putting ball position but the chipping and teeing off ball positions is offset to the left (if looking in the screen direction) and not in line directly with the mevo, Am I reading that correctly and is that advised. Thank you for sharing.

Originally posted by Neil Ally View Post
                  Hi everyone, so here is the layout that really works well for the Mevo+ and TGC2019
                  I really hope this helps anyone who has been struggling like I have. From not reading a putt to turning gimmes off completely and putting from the fringe to inches away from the cup (don't forget to select "Putter" when putting from the fringe)

Mevo+ Set-up tip: Use the flightscope IOS app to set up - Roll to '0' degrees and 11 degrees tilt (as there is no roll display on TGC2019)

Diagram references: (all measurements in metric/mm) Set-up for Right handed golfers.
                  Mevo+ is located dead center of the putting surface which is 300mm wide(11.81 “) (actual unit is central NOT the camera/sensor)
                  A = Distance from Mevo+ to Putting ball position (1): 1070mm(3.51’)and in the center of the putting mat/surface (mat #3)
                  B = Distance from Mevo+ to chipping ball position (2): 1650mm(5.41’)and 80mm(3.15”)from the edge of mat #2
                  C = Distance from Mevo+ to teeing off position (3): 2135mm(7’)and 140mm(5.51”)from the edge of mat #2 (irons and woods just to the side of the tee (either side works).
                  D = Distance from Tee position to hitting net: 2860mm(9.38’)
                  E = Putting mat/surface width: 300mm(11.81”)Total length is approx 5100mm(16.73’)

I did the conversions for the non-metric people here and if I did it correctly then you putt from 3 1/2 feet from the mevo+ And chip from 5.41’. Did I get that right?
                  Last edited by Shankz; 01-07-2021, 02:48 AM.

Comment

• Bubba22
                    Bubba22 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Shankz. Saves us from converting.

Originally posted by Shankz View Post

I did the conversions for the non-metric people here and if I did it correctly then you putt from 3 1/2 feet from the mevo+ And chip from 5.41’. Did I get that right?
                  Thanks for that Shankz! I was going to put it into 'old money' as I still use feet and inches! Yes you've got it right! Only thing i noticed was the 1650mm length you've put 5.41" but i'm sure everyone will know it's 5.41' anyhow, much appreciated

I wouldn't have dreamed of trying the putts from 3.5' but someone else figured that out so i can't take credit for that!! But it works like a dream. However the position of the Mevo was just down to trial and error (many errors) but perseverance and will to succeed ended up with it placed bang on central to the putting line. Up until then it was placed more behind the teeing off position.
                  I feel like i could write a book on this experience where all but the end would be like a Stephen king style horror story!!!

Thanks again for the conversions

Comment

• Shankz
                    Shankz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fixed it and thanks for posting your info. Going to try it when I get the chance.

Going to try putting from 3.5’ right now.

Comment

I'll do a test with it on E6 and let you know how it goes, as it works great with TGC2019.....

Comment

Originally posted by Noob20 View Post
                      Going to try putting from 3.5’ right now.
                      Put the Mevo behind the putting line Noob so the center of the machine is behind the ball.
                      Good luck!

Comment

• Noob20
                        Noob20 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Did that. Still zero luck. To be fair, I’m trying in my kitchen, but I did an environmental test and it was clean, and I’m putting on a 9’ long perfect practice mat so it should work. I tried TGC. I’m in the process of trying E6. I did set it up as you suggested with the FS Golf App first.

• Noob20
                        Noob20 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Worked with E6, but for some reason the E6 kept crashing and then I could not reconnect the unit. That's the first time I've had issues with the E6 crashing. I'll try tonight in my normal setup and let you know.
                    Working...
                    X